AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 spontaneous karnapidasana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

inquirer

13 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  7:45:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

During resting period after doing AYP practices I've been doing automatically quite long asana sequences (without any earlier knowledge of them) for a few months already.

Lately long sequences stopped and now I'm usually guided to one, particular position for a long time (few minutes). After looking it up on the net, it turned out to be karna pidasana (legs around ears pose) - it's the same up to the smallest details (hands position etc).

I was wondering if there's anything special in this pose? Does it serve any specific purpose?

thanks!

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  4:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a variation of the plough (Halasana). B.K.S.I.'s Light on Yoga lists physical effects only:
Rests the trunk, heart, legs.
Spine is stretched more, which helps blood circulation round the waist.

Forward bends in general are soothing, calming the mind. I think this one is a good inward-turner for the mind.

As usual in asana, remember directly after to bend in the opposite direction too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000