AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Fasting.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  12:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone;

Here the month of Ramadan started today.& I feel like fasting.However with the extremely hot weather nowadays over here,I don't feel I can last the whole day fasting without water.

So I decide to fast except from water. I have sips of water every now and then.It makes people laugh over here,it's not fasting in their eyes .I laugh with them but I'll continue fasting with water :)

Yogani speaks about fasting for few days.But I want to fast the whole month.

Today was very easy .Nothing was missing!with or without food,same good energy level.

Would like to hear feedback from those who fast/ or did fast.

& for anyone who's fasting nowadays:Happy Ramadan & may your fasting be accepted

Salam

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 20 2012 12:59:04 PM

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  2:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

fasting in my experience is accepted directly. You decrease the intake of earth and water. With that the fire als decreases and air becomes more dominant. Space becomes more dominant. The self becomes more dominant and that what is beyond. A physical act leading to changes of the elemental balance on all density levels of the body-mind.

Happy and blessed Ramadan :)
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  05:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear Holy

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today is the last day of fasting and Ramadan.

yesterday and today I took the decision to add fresh juice to my fasting as things were falling from my hands few times during the day...glycogen must have fallen immensely.

All In all,it's a beautiful practice!never felt more peace,calmness and detachment like during this holy month.

I did meet lot of presences,spirits and deities more than I met since starting AYP practices.During meditation,dreams and while eyes open or close....some in form...some formless.

all of that reminds me of this from Quran about the holy days of Ramadan:

"The angels and the Spirit descend therein by permission of their Lord for every matter-Peace it is until the emergence of dawn"

Bye bye Ramadan...I'll miss you for sure!

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  6:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It was a good month :)

Didn't participate every day, but those days reminded me of how much a diference it makes if one decreases the food and water intake or just stops it for a lenghty while. The whole system opens up, the nadis open up, thoughts get clearer and fewer, perception gets more and more subtle. Long forgotten subtlest feelings rise like being a little child again. The witness increases, peace increases and the whole system is more responsive to yogic practices aswell. One starts appreciating food and water again and is more easily thankful.

In general kundalini was more active in phases, but in terms of long term progress can't give much comment on it. Some boost along the way :)

Happy Bayram =)
Go to Top of Page

crazymandrew

USA
121 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  11:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit crazymandrew's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think fasting can be quite harsh if your body needs to detox. I usually notice an improvement in my mood by the 4th day though.

It really depends on how toxic your body is.

Apple fasting can be great if I get too many symptoms!
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  3:23:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Bayram to you too Holy and to All :)

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000