AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Is it beginning of stillness?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bja

4 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  12:41:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello there,
I have been doing meditation for almost a year.About a month ago i have been hearing something like silence in my ears.I don't know it is a result of meditation or not.I have started Pranayama about 7 month ago but after 2 or 3 month i gave it up and just did meditation.Now i have started pranayama about 45 days.It was first in my left ear and now is on the right.Is it beginning of stillness or pressure of practices?
thanks in advance

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  3:27:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Bja!
can you describe a bit more about "silence in your ears"? Do you mean external noises appear more quiet?
Deep meditation is the foundational sitting practice which over time does lead to other things, including pranayama. So even if it did not catch on in the past, I am sure with continued meditation it will be hard to exclude it from the overall routine of practice.
Go to Top of Page

bja

4 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2012 :  4:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answer,
It's hard to describe,it's more like the silence when practicing meditation occurs within you or when you are in a quiet place specially at night you hear a silence or when you put your fingers into your ears you can feel something like that.Another thing is,i am calmer in recent days but i don't know it's related to that silence or meditation.it's you know,confusing.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  01:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bja,

Are you practicing AYP Deep meditation? One year seems like an unusually long time to take for you to start experiencing inner silence. Deep Meditation is pretty powerful and one sees results within weeks. So could it be that you are under-sensitive and maybe need to spike up your practices?
DM is all about cultivation of inner silence and as a result you will be feeling more centred, calm and compassionate in your daily life.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

bja

4 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  02:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes i am practicing AYP DM.
I experienced inner silence in very first months of starting meditation. And it has improved quality of every aspect of my life But it was not so strong.My question is about increasing inner silence.I wanted to know if anyone have experienced my case or not.And if it is a result of practice or not.

thanks
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2012 :  02:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear bja

It is common to hear "the sound of silence" and yes, it could an effect of your practices. If you search for 'Tinnitus' in the forum you will find many threads dealing with hearing sounds during or after practices and the many possible causes for that

Hope you find something helpful

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000