Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 nightmares
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  10:55:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After doing extra meditations for a few weeks I started having nightmares. Back to basics, I guess.

Bourgo

USA
57 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  07:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

After doing extra meditations for a few weeks I started having nightmares. Back to basics, I guess.

If I remember correctly, haven't you been trying extra mediations, extra time, or altered procedures for months now...with mostly negative results?

Perhaps it would be wise to stick with the basic AYP deep mediation and spinal breathing until you establish a steady, reliable foundational practice that you can build from constructively.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  08:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bourgo

quote:

If I remember correctly, haven't you been trying extra mediations, extra time, or altered procedures for months now...with mostly negative results?

Perhaps it would be wise to stick with the basic AYP deep mediation and spinal breathing until you establish a steady, reliable foundational practice that you can build from constructively.

Agree with both of you... best to move "back to basics"!
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  09:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I used to think like that...till I figured out that I don't really mind a horror movie every now and then.

I don't back off my practices anymore.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2012 :  2:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
offcourse back to the basics
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  12:07:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. Try it, if it works hooray if not back to basics. I suppose 'trying' is the key word.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2012 :  06:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks everyone. Try it, if it works hooray if not back to basics. I suppose 'trying' is the key word.

Yes, nothing wrong with "trying"...
Just don't be like some who have spend all their lives trying "something new", but never stayed with one thing long enough to give it a fair chance. It's like my daughter, at first she loved the piano(she started when she was 6) then the music started getting harder, and she wanted to quit. A that point, we would not let her quit, and it was hard for a year or two, but then one day she fell in love with her piano and cannot think of life without it.
We all hit a plateau at one point or another... or at one point or another, things start getting harder (without realizing at times), when the ego gets threatened, lots of purification starts happening which makes us restless.... we go looking for something that will give us a boost... but those are the times, we should stay with baseline practices (not if we are overloading, we self pace then).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000