Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Complicated Meditation situation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  1:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi dear fellow aypers,

Since my tongued pulled itself back into Kechari one. My meditation evolve into sth. different. The K 1 doesn't attempt to be on in SBP, but only in meditation.

Kechari soon triggers all sorts of powerful autoyoga practice, such as whole body mudra (Kechari, chin lock, udiyana and sambhavi), I was not sure if it's accompanied by kumbhaka or not, probably very briefly.This is fine because I can meditate in it. But then, there is bastrika every now and then, with belly muscles quickly moving with it, sometimes after bastrika, like a wave going across the belly. This definitely distracts me from meditation. I have to constantly go back to mantra.

My question is should I add spinal bastrika to pre-empt the auto bastrika in the meditation session? I've been doing ayp for more than 2.5 years now, with 5 retreats in belt. But the most advanced energy practice is siddhasana, which was on and off. So, the question is shall I add what it seem to call for, i.e., bastrika, or shall I do it in the ayp order, add siddhasana first, and then yoni mudra?

I tried to add siddhasana back on during SBP, it felt good, but the bastrika just went on as usual in meditation. I don't think I can add both siddhasana and spinal bastrika together. So, I need to decide whether I should stick to siddhasana or add bastrika first, just to see if it pre-empt the auto bastrika in meditation.

The bastrika distraction wasn't too bad, though.

Please shed light on this, many thanks!
AYP retreats work miracles, so did the hug with Krishna Das, I have to say!! So thankful!!!

Pheel

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2012 :  2:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pheel:

Sounds like you have a lot happening there.

You don't have to take on the AYP practices in the exact order in the lessons if there are clear indications that you should be doing a particular practice next, so it is okay if you take on bastrika before siddhasana if you feel called to. However, the suggestion remains to take practices on one at a time and allow a good amount of time (weeks or months at least) for each one to settle in. With rising bhakti there is a tendency to pile them on, I know, and it is a good thing we have a strong emphasis self-pacing in AYP for those times when we have a tendency to get ahead of ourselves.

Regarding kechari and other automatic yoga (mudras, bandhas, bastrika, etc.) occurring more in deep meditation than in spinal breathing, it would be good to favor using those practices in spinal breathing (as appropriate), where they will be less likely to cause disruption in your sittings.

Adding bastrika outside deep meditation may or may not reduce the tendency for it to occur automatically in other parts of your routine. You can try some for less than a minute before spinal breathing, and see if that helps. If not, then let it go while continuing to favor reducing automatic yoga during deep meditation. It may seem a tall order, but keep in mind that in time and with purification and opening these physical symptoms during practices are going to reduce naturally. We can favor that now in order to help stabilize our meditation practice. Extreme movements are not a requirement for purification and opening to continue to advance. In any case, during deep meditation we just easily favor the mantra over anything else that comes up.

Taking your time with easy asanas before sitting practices can also help reduce eruptions of of automatic yoga during meditation.

The thing about automatic yoga is that we are not required to favor its occurrence. If it is disrupting our meditation or causing overloads due to overindulging/allowing, then we should favor not engaging in automatic yoga so much. As discussed in the lessons, automatic yoga does not necessarily want our long term stable unfoldment. It wants it all right now, and that is simply not possible. So we should favor a balance. If we do, we can avoid the delays that can occur while we are recovering from any overdoing.

Sounds like lots of good purification and opening are happening there. It will be good to give things a chance to settle in before adding on more stimulating practices. The time to be thinking about adding practices is when our symptoms are becoming smoother (less friction -- indicating purification and opening has advanced), rather when when our symptoms are becoming more erratic (more friction on energy flow). In the latter case, it will be best to give things some time to stabilize. Then we will be in a much better position to take it to the next level with practices.

No doubt the AYP retreats have been a great boost for you. Enjoy the results and give it all some time to stabilize in your practice routine and daily activity. These bumps in the road will smooth out. Good things are happening.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2012 :  11:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yoganiji,

Thank you so much for telling me what exactly I need to know at this stage of practice!
I added back the full asanas routine, prolonged SBP session yesterday evening. I felt minor friction after that. But this morning the auto yoga reduced (no more bastrika, mudras and bhandas still there), and all the friction turned out to be ecstasy. It was like the whole body is embraced and lovingly caressed by this gentle wavy energy. What a pleasure.

good things are indeed happening. namaste!

Phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000