Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Loosing Hair
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  12:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, is anyone experiencing loosing hair due to doing AYP? I was practising AYP some months ago, stopped for 3 and back onto it for about 6 weeks. I used to have ongoing hair fall since I was a teenager and in the last 10 years, it's been very thin, until I used visualisation 2 years ago and it was restoring again.

However, I've noticed it falling a lot in the last month, so it's possibly AYP. I'm doing 10 mins pranayama and 20 mins DM, with 5 mins rest, twice a day. I must admit when I started it the 2nd time, I just carried on from where I left the previous time. Was this too steep a practice?

This is very upsetting. I will go back to visualising, hoping that it was this method that restored my hair and will do it again. Failing this, I will try other healing methods.

I don't want to take pills. Oils, okay. But I'm convinced it's something deeper, as nothing much else has changed.

Thanks

M

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 27 2012 1:22:49 PM

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  2:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maya,

Well I sure hope it's NOT the AYP!
Not sure if you are male or female. I am female and the last few years I had lots of hair loss. It turned out to be a combination of things causing it. First, I'm post menopausal so hormones probably were involved. Also I was working at a very high stress job and my eating and sleeping needs were a mess. Also I'm hypothyroid and that can really mess with your hair. Even my eyebrows were diminishing due to low thyroid. Also, and I don't think this was my problem, but not enough calcium in the diet can make hair fall like crazy. So first thing I did was really press my doc to make sure my thyroid replacement was sufficient. I left my job to work at home and I have been focusing on taking care of myself including (almost) vegan diet, lost weight, yoga asanas etc, LOTS of vitamins, drinking WATER. (there is a type of vitamin that is supposed to be very good for hair - I'll find the link if possible). I have found and proved to myself that the old home remedy of castor oil WORKS (slowly). My eyebrows have grown back due to applying it at night. I also put it on my scalp. It's very sticky tho. The inverted asanas are said to help the scalp and the thyroid as well. There is a theory that even a tiny amount of fungus on the scalp will reduce hair growth and some folks use antifungal cream on the scalp. For my horses I use MTG (which smells like burnt rubber haha) and it works like crazy on their manes and tails. It has anti-fungal effects as well due to the sulfur in it. A homemade (and less smelly) version of MTG would be sulfur powder mixed into coconut oil. On days when I know I will not run into anyone else I have put MTG on my scalp and then covered with a hat/scarf.
I like the idea of visualization as well

Here's the link to the vitamin on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Viviscal-Extr...Z10F9EOPT88R

Here's the MTG (if you're brave) http://www.amazon.com/Shapleys-Orig...1499&sr=8-12

So due to all my changes in habits and medication change as well, my hair is growing back, slowly, but growing. I notice it especially around the hairline and my eyebrows. And almost NOTHING coming out in the comb or in the shower drain!

Edited by - LittleTurtle on Apr 27 2012 3:05:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  3:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm sure it is not due to AYP. I have more hair than most men at my age.
the Chinese say it has to do with prana in the head area. And prana is closely tied to blood flow. So like LittleTurtle says, inverted postures, and just hard exercise in general to get the blood flowing.

Don't try to make more prana flow to the top of your head tho, because that can have bad effects. Just more prana flow in general is good. If your system is high in testosterone (manly hormone!) it causes hair loss as you get older, then some creams help like monoxodil.
Scalp massages help more blood flow, and when you wash your hair vigorously scrub. Also reduce stress by meditation twice a day.
Go to Top of Page

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  5:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies. I'm a 42 year old female. However, having done visualisation and seeing my hair grow twice as thick in 2 years, I'm very reluctant to try physical things. I tried some things years ago, to no or little effect; nothing like this. My question was just asking if others had experienced this whilst doing AYP.

Inner Silence, you say that EO have little hair. That's worrying. I don't want to loose my hair even if I'm seeking E. I know eventually it wouldn't bother me, but right now it does.

One other thing that has changed is that I think my 4 year neck pain has gone, which happened especially when I used the PC, using The Trigger Point Therapy method. I also did this about 6 weeks ago. I was wondering if the problem's decided to move to another part of my body, I know pain can transfer.

Etherfish, you said about testosterone. I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome. It's common amongst many women, but one of the things it does is to create more testosterone. I didn't have these symptoms the first round of trying AYP. I had just good ones - better sleep, nails growing, improved skin, etc... I thought the improved skin was because AYP was helping PCOS (which causes bad skin, hair loss, etc...).

It might be the last I try AYP.

M

Edited by - Maya on Apr 27 2012 6:10:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  7:56:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maya

Inner Silence, you say that EO have little hair. That's worrying. I don't want to loose my hair even if I'm seeking E. I know eventually it wouldn't bother me, but right now it does.

The Guru is in You. I don't think there is any written rule that enlightened people have less hair, they have as much as they need.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  8:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While there are often temporary bad effects from meditation, in general it eventually improves your health greatly. You can make a big difference in your health from diet and exercise. The most difference is made by cleaning your system daily by water and salad (raw veggies)preferably more than once. Water should be your weight divided by two, that's the number of ounces of water per day.

Sorry Maya, thought you were a guy. I doubt if a woman would have enough testosterone to cause hair loss. But some medications can cause that.

Also i don't think Inner Silence was referring to enlightened women when he said they often don't have hair.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2012 :  10:24:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maya

Thanks for your replies. I'm a 42 year old female. However, having done visualisation and seeing my hair grow twice as thick in 2 years, I'm very reluctant to try physical things. I tried some things years ago, to no or little effect; nothing like this. My question was just asking if others had experienced this whilst doing AYP.

One other thing that has changed is that I think my 4 year neck pain has gone, which happened especially when I used the PC, using The Trigger Point Therapy method. I also did this about 6 weeks ago. I was wondering if the problem's decided to move to another part of my body, I know pain can transfer.

Etherfish, you said about testosterone. I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome. It's common amongst many women, but one of the things it does is to create more testosterone. I didn't have these symptoms the first round of trying AYP. I had just good ones - better sleep, nails growing, improved skin, etc... I thought the improved skin was because AYP was helping PCOS (which causes bad skin, hair loss, etc...).

It might be the last I try AYP.

M

Hi Maya,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

Sorry about your hair loss.
It may be a nutrient deficiency that could be causing the hair loss. Try Biochemic Compound 28. Also, there is an accupressure treatment that may help. Rub the nails of one hand on the nails of the other hand for 10 min a day a few times a day.

Also, if you don't mind can you share your visualizing technique? I have a friend who has hair loss problems, she has had her hormones tested, but there are no problems there and maybe your technique can help her.

Thanks for sharing.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  04:54:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, I don't mind sharing my visualising technique. Just to remind you that my hair was getting really thin and it took a few months before it started showing up thicker; I had a few people telling me that it was. I used LOA books for guidance. This is what I did:

Every night I would have some quiet time and spend about 5 mins first relaxing and then picturing what it would be like to have thick hair. Just think of others you know and then try and get the feeling yourself. As you feel having thick hair, feel really good and excited. Be thankful.

Of course, at first, in reality, I was feeling down about it and had the feeling of thin and falling hair. I kept at it. During the day, it's hard to conjure of thick hair, but I wouldn't focus on hair that fell or the condition of it. I kept saying that I loved my hair when it was straightened and it looked good. You need to find SOMETHING good about it as a springboard, something to love. Really, it just went on from there.

I forced myself to not worry. When the worry had gone out, I enjoyed the fruits of that and it went on from there. Just as Abraham Hicks says it should.

If you feel bad again, allow some down time and then go back to your program. During the first 6 months, I still had a hairdresser saying to me if I had suffered an illness as my hair was thin. I did get upset by it, but went back to my thought method.

It did improve. I had people commenting that it was thicker than 2 years ago when they met me and one saying it was like when I was a teenager.

So, fast forward to 4 weeks ago. I noticed it started falling again when I was on holiday. I can't say why. Relieving a neck ache, AYP, changing season, no reason, etc... However, the feeling of falling hair must have crept in again AFTER that. I remember going to the hairdressers last week (another one) and she said again that my hair is thin (remember I don't have thick, thick hair) and would I consider a spa treatment, etc... I replied to her that her hair wasn't thick either and it can't work much. (Otherwise it would make a difference to her).

When she was cutting it, I was uncomfortable about the hair that was coming off.

I believe I should have noticed my feelings. If the past 2 years are anything to go by, I need to keep up good feelings about my hair.

So, I'm back to square 1, with a lot of hair falling, but with the advantage of really having more hair. I've stopped worrying and making an effort to love it. I now won't allow myself to count falling hair and I won't allow myself to look for patches or thinness. I appreciate it the way it is and do my quiet visualisation at night.

I can't say FOR SURE that visualisation worked, but I do believe it did. It's all I have and can do again. I know "take this and that", but it hardly made a difference.

I have tried visualisation on other areas of my life, but with not much success. Sometimes it has worked.

If she wants to email or talk to me, please contact me directly.

M x

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  05:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a method I was taught during NLP practitioner training. It's for general health. Works in all areas. I have used it a couple of times on my self with some success. I haven't used it for a long time. I will have a look through my notes and let you know the technique. I know the full technique involved a pendulum and I adapted it.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  08:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Maya.
I will share this with her and ask her to contact you if she would like to.
I had gone through a phase of hair falling, henna and vitamin E oil completely stopped it. But it has not helped my friend. If you have not tried it, maybe give it a try?

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  09:59:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Found it, but requires formal trance induction to access the unconscious perfect blueprint of the healthy body. Not really possible to do that without a hypnotherapist present.

It can be done with a pendulum. You can place a pendulum held loosely from the fingers over a piece of paper with a circle drawn on it. You have to calibrate with a series of questions and ask the subconscious mind, yes, no, not sure, maybe type questions and then mark the direction of swing on the paper.

After that ask: does the unconscious mind know what to do to get the hair to be healthy, thick and lustrous ?

Is it possible for the unconscious mind to return the hair to the state of being healthy , thick and lusterous?

( it presumes that the answer the pendulum swing will give will be a yes. If not, and sometimes it will be no, then there is a set of additional instructions).

Then : will your unconscious mind give permission for this to happen?

How quickly will this be done?.....you need to specify times 1 month, 3 months etc and look for the answer.

You can also ask if it can be done quicker and then shorten the timescales if there is agreement.

Then ask Can the unconscious mind start this immediately?

Obviously we are looking for Yes from the pendulum held in your hand.

There is a specific way to hold the pendulum which can be found by an Internet search. Elbow on table, wrist relaxed, can't remember where the chain goes.

It's esoteric, I don't use it, instead I use a self hypnotic traffic light system green for yes, red for no, yellow for maybe.

Some therapist have a lot of success with the pendulum.

Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  12:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When i was a very young woman I had polycystic ovaries. I found an hebalist who prescribed two different herbs (sorry so long ago I can't remember what they were)and I did some acupressure. Within about 30 days I saw HUGE improvement and well, after that no more symptoms from it, periods became regular etc. I recently read on another forum about recent research on spearmint tea and free testosterone in women. Apparently it eliminates that 'bad' testosterone in women, such as when women develop a mustache or such. It made me wonder if this kind of free testosterone in women contributes to hair loss. I just might start drinking spearmint tea.
Anyway thanks for posting your visualization method. And i hope you find some relief from the hair fall problem.
Go to Top of Page

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - May 04 2012 :  11:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just logged in after a few days. Thanks so much for all your input. I didn't know all these people had replied to my quest

M x
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  04:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Maya,
I seriously doubt your hair loss is due to AYP/ yoga/ meditation techniques. Usually we would expect just the opposite, with improvement in health, etc.

I also have thin hair so I totally sympathize. Mine has been quite thin my whole life, genetic, my mom and grandma had it, too. But it got particularly bad over the past 15 years, until I was nearly bald on top and started wearing a wig. I had been on a number of medications including Ortho Tri-Cyclen (which is actually supposed to be good for hair, but I wonder), Flonase and Zyrtec for allergies. I learned online that Zyrtec can cause severe hair loss. I decided (for a number of reasons) to stop taking synthetic medications in 2008. I went through absolutely horrible withdrawal symptoms from the Zyrtec - skin crawling, night terrors, convulsions, etc. for almost a week, after which not only did I feel much better, but my allergies also improved! Anyway, it took a couple of years but my hair finally grew back and it's really great now and I do LOTS of yoga and meditation. (I do recommend inverted postures.) Anyway, you didn't say if you are on any medications but a lot of them can cause hair loss even though it's not widely publicized and it might be in the VERY fine print at the bottom of the "warnings." In any case I wish you all the best. Please be encouraged, hair loss in women is almost almost temporary. It can often be related to stress and can even be a delayed reaction to stress that has already passed.
Go to Top of Page

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  05:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Radharani

Thanks for your reply. It's encouraging to know that you, like me, have had thin hair for years, but now it's all grown back for you.

I'm not on any medication; I very seldom take any (perhaps popped 2 in the last 2 years). My hair's still falling a lot and I can see the thinness showing through. I know, I know - try not to worry, etc... What's frustrating is that everything was getting better and this happened - out of nowhere. I was becoming a calmer, happier person, only to be faced with hair loss once again. I thought I saw the end of it. I can also say that yes, there's been a huge difference in the volume of it in the last couple of years.

I might not update much as I'm trying to work through this and writing about it is not easy. I'm not sure if almost all women's hair loss is temporary; I've known plenty who've had it for many, many years and never seems to go at all.

I've tried to be spiritual about it, but I can't see the answers. It's really hard to just allow myself to go bald. I am rather tense these last few weeks. A friend said she'll do EFT for me. I'm trying the Healing Code and if nothing works, I will pull myself out of my misery and then be joyful and visualise until the cows come home. If that doesn't work, then I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - May 23 2012 :  12:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maya,

As mentioned above hair loss can be triggered by a thyroid problem. Iodine deficiency is sometimes the catalyst for the problem. One way to check your thyroid function at home is detailed in the following link. I take a natural iodine supplement from TriMedica called Thyadine.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3402#29365

Wishing you the best,
Steve

Edited by - Steve on May 23 2012 12:59:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - May 24 2012 :  12:14:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Steve

Okay, I think I may have to heed others' advice about some physical causes, as mentioned by yourself and others - iodine, iron, PCOS, etc... I have had iron deficiencies in the past and PCOS. At least until I resolve the underlying issue.

Thanks.

M

Edited by - Maya on May 24 2012 12:55:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  04:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Low Iron is a very common cause of hair loss in women.
Go to Top of Page

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  12:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

I thought it was high time I gave this post an update.

My hair loss seems to have stopped in the last 6 weeks. What did I do?

Well, after all the advice that it might be this or that, I decided just to eat better. So, I included a large salad in one of my meals nearly every single day. I made sure it included good stuff, especially avocados, Brazil nuts, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc... I also ate more Omega-rich foods, such as mackerel at least twice a week.

However, I must say that before I did any of this, I surrendered the "problem" to God. (I believe in God, perhaps others could just say it to their Higher Selves). I said that He could do want He wanted with it, but please just help me through it. I was prepared for whatever outcome. I really tried to be sincere and every time it came out in heaps, I'd say things like, "It's okay, bad things are just good things disguised", or "Healing has begun". I kept this up for a couple of months and without noticing it too much, I was starting to relax about it. I know I did go through a week initially of being relaxed but it didn't seem to come to anything. Maybe later it really had sunk in. Sure, I had times when I felt very low and couldn't feel God in the equation, but after a few hours, I went back to my faith and mustered all the belief I could. If I didn't have this, then what else is left in life? (For me, anyway).

I don't know for sure what worked. I'm not eating salads everyday, but the hair loss seems to have gone. I can see hair growth at the front of my hairline. Already, it's not so see-through. So, now I can visualise thicker hair again without being too resistant, which I might do from time to time.

I know it could return, but I will keep up my spirits. And another thing, I do make sure that I use this attitude to all areas of my life. I'm not trying too hard, just letting go. I don't get into fights so much and life doesn't even seem to require me to do so. It's at these times, I feel that I get back what I give. I'm not saying that I don't get tested, I do, but I'm managing to keep things in my stride or at least, get back to good feelings far more quicker than ever.

What do others think? Has anyone surrendered an issue and seen it resolve itself effortlessly or was it something that just needed a bit of time?

M x

Edited by - Maya on Sep 10 2012 4:57:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2012 :  2:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more practical thing.

Juicing. Carrots and Apples organic juiced freshly and drunk within a few minutes made my hair as lank and greasy as a teenager. All the natural oils came back, I'm too lazy to keep it up, but certainly might be a good option for you.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  08:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi maya

I am not sure if you are still across this post, but could you post the trigger point therapy that you used to correct a neck problem? I hurt my neck about a year ago, and although it is much better after regular chiro treatments, its still niggling there.

Thanks, or anyone else that may know about this.

Maria
Go to Top of Page

Maya

India
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2012 :  1:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Karl for your suggestion. As for apples, I've heard that apple cider vinegar is fab for hair growth. I think I might give it a go. I wanted to get to a point where it wasn't falling excessively.

SparklingDiamond - I got the book from Amazon called the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook from Claire and Amber Davies. I've heard good things about it and it's got rave reviews on Amazon. (Assuming they're true). I didn't cure my shoulder ache, but it's goes in peaks and troughs.

The one book that got rid of chronic pain for me once was when I used a book called, "The Mind Body Connection", by John Sarno. I believe it's a top seller in Amazon. It works on lots of different pain areas, (except for this particular shoulder ache).

I've used thought watching, qi gong, intention, John Sarno's book for pain relief. All have worked wonders at different times on different areas. My shoulder ache has just been harder to get rid of.

I might sound like I constantly have pain, but I don't really. I've gotten accustomed to using mind techniques for pain relief. They're things I've used over the years.

Good luck. If I can help any further, do let me know.

M x
Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2015 :  04:29:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

Try scalp massages with this panacea (as a spray) :
http://www.regulat-direct.com/en/
It helps recovering from local biological imbalances and solves A LOT of disorders that doctors can't (frozen shoulder I had for months after I've met many specialists; stings; eyes issues; burns; cuts; lungs due to smoking; digestive issues; etc.)

And No Stress thus meditate to release whatever is bad inside.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  12:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
in one of lahiri's commenataries he says kriya pranayama will cause baldness. i think if you're prone to baldness kriya can speed it up. however if your genes allow you to keep your hair you whole life kriya shouldnt cause you to go bald. i began losing my hair very early in life. i was 17ish when i started noticing my hair falling out. im glad i decided not to take propecia or avodart. not sure what a woman can really do right now though. youd have to take a drug to really make a difference in your hair density..minxodil,avodart,proepcia,oral spiro..

Edited by - adishivayogi on Jul 26 2015 01:40:28 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000