Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 serving the Ishta
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  1:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
over the years my Ishta has evolved into many forms...first it was a formless idea then it expanded to become Lord Siva then a Monk from India (not necessary to mention His name, He left his body few years ago)....
currently i am spontaneously offering all my thoughts, desires and fears to the Ishta
whenever i feel that all is positive and great i find myself talking to the Ishta as follows: all is great thanks to You, i offer it all to You because You made it happen
whenever i feel that all is negative and out of "control" (what control) i find myself speaking to the Ishta as follows: all these problems are not mine, finding solutions is not my task, please take all those negative thoughts back and let everything happen as You want not as i want. whatever You decide will be accepted even at the expense of my so called life, job, family, relationships, health....
then magically everything starts flowing perfectly
this talking to the Ishta is happening to the formless Ishta or to Lord Siva and or this Monk from India depending on what spontaneously comes to my mind
in fact these are not many Ishtas, they are One and what really matters is the Bhav in the Heart
Last week i was at a satsang for lebanese disciples of this Monk from India which i Love and which i never met face to face.So we were watching a video of one of his visits to Lebanon.The monk finished the satsang and was distributing Prasad (blessed food). Among the prasad there were chocolates in the forms and colors of black or green olives. The Monk liked them very much. he was amazed that those chocolates were manufactured to look like olives
These chocolates are fancy and hard to find. Today i was buying some prunes and almonds and guess what? i find this same kind of olive chocolates right in my face. So i immediately bought a box.Now i offered some of them as prasad to my beloved Monk. In my meditation space i have pictures of saints that inspire me and off course this Monk is among them .Before every sitting practices i bow down to those saints and especially to this beloved Monk as a sign of gratefulness and surrender than i carry on the practices ....in the end the Guru/Ishta/Self etc...are all inside out,within and without

Edited by - maheswari on Apr 26 2012 1:36:10 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  1:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So beautiful, my dear Maheswari... straight from your heart and definitely went straight to my heart...

Very touched.

Give my pranams to your beloved ishtas and send me (in your mind is enough) some chocolate olives (prasad) from their feet.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  1:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
will do so..time for my evening practices...now will find out if the Ishta loved the prasad or not
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  2:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh but I'm just dyin' to know who this monk is/was
Loved the part about the olive chocolates.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000