Enlightenment Milestones
 Dreams as life and not life as a dream
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cff

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  4:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've often read and heard that yogis live life like in a dream.

It's funny because with the so many lucid dreams that I've been having I notice that it is my dreams that are looking more and more like physical reality and not my physical reality like a dream. This is how to me, at times, it feels physical reality is very similar to a lucid dream. Only it has less of the Watcher or Witness as I experience in lucid dreams, where the feeling of the Witness is 100% felt.

Folks care to share how has your spiritual sadhana affected your dreaming?

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 25 2012 4:59:15 PM

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  1:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cff, sometime after performing sadhana more regularly I read how to have lucid dreams. I tried during the day some days and then had it. It was difficult for me when I tried to fly, I could a bit, and soon I Woke up.

Since then I don't try it willingly, but it happens from time to time. Normally when I realize that I am dreaming everything dissapears and gets white and I float unwillingly (an awesome feeling), although I can change the direction to where I am going, and normally too I wake up very soon after that.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  10:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cff

Folks care to share how has your spiritual sadhana affected your dreaming?

Hi cff, I get a lot more lucid dreams than before. Rarely, I get a "super lucid" dream where it feels more real than this reality, and I lose all awareness of the body. It feels like I'm out of the body because it's impossible for me to return, no matter how hard I try.

When the dreams aren't lucid (or super lucid), I don't often remember them. There isn't much middle ground anymore.

Love [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

cff

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  11:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting cosmic, I had two such super lucid dreams the other day.
I would have BET I was in real life and I had woken up to reality. The dream was however a metaphor of my spiritual practice.
I pulled away from the dream, and saw I was looking at a screen (the dream). When I woke up from that dream, I was somewhat of in a shock.
The other was a dream where I had doubts on the Dharma before going to sleep. In the dream I was told that I have this dream every time I have doubts on the Dharma. Needless to say, the dream wasn't pleasant..., but it was followed by a transition where everything became more real than this reality. I would have bet my bottom dollar I was somewhere more real than here.

Thxs for sharing both of you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000