Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Different types of risings / processes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beckon

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2012 :  11:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
While I appreciate that we're largely "under the hood" here at AYP, speaking as someone whose hood was recently blown off, this was especially intriguing to me:

http://kundalinicare.com/?page_id=161

It was refreshing to read something outside the usual Root -> Crown / Instant Enlightenment dross.

Do these models resonate with anyone else's personal experience?

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  03:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beckon,

I think that stuff is very much under the hood. It is not really that useful, unless you are involved in the work of diagnosing and remedying kundalini risings that are displaying problematic symptoms. Some of the risings mentioned on that website are extremely rare.

AYP is a method designed to bring kundalini first of all to ajna chakra, and then to sahasrara. This is covered on that website page in the paragraph under: Full rising (at Makara).

So basically, I would ignore information like that as it can be more confusing than useful.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  07:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, if you are following AYP, but there seem to be a lot of people who come here with kundalini problems from over-doing other systems. If I were one of those people, I would be interested in how things go wrong under the hood, caused by mistakes in how the controls are used.
Maybe that's just me though; at work I often have to fix machinery with no electrical diagram, so when I DO get to see a diagram it's like gold to me.
Although the diagram is not necessary to operate the machine, it is quite useful to fix it, or at least understand what went wrong.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  12:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even for problematic symptoms, I would imagine that just self-pacing and letting the body do the micromanaging (under the hood) would yield more directly to balance and grounding.

I've done some looking 'under the hood' prior to AYP trying to find entry points and the main controls. Sure, it was insightful in some ways, but not without raising more questions calling on more abstraction and conceptualizing even when paired with different practices. The best part of that whole process was that it led me to AYP, and back into balanced committed practice and ordinary life.

The lessons cover all of this when talking about maps of the subtle neuroanatomy and how to create accurate ones that are true to us. They remind us that we are already working with the root of all such maps, the nervous system, in ways that take into account possible variations and unique features in real-time.

"[..]drawing the distinction in mind and practices could become an obstacle to the natural expansion of the internal energies, much the way hanging on to a specific mantra pronounciation can become an obstacle to deep meditation[..]attempts to categorize and manage the details of internal energy flows can lead to more problems than solutions. A more holistic approach may yield better fruit." -SFP, http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3296#29372
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2012 :  7:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I'm not suggesting working under the hood. I just like knowing exactly what went wrong. . . it's just a personal preference.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000