Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Pranayama Order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  11:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I started everyday to do the following practices and would like some opinions if you have about the order of doing them..

I start with:
1. 3 min of Spinal Twists - fingers interlaced and arms behind the back, pulling away from the back as far as possible and start twisting my body with inhale to right exhale left

2. 5 min of Breath of Fire - Sometimes slow pace sometimes in a faster pace, depends how I feel like.. sometimes I feel hard to do more then a min I take a few sec break and continue till I meet the requirement.

-rest a few sec-

3. Sat Kriya - Currently I am doing this one only 1 min but will try to increase time

-rest a few sec-

4. Anumola Viloma - 5min - 10min

5. Another kind of Spinal Twist - AKA Camel Ride for 3 min

6. Crown Chakra Meditation - for 5min - 10min which I find quite powerful. hands interlached above head, sambhavi, inhaling and exhaling with the chant OM (I try to visual the vibration going out the Ajna

Almost all these practices I do in Rock Position

As you can see I have more Pranayama then Meditation itself, however other then the Chakra Meditation after all those practices whenever I feel like my mind is finally shut down and I can just lay within stillness I just let myself be.

I heard that Spinal Breathing is powerful byitself, so I was wondering if I should add it somewhere to the order or should I replace it with Anuloma Viloma? I am not really sure which practice has more potential to activate the chakras and let energy flow through the shusuma, I heard that Anuloma Viloma does that.. but not sure about Spinal Breathing.. if someone could help me out with this one.

EDIT: Is it better to do so many practices after another in order to rise the kundalini ASAP and awakening the chakaras? or would focusing on 2 kind of Pranayama be much more powerful?

Edited by - Ichigo on Mar 26 2012 12:15:13 PM

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  2:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That practice is pretty different than AYP. I would ask the teacher that you learned it from. If you are interested in AYP then read the lessons here (it can take awhile). In AYP, pranayama is done in a sitting posture (siddhasana is preferred) rather than combined with stretching asana. Also, attempting to raise kundalini ASAP would generally be a bad attitude to take in yoga, better to deepen and solidify your daily practice. Also, intense meditation on the crown (especially in the beginning) is to be avoided according to Yogani, but the focus on the third eye (ajna) is more desirable. It is a subtle distinction but important. Best of luck in your practices!
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2012 :  3:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000