Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 6 years of AYP, but no results
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

broken heart

India
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  02:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing deep meditation and SB pranayama since 2006 but I still have no inner silence, no kundalini awakening, have not identified the spinal nerve. Why could this be?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  08:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure?
Or is it not like you think it should be?

Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself?

Have you stayed with deep meditation and spinal breathing twice a day for 6 years without a break?
Have you tried to add any of the other practices mentioned in the lessons?
Have you tried mantra enhancements?
Go to Top of Page

broken heart

India
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  12:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Are you sure?
Or is it not like you think it should be?

Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself?

Have you stayed with deep meditation and spinal breathing twice a day for 6 years without a break?
Have you tried to add any of the other practices mentioned in the lessons?
Have you tried mantra enhancements?

Yes I've been doing twice a day without a single day's break. I used to do advanced Pranayamas involving breath retention but have given up on them since more than a year due to facing too many nocturnal emissions. I did not try mantra enhancements because the lessons say the right time is when we feel the urge, but I haven't had any such. The only change I have seen is that I seemed to have become more compassionate and easily moved to tears on listening to tragic news of accidents or murder on TV, but that may not have anything to do with Yoga. May be my lack of progress indicates I'm not supposed to be doing Yoga.

Edited by - broken heart on Feb 23 2012 12:18:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  12:19:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there

Are you sure that you were practising 6 yrs? I found it curious that I couldnt find any of your earlier posts where you asked for directions or help while stuck in a sadhana (plateau) for many years.

Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  12:22:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps adding bhastrika or kapalbhati?
Go to Top of Page

broken heart

India
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  12:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chit-ananda51

Are you sure that you were practising 6 yrs? I found it curious that I couldnt find any of your earlier posts where you asked for directions or help while stuck in a sadhana (plateau) for many years.

Yes, I have been practising 6 yrs twice a day. I guess I ran out of patience only now, so I'm asking.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  1:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Must be densely packed in the matrix, that's all. Here's a stupendous lesson you may not be aware of:
Suggestions for Under-Sensitive Meditators
http://www.aypsite.org/366.html

Remember, AYP is laid out for living--not the other way around. Practice to live. If the mind gets set on tasting the fruits within practice only, we might forget that the real purpose is found in living life between our routine (service, creativity, play, and on and on as you wish). This is something I find more and more true after 1.5 years of daily practice.

Surely, the rise of your compassion is a sign of progress. Godspeed.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  3:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi broken heart,
I've only done it for a year twice daily and despite my possible under-sensitivity I can see minor symptoms that indicate something is definitely going on 'under the hood.' I've done other practices before that which I did not find fulfilling, that did not put my desperation where it belongs (in bhakti and practice), and I've always longed for 'reaching' a practice of the likes of AYP. You can imagine how it was on its discovery, along with the experience that dear fellow members have to show it has its own traction without a list of prerequisites. On the contrary, it is itself a prerequisite for other enhancements and openings.

You do speak of symptoms at night and increased compassion. My suggestion in reply to your question is to re-examine priorities and expectations. Like you, without active ecstatic conductivity, overloads, or any real scenery, practices can go forward steadily, and that's what ultimately makes the difference in the end. Maybe I am wrong, but I see nothing better than clearing away obstructions through easy practice, while allowing the milestones to fall in at their appropriate time. Ripe fruits make for viable seeds?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  3:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Broken Heart,

Welcome to the forum.

What is your daily practice routing now?
Go to Top of Page

YogaPat

Canada
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  5:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaPat's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hello Broken Heart,

I have been practicing AYP since 2006 too and am just beginning to feel like real progress is being made. If you are meditating correctly and are doing other practices as well it may be that progress is happening, maybe even allot but not on the conscious level.

You could give yourself a mini vacation from practices (2-3 days) and then come back and keep going. I’ve found this helps sometimes when I feel bogged down. Also playing around with the duration of your meditations could get the ball rolling quicker (20 min to 25 min).

Or maybe your already enlightened and don’t know it :)

Cheers, Patrick

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  6:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes silence is hard to find if you use stimulants like caffeine.
Also, bhakti is of utmost importance no matter what your practices are.
Do you feel the stress level in your life has decreased since doing meditation? that should have changed dramatically before 6 years.
All the best, and I agree with the suggestion for under-sensitive meditators.
There have been a lot of threads on expectations. If you are always expecting something to happen, it won't. Meditation helps you let go of all that, and letting go is important. So that meditation is just done as a daily routine, not like a martial art, trying to reach a goal.
It is important to differentiate between bhakti and expectations.
Once you are able to feel great devotion to your highest ideal (bhakti), without expecting anything for yourself, you will make great progress. It's tricky.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 23 2012 7:42:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  8:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear broken heart,

if you are honest, I must gratulate you for your trust and surrender. But if there is really nothing, not even the slightest, then sit for a moment of full honesty and silence and look into your own very depth, do you really want it? I'm speaking of the very best and nothing below, no half half cheaty a little bit etc.

If your answer is yes, then you should really press the gas pedal. This is physics, it will work. Don't worry. Give it the full power. Add 15 min nadi sodhana prior to SBP. Sit in siddha asana, pull the perineum with skill, but strongly and hold the breath. Let the semen flow if it flows, no worry. Inrease DM to 30-40 mins. Skip samyama for now and instead sit in the after effects and let happen whatever happens for a good time.

Besides practice, you need more movement and water in your life to soften the dry and crusty karma. Nature, sea, waterfull fruits, bycicle and walks. Camping in nature.

Sooner or later this intensity will lead to good openenings and overloads, but it will also make you clearly see: ok this can be done.

As an addition, inspiration from living people diving into pure bliss can help a lot too. Be open if an easy oportunity arises to visit someone just for the sake of love and nothing else.

Wish you the best,

Love
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  03:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have devotion and not desire. Desire is necessary to stoke the fire of devotion.
Know that love comes only from within, it flows outwards and is imperishable.

If you do practices with a desire for Kundalini, or stillness they will not come. It is like willing the Moon to come closer. The love of the Moon is not in the Moon, it is in your heart.

Six years, six billion years until you learn what to a blade of Grass comes naturally.
This is why you have a broken heart, because you seek what you think was lost, just as a lover loses his partner and thinks he cannot love again. Love was never in the partner, it is always in you, it is your heritage.

Ps , I just figured this out because you posted the question, if you hadn't I would not have realised. Thank you, thank you

Edited by - karl on Feb 24 2012 05:48:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't it be that he just practiced th wrong way?

Go to Top of Page

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also, I would like to ask:
you all speak about expectations as hindrances to progress, but should't be DM by its own nature ble to bypass this, differently from other methods? In pratice, it shouldn't matter if one epects something or has a real desire for englightenment inside or not, as far as one follows the correct procedure.

Also, the "verification" of silence or other results should be self evident, isnt't it?
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
richilincez: I can't answer for Broken_heart as they have not yet attended to some of the questions posted, but my guess is the practices are in some respects self-correcting (the part about the guru being in you). One way to illustrate is shifting reliance, at least in some practices, on the subtle movements that are said to occur with rise of ecstatic conductivity. I've been doing that in practice with mulabandha and especially sambhavi where the pull and pressure, respectively, arises on cue with subtle intention of movement, breath, and attention.

I also agree that DM should in time bypass expectations and their hindrances. The lessons suggest that a chosen ideal relates to bhakti, which is necessary, and carries the seeds of its own transcendence. It was clarified also by the metaphor of needing someone (mind) to chop off the very limb you are sitting on to rectify misidentifications and misperceptions.

Maybe inner silence might be easier to see by contrast, but otherwise I too think it should be self-evident when it ever does arise. Observe someone with very little inner silence and see how they might barely be able to separate themselves from their underlying convictions and conditioned responses. That's not to claim you can test for it (and subsequently fall prey to judgment) but instead to show that even in its basic form the benefits are hard to deny away.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you could always try adding some advaita, it may help your meditation, or you may not meditate.
If you decide to watch this, my suggestion would be to watch without a lot of gettting up and interuption
http://mooji.org/videos_tiru2012.html

Edited by - brother neil on Feb 25 2012 12:22:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@richilincez

if you have 10 oranges and eat one after another, what you think will make zero difference to the outcome as long as you continue the practice. The same applies to SBP, DM, mudras, bandhas and all the other yogic, tantric, buddhist, muslim, christian etc. techniques, at least as long as they are based on universal laws.

You also can't miss inner silence or the witness becoming more dominant and visible.

Broken heart surely did nothing wrong. Even to the contrary, s/he practiced 6 years without any complain. This is godly by all means. With this determination, if s/he adjusts the practice a little bit, the outcome in the mid and long run will be nr.1 =)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  9:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richilincez

Also, I would like to ask:
you all speak about expectations as hindrances to progress, but should't be DM by its own nature ble to bypass this, differently from other methods? In pratice, it shouldn't matter if one epects something or has a real desire for englightenment inside or not, as far as one follows the correct procedure.

Also, the "verification" of silence or other results should be self evident, isnt't it?

Expectation- bad; desire - good.
Expectation limits the outcome, because you are pretending to know what the result is before you experience it. How can you expect something if you don't know what it is? So your mind creates an image of what enlightenment is, built out of word based concepts from your un-enlightened times. That image has nothing to do with enlightenment because it is imaginary. And yet you cling to it by expecting.

Desire just draws it closer without limiting it, so it's good,
if you are not limiting the outcome.

No, verification is not always self evident. I have found inner silence, and yet it seems like nothing to me, and it seems like nothing has changed at all. The only reason I can even say I have found it, is things like samyama, and obtaining answers to all my questions, etc. work very well for me, and i know they require inner silence first.
But I often forget about it, so it is not as if I have achieved some goal, or have something valuable in my possession.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  12:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can imagine the feeling of disappointment, B/Heart. Have you considered that maybe you started off a pretty healthy guy all ready? I mean shots of antibiotics do wonders for sick people but a well person taking the same shots would say 'no biggie'. I started meding a couple of years ago because I was angry, pissed, hatefull and whatever else there is. Trying to hold all that in left me a shaking mess. Meditations was my last hope, later I found AYP and a bunch of great people and advice. In time, I went from a stick of dynamite looking for a match to a little bit easier going guy. The buddhist principles of suffering helped a ton as did equanamity. All I wanted was a more emotional peace and I have that now--- well most of the time.
Bless all the people here and Yogani for all his work. Look to make some friends here B/Heart, there are many, many here that don't judge or care where you came from. I don't know much but I sense you'll be fine. Maybe you just have one or two of the big four blockages to the spirit. They are: health, wealth, intelligence and youth. I was old, broke and sick so I guess it helped.
The best to you no matter how you go,
Larry
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  05:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Expectation - Desire - Devotion.

It's only when you get to Devotion that the dam really breaks.

Realising that the mind and body are a conduit for divine Love. Love pours through this conduit like water through a hose pipe.

If no devotion is present I think the practises can become dry and crusty, like rain on barren soil.

It can be that hopelessness and failure that eventually leads to desire becoming devotion and the rain becomes a flood.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  12:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It's only when you get to Devotion that the dam really breaks.

u said it...
Go to Top of Page

richilincez

Italy
24 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  04:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to the anwers to my questions.

Good luck but mostly good practice to broken-heart.

Riccardo
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000