New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  1:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I usually stay away from any meds if I can but I have taken Celexa a couple times in the past when I really needed it and it was worth doing. It allowed me to take a step back so to speak and view the situation causing the depression from a different calmer perspective. Celexa is good because it acts almost immediately unlike many other psyche meds. Just be careful that when you are ready to come off of it that you wean yourself down. Don't stop abruptly because in some people that can cause a horrible crash.
Go to Top of Page

Leo17

USA
29 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2012 :  6:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@LittleTurtle: Totally, Celexa (or Citalopram) is what I landed on after doing quite a bit of research on the best drug w/ the least side effects for anxiety/depression. It has been more helpful than I could have hoped for in giving me the perspective you are talking about. I honestly could go back to a non-medicated state w/o much of a problem because I have done it for so long and its what I am use to. But I think using this as a transition will be a good thing...
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  09:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Find some other activities in your life that you enjoy. Take up music, art, or some type of physical activity. You will meet like minded people, reduce stress and have fun.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000