Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Maintaining Energy Balance
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  10:49:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing semen retention for a while now and I have noticed a few things that lead me to beleive that my internal energy is becoming unbalanced when I do not ejaculate for a long time.

My face gets flush and I feel large amounts of prana rush from one part of my body to another. When things happen that upset me, I sometimes way over-react and then have trouble getting myself calmed down again. Sometimes my mind will kick into high gear and I will think, think, think incessantly until I sit down to meditate and then as soon as I direct myself to relax it feels like I turn to jello and everything slows way down. It is almost as if any little thing that I turn my attention to becomes super charged. If it is thinking then my thinking is highly charged. If it is relaxing then I relax immediately and deeply. Last night my thoughts drifted to sex and my groin suddenly felt like it was going to explode if I did not ejaculate right now.

I obviously have a lot of energy inside of me. From what I have read of Mantak Chias's books this is yang energy. If I ejaculated it would be depleted and I would come back into a more comfortable state of balance, but then I would lose the energy. It seems more beneficial that I need to find a way to convert some of this to yin energy and restore balance.

The obvious Tantric solution is to have loving sex with my wife to exchange energy. However, due to health problems my wife has not been sexually available for a few months so I do not get opportunities to exchange energy with her very often.

Does anyone have tips on how to deal with all of this yang sexual charge? I exercise, and that helps, but the eneregy builds up again quickly.

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  1:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louie,

I decided to observe brahmacharia some years ago, and I did so very eagerly for some 1.5 years. I had practically no ejaculations at all. Now I have problems with accumulated energy over long time and had to stop practicing. It's not only because the brahmacharia obviously, I practiced a lot too, but really I learned to enjoy an ejaculation now and then. Every week, two weeks, or month seems to work well, from the point of view of a young yogi who forced himself into full brahmacharia a little too early on.

Just my 2 cents...
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  3:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Louie, what is a "long time" for you? A week, a month? This varies a lot with individuals but Ayurveda does say that we have a cycle. According to Ayurveda the full cycle of shukra dhatu (semen) is 35 days, therefore Ayurveda suggests not depleting yourself more often than every 35 days. That can understandably be difficult for most men but it seems to work for me as it takes about a week to feel recharged, and then I can enjoy a month of full energy. I too have felt that going extended times tends to create excessive yang energy where the flow of prana begins to feel backed up, uncomfortable, frustrating. My personal rule of thumb is that if it has been more than a month I don't struggle with it but let it go, especially if I have a restful weekend ahead of me.
Go to Top of Page

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  12:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice guys.

On one hand I am trying hard to NOT make this a goal oriented thing. I do not want it to become an exercise in how long can I go without ejaculating. I do not want to be fighting my body.

On the other hand, I would like to be able to train my nervous system to carry more energy for longer periods of time. Thus, I think one ejaculation every 35 days is a good level to shoot for long term. It might take me some time to get there.

I am going to try reducing my salt and meat intake. I have read that too much of these things can increase the urge to ejaculate. I am also going to drink more water and reduce my caffeine intake.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000