Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 tantra progress because of DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickyryuxx

France
9 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  09:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
I practice tantra with AYP techniques (learned in Chiron's topics) for 1 year now. (+ a normal AYP routine)
Those techniques are really good to raise sexual sensations into the body. I had automatic yoga (jalandara etc...), better sexuality.
But progress were slow.

Now I discover that a serious DM session boosts my tantra progress much more than tantra practice itself.

Now Im asking what the point of doing tantra if other techniques like DM is better? It is like I lost so much time!

Another question: for 3 months I have heart palpitations when I raise my sexual energy along the spine, is this related to a future heart opening? Did anyone experience this?

Edited by - nickyryuxx on Dec 23 2011 09:35:20 AM

Louie

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2011 :  09:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not think that you should abandon tantra in favour of DM. They are both incredibly useful and the combination of practices will help to purify your nervous system far faster than any one practice can do alone.

Like many peole, my introduction to yoga practices came through the asanas. I started doing asana practice every night to help me relax and sleep better. I did it every single day without exception for three years before I added any other practices.

Eventually I added meditation and it greatly accelerated my growth. However, I continued doing asana practice as well. As I got better at meditation I found that the asnanas became tremendously better as well. Poses that I had always struggled with suddenly became easy.

Last sping I tried adding tantra to the mix but it did not work very well. My nervous system was not ready to handle large amounts of sexual energy yet. Recently I decided to have another go with it and it is going much smoother this time. In fact, as I conserve sexual energy in the body, I can feel that the asanas are improving again, and my meditations are becoming deeper and more relaxing.

All of these practices build on each other. I think meditation is the most important one, but meditation alone will only get you so far. You need to have a practice that is balanced.

My personal daily practice is 15 minutes of asana followed by 30-40 minutes of meditation. If I want to cultivate non-orgasmic sexual energy then I will include that in my meditation time. I can self stimulate while keeping my mind relaxed in meditation, however, I always maintain at least 20 minutes for pure deep meditation.

You just have to find a way to balance the practices within the time that you have. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  08:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In AYP the core practice is DM (followed by other practices like SPB, Samyama etc). As written in the tantra book, by Yogani, he does not recommend to drop the regular core practices like DM because one engages in tantric sex.
So I would recommend you to start building a daily practice routine. Be cautious about not aqdding too much in a short amount of time. I am sure your tantric experience will grow as you keep practicing your daily yoga routine.
I surely would not say you have wasted your time with tantric sex. You just went another route. Now you have the power and knowldge to enhance your spiritual practice. :)
wish you the best
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2011 :  11:48:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nickyryuxx,

The heart naturally beats much stronger during sexual excitement. I've experienced very fast strong heartbeat, heart flutterings, and heart spinnings when energy is rising. All of this I feel in a good way and I am not concerned with it. At one point I did have a massive energy flow out through the heart during an opening. But it subsequently closed back up, so to speak. Nevertheless it is one part of a long term opening that is happening. My heart is very closed off (broken too many times) and I sense that there will eventually be another big energy burst to bust through those blockages. It's certainly possible that you are similarly sensing a blockage and future opening.

For DM vs Tantra, why choose one or the other? Keep doing both. Sometimes one will seem more effective than the other. Sometimes vice versa.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000