AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Electricity in right palm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  2:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi I was wondering if someone can explain the intense electricity I am experiencing in the temple....What is its purpose? What am to do?I don't know much about yoga.....everything started to happen naturally I don't know any type of yoga exercises.....

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  3:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the temple or in the palm?

We naturally have a lot of deep power. Sometimes it moves around and gives us a "buzz". So long as it's not a medical issue, it's not anything to worry about.

If you're curious to learn more, Advanced Yoga Practices are (in part) a great, simple means for cultivating and channeling this energy. I'd suggest reading the lessons, starting here: http://www.aypsite.org/10.html
it's all totally free.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Apr 27 2006 11:09:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  3:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP, nsantoo. If it's the right palm, I've had the same thing all my life. It has never bothered me, but if yours is painful or worrisome, then I agree with Jim that reading the lessons will shed some light.

Edited by - Manipura on Apr 27 2006 4:30:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  4:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Nsantoo. Meg and Jim have already given very good answers. I hope the lessons will help you.
-Shanti

Edited by - Shanti on Apr 27 2006 4:48:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  6:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Nsantoo the last two posts say it all try the meditation it works

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2006 :  10:46:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Nsantoo!

I'm happy to see you got signed up in the forum okay. The answers given already are the same I would have given. It will be all for the good as you move into practices for purifying and opening from within. Then you will become even more a channel for the divine flow.

AYP is an open source integration of the world's most effective spiritual practices and can be useful for self-directed practitioners. Just follow the lessons from the beginning as the others have suggested.

It should also be added that sensations of energy moving, of which there are many kinds, are the "friction" of energy passing through still not fully purified parts of our spiritual neurobiology. As inner purification advances over time, then the energy sensations will become less, even as the energy flows become much greater.

This growth is dependent primarily on the cultivation of unbounded inner silence via deep meditation and related methods, and also the cultivation of body-wide ecstatic conductivity through spinal breathing pranayama and related methods. These two, inner silence and ecstatic conductivity, join to become the full flowering of divine love flowing through us. What you are experiencing now is a small taste of this.

It is also possible for devotion/bhakti (in the temple environment you mentioned in your previous email) to bring on the kind of symptoms you are experiencing.

And, of course, the gifts we have in this life have been cultivated in times long before our current recollection. You are picking up where you left off.

I wish you all the best on your chosen path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000