Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 more whinning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2011 :  11:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Some sessions are still extremely hard to sit through. My mind is all over the place. I can't stay on the "Iam" for more than a minute or so. I also start feeling heat from my neck down to my upper stomach and I start sweating. I'm pressing on but sometimes the meditation is a gift sometimes it's be-atch. Sorry bout all the complaining.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  01:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sounds that good purifications is happening, the sweating and even the mind wandering everywhere....just gently favor the mantra...i know it is hard,who said that yoga is a peace of cake? you are purifying and opening your system so you will face many obstructions in your neurobiology that is for sure...bear with it for everything passes...and do not judge your meditation session ...just do your practice...also pressing on a bit is good but if it is too much, too much uneasiness than reduce your sitting time, no problem in that....if the next session is more comfortable you do your usual time ...if it is still too uncomfortable then self pacing is needed...
all the best

Edited by - maheswari on Nov 21 2011 12:26:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  03:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, it is often assumed that the moment we start meditation is the moment we experienced pure peace and relaxation. Well for some that is possible, for most it is a difficult path, with many doubts, confusions and discomforts.

When you first start digging the well the excersise can be tough, there are many rocks to move away and the ground can seem hard and unyielding. If this is your first crack at meditation then lack of use will really show.

All the symptoms are the result of your early labours, your moving some big rocks, things will smooth out in time.

If you are feeling it is getting too much then self pace, cut down the workload to a more manageable level until you are more comfortable and then increase as necessary.

It's not a race, the timescales can be over many years, it's the starting that counts, the rest will come in time.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  09:04:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lmaher22,

The advice above is excellent, but if your mind is really busy it is often hard to let go. If you are looking for something to try sometime... Instead of your normal session, sometime put on your headphones and "just listen" to some relaxing music. As you just listen, the mind quiets, and you might even notice the music getting louder.

Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2011 :  9:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all and to be truthful there has been some personality improvement, so I know it's not all for nothing. I was also reading some books by some very advanced people and I guess I was feeling jealous. I think I just needed encouragement. I got that and more so...
Thanks again.
L
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000