Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Veil lifted.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  10:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
All I can remember about my childhood was that it was sad. Few really bad things happened that left me a very sad and confused child growing up. These days during meditation I get glimpses of my childhood.. just feelings and images.. eating ice cream on a ferry in Hong Kong, feeding the pigeons at Trafalgar Square, the flowers the beautiful flowers, colors, fragrance at Kew gardens, the smell of wood stove at my grandma's house in Calcutta, the taste of fresh made candy at my grandma's house, the first and only Christmas gift I ever got.. These fill my heart with pure joy for a few mins. I realize, my childhood was not all bad.. few things happened that put a veil on all the good that was there... with meditation it is like this veil is lifted and I can see the "good" again..

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  11:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti - I think our souls were separated at birth. :) I too am of the melancholy bent, and love its bitterweetness. When my veil lifts, what I see are events of the past which bear no great significance; but that it was always I who colored them one way or another.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2006 :  12:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Meg. That was beautiful. I hesitated to post this.. is was so silly.. but you know..
quote:
I think our souls were separated at birth.

Guess our souls may meet in fall..

Edited by - Shanti on Apr 23 2006 10:13:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  5:28:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,

Thanks for sharing. That definitely shows the power meditation has to reframe reality.

-Kyle
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000