Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 why is it written like that in graveyard I wonder.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  09:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,

When I went to india I went for funeral of one my relative to a hindu graveyard.I for the first time when i entered noticed instead of getting scared I was at peace I wonder why and I saw it was written in the graveyard where they burn the body that 'This is the Place Where Siddhars Lives" i dont know the exact translation but when done in hindi its "Ye siddar ka bhoomi hai" something like that. When I went and sat on the steps with others I somehow felt at peace I still ponder abut that.

Love N Light
Viji

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  10:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that resonates with my experience of being with those who "rest in peace." There is a "peace surpassing understanding."

Edited by - bewell on Oct 18 2011 10:23:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  11:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a hindu, and I have heard about it a lot of times from people in our soceity (not only those having spiritual interest). Attending a funeral where the dead body of the close one is offered back to the five elements through burning, cultivates a profound realisation about life and death cycle, and an unmatched sense of detachment - which has a particular name - 'shamshan vairagya'. Shamshan/shmashan is the burning place, and vairagya means detachment.

Just to be sure that we are talking about the same thing, is it technically a 'graveyard'? because there is no 'grave' as per hindu rituals (except some rare exception).

This vairagya was recognized and sought for by yogis following certain methods. And there are lots of cases when such yogis sarted residing in such shamshan or very close to it.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  11:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi dawn yeah I meant the shamshan or the burial ground or whatever one calls where they burn the dead bodies..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000