Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 miracles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carmine11

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  9:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is anyone floating off the ground or walking on water?

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  03:02:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
are you?
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  04:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol I know a couple of AYP friends whom I instruct and to whom floating off the ground has happened once while meditating but they could be hallucinating all the same. We all agree on that.

This stuff is fun when it happens and it's good to report it so that we may enjoy the scent of the mystic but overall it doesn't really matter.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  07:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by carmine11

Not literally but at times sometimes it sure feels like it
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  08:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't done those miracles.

But I did make every phone, all over the world, ring at the same time.

Also, I am omniscient - I know right now that you are sitting at your computer reading this. Pretty amazing, eh?

Edited by - woosa on Sep 04 2011 08:31:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  08:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Carmine,

I see this is your first post here. Welcome to the AYP Forum! The main thing we do here is promote the practice of particular yoga meditative and breathing techniques. If you you like to explore our practices, please take a look at the Key Lessons on the left of your screen.

Namaste,

Be
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  11:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

But I did make every phone, all over the world, ring at the same time.

LOL woosa...
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  11:18:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
woosa, that is definately some good omniscience I wish I could do that too

I can't do any siddhis (miracles/powers) but sometimes I see auras and a few days ago I was going to close the fridge door which was open and reaching to close it it closed by itself with me not touching it...... next time i'll get it

Edited by - Yonatan on Sep 04 2011 11:28:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kitchen fitter turned up on time. Bonus
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  11:30:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  12:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carmine

Psychic powers were something that attracted me to start meditating in the first place. Believe it or not, I actually subjected myself to sitting in a circle of people, waiting to converse with the dead, in a Spiritualist church - but in conclusion all I heard was a tap drip and old people fart.

Meditating is the way to go. So, as bewell said, start at the beginning!

I do have a magic power though, as everyone I meet always come to the same conclusion: I'm a right sarcastic, immature idiot . Now that's a miracle!

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1538 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  04:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Carmine,

Welcome. If this is your very first step into asking questions about meditation and yoga, I almost envy you. It is the most exciting /powerful journey I've ever undertaken.. a journey into my inner self and the first steps are always the most exciting. Like Bewell says please do take some time and start with reading the lessons.

Everyone is goofing around and laughing here because "powers & miracles" is not what AYP is all about.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  04:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i always thought that Jesus walking on water was cool
...neverthless these things are not the aim
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  06:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Carmine,

I am sorry if anything I said sounded like I'm laughing at what you were asking, the thing with the fridge door did happen though, and many other things can happen when one is on a spiritual path, but for me those things happen not on my command, and if I try to do them from my own willpower sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't happen at all, it is not my will, or "want" that makes these things happen, but sometimes I know I "have to do something" and a really nice "miracle" happens, and it might not have even been my intention to create the "miracle".

So as others said, the miracles that might happen when on a spiritual path are nice and "cool" when they happen, and the first times that they do seem like an awesome and unfamiliar thing, but the miracles are not what Yoga is ultimately for. They are byproducts of inner progress on the path, and they might appear to some and not at all to others. So it might not be wise to look for them.

Here we call the nice happenings on the path "scenery". When/if they happen we enjoy them while they last and then go on

All the best!!

Yonatan
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2011 :  09:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Carmine and welcome to the AYP Forums.

I haven't experienced levitation or walking on water, but I did get clean from methadone in 10 weeks without withdrawals. To me, that's a thousand times more miraculous then walking on water.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  01:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

The greatest miracle is you think you are separate from air, ground and water.

Are you telling me I can dodge bullets?

No Neo. I'm telling you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

[The Matrix]

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000