Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 see you guys after Labor Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  01:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello my dears,
Just a note to let you know Hawk and I are leaving tomorrow to drive up to NY to spend a week with my teacher, Mark Whitwell, at a Heart of Yoga retreat at Omega Institute. We will be taking an inland route (I-81) and plan to easily race Irene and arrive in NY and get settled a day before she strikes. We were planning to camp in tents - LOL! - but the people at Omega kindly offered to upgrade us to a room indoors at no extra charge. Will be back in touch when we return. All my love.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  08:53:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have a safe trip Jamie.

Your retreat will sure stir up a storm.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2011 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Travel safely Jamie.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  8:53:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Omega Inst. Not far from me. Some great programs and guests. Knock em dead.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  02:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My dears,
The retreat with Mark Whitwell was totally awesome! We had a great trip despite at one point being trapped by rising flood waters just 8 miles from Omega in about a 1-mile square area in a podunk town, where there just happened to be a tiny motel with a room available, the day before the retreat began. We had food and wine in the car and had a party and lots of great tantric sex. Another Omega student was trapped at the same motel and needed a ride, and the next morning we drove with her to Omega. There was no alcohol to be had at Omega or anywhere nearby so we were in rehab, like it or not. On the first day Mark asked about our purpose in being there, what he could do for each of us, and I told him I had 2 purposes: one, to receive his blessing as a Heart of Yoga teacher, and two, for my partner Hawk's yoga practice "because if you tell him the same things as I have, he will LISTEN to YOU." I told Mark there was nothing more he could do for me personally as he had already given me heaven back in May when my reality changed as a result of applying Krishnamacharya's principles to my yoga practice. He smiled and said, "ok, so you want to be in charge of Florida? and I will do whatever I can for Hawk." He proceeded to interview Hawk. The next day after further interrogation and observing our yoga practice he accepted me as a Heart of Yoga teacher and said, "You are just here for the meeting, you already have the teaching." We connected on a very deep level and he and Hawk also hit it off really well and there was some male bonding happening. There was only 1 other male student, Simon, a long-time student of Mark's - the other 9 students were yoginis, and all quite advanced. I was very impressed that Hawk managed to keep up with everyone despite his fairly minimal yoga experience (other than tantric). Mark told him, "You are a natural yogi." Hawk said, "I don't think of myself as a yogi." Mark replied, "You must be, or you wouldn't be with her!" He looked him in the eye and asked, "Will you do your yoga practice every day?" and Hawk said "yes." Well, I hope that he keeps his word but I have been told not to badger him about it. Anyway, the retreat was beyond fabulous and the food was great, too - 3 meals a day, gourmet vegetarian food, buffet style, all you can eat. The other people in the retreat were very dear and the sangha was precious. The drive home was interesting; I felt comfortable driving in California, I used to drive between L.A. and S.F. in 4 hours (that's 360 miles @ 90 m.p.h.) but the traffic on I-81 scared the sh*t out of me due to the lack of any pattern and the number of semis and everybody riding your bumper at 90 m.p.h. weaving in and out of traffic. I had white knuckles on the steering wheel and Hawk eventually took over. While he drove I did lots of chanting "Yeshua, Krishna" as the physics of it seemed reasonably likely that we might die and I wanted to be in the right space, and I got even more high than I already was from the retreat. My feeling of "I am in Love" evolved into "I AM love." We kept seeing signs for "Cracker Barrel" which we assumed was a cheese shop, so we stopped there for a break. The store had lots of rocking chairs, bric-a-brac and figurines and stuff, as well as maple syrup and various candies, but I did not see any cheese. Finally a lady asked if we were finding everything ok and I asked, "Where is the cheese?" and she said, "I'm sorry, we don't sell cheese here," and I got to ask the question I have always wanted to ask, in my Monty Python voice, "IS this a CHEESE shop?!" and she said, "No, it isn't." ?! LOL. The next tropical storm was hitting just as we arrived home. We had been discussing numerology and the Trinity which is in Christianity, Hinduism and Wicca, and as we pulled into the driveway the odometer read 3000.3. And then Hawk made love to me for 2 hours, having just driven 13 hours and it was quite late (5-hour energy drink). I was apparently mistaken about Mark not being able to do anything more for me because to my amazement my Bliss has expanded and filled up with even more Ecstasy than I thought possible and my yoga practice has deepened even more. But now that we are home, back in the so-called "real world" of work and bills, child support, IRS and legal matters, and abundant alcohol, I pray that Hawk will keep his promise to Mark and continue with his daily yoga practice, which I think is our only hope. Otherwise I may return to celibacy despite the great love between us.

Edited by - Radharani on Sep 20 2011 02:03:43 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000