AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Awakening of Kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knowsoul

13 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  09:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been doing meditation for couple of weeks.
I would like to share my experience with you all.
One day suddenly I have started Meditation to know where my soul is becoz I wanted to know the absolute soul
(Atma and Paramatma).
I have been reading in many books saying "God is in you".So this puzzled me to do meditation with out any knowledge.On the fourth day I went on and on for 40 minutes in meditation experiencing some scenes and suddenly I hit one white wall nothing but light.I had some kind of happiness I never felt in my life before and after that I slept.Next day I have started doing the same in the morning,afternoon and night before going to bed.I was looking
for the same expereince to be happen but it did not.and I was confused and worried and discussed with one of my friend and she told be about her brother doing so I approched him ( he is a member of AYP)and I told him everything and he told me whatever I have experienced is nothing but kundalini activation and asked me to read the lessons in AYP site.
But I was more worried after knowing this becoz my sleep got disturbed ( unable to sleep whole night )and was scared to continue.
I got mail from Yogani saying to do meditation only for 10 minutes .
Then after two days stared doing for 10 minutes then slowly increased the time and started Spinal breathing pranayama as well.

Agin after one week of this, one day while doing meditation I felt some shaking in mooladhara and suddenly my ears,throat,body everything started moving towards my heart at a same time.suddenly opened my eyes and realised I was in meditation for 18 minutes.
and that night I could not sleep at all.Hardly I slept in the morning for 1 1/2 hrs.when i close my eyes I feel like am going into meditation that keeps me worried so I have completely stopped doing meditation though I like .
I have some question ,
1-Is it possible to activate kundalini shakti in four days whatever I have experienced is nothing but Kundalini?
2-Do we have sleep disorders or Lack of concentration when activated ?
3-Does It depends on the pastlives?

Has anyone gone through anything similar? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you,

Tulasi

Edited by - knowsoul on Aug 24 2011 7:05:50 PM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2011 :  8:11:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tulasi

Well from what you have told me you sound like you are a sensitive meditator.

Stick with doing the 10 minutes of meditation twice a day until your daily life is comfortable. I believe you added spinal breathing too early. I know you have a strong desire to get on with your practices, but that can also be a problem because you can run into problems and as a result have to stop practicing for a while.

The white light etc is all scenery and you may come across a lot of it as you practice. Or none at all. Either way it doesn't matter.

From any experience you have do not grasp and wish for it again. Imagine eating the most delicious meal in your whole life. Do you not eat again because you don't want to forget how good that last meal tasted? I doubt it, it wouldn't do you any good!

So, anything you experience can be appreciated after your meditation session, but not for long. There is not point analysing. Just keep practicing.

Practices can mess up with your sleep pattern - I know I haven't been able to sleep until late at night for a couple of weeks. That is a sure sign you are overdoing your practices and need to reduce them. Having less sleep will affect the quality of your meditation, and you don't want that!

It sure sounds like you have activated your kundalini. But I wouldn't get bogged down with analysing it. Just keep practicing!

And with regards with past lives I wouldn't know and I don't believe in such things until I experience that myself. Don't know how I would be able to... but who cares when we start thinking technical things like that your mind will never stop and I doubt you will get much further!

So in nutshell practice deep meditation for 10 minutes twice a day and see how you go.

Take care
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  09:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tulasi,

Welcome to the AYP forums.
Woosa (as always ) has given you great advice.

For now, I would suggest to cut back or stop practices for a bit and ground. Eat heavier foods. Go out with friends. Walk a lot. Dig in a garden. Exercise. Do lots of mindless physical activity to ground the energy. Keep your mind off the energy. Don't think too much about the experiences you are having. Stay busy. The more you keep you mind off this, the sooner it will go away.

Then once you feel stable... start with 10 min deep meditation once a day. If you feel it is too much, then do just breath meditation for a bit.

Take a look at this lesson and see if it helps:
Lesson 367 – Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

knowsoul

13 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  10:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your responses Woosa and Shati.
I was reading in one of the Forum that says should drop other practices(spiritual) in case of sensitive to meditation .Actually after meditation I listen to devotional songs even this should be avoded?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  10:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Tulasi

Actually after meditation I listen to devotional songs even this should be avoded?

Thank you

Yes, for a little bit Tulasi.
Till things normalize a bit.

Anything that will increase your bhakti can make the energy go high and cause the sleeplessness, discomforts, etc. So for a few days, stay away from devotional songs and books... do ordinary everyday things that will keep you busy. This does not have to be done for long, just for a few days.

Then when you are sleeping normally again, you can go back to listening to devotional songs etc., but for practices, start very slowly... 10 min meditation once a day... it that is OK, the do 10 min meditation twice a day. The second meditation do it in the afternoon, not close to bed time. Then if that is stable, increase time. Like that, slowly build up on practices.

I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  5:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh dear Shanti. You are making me sound like a smart arse!

Edited by - woosa on Aug 25 2011 6:08:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  8:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

Oh dear Shanti. You are making me sound like a smart arse!

Hey when you are good... you are good... might as well accept it and move on... don't dwell on it... don't stay caught up in the scenary... just take it in stride and keep going.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2011 :  8:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tulasi,

It is important not to give up easily.

Not everyone gets such beautiful experiences (even though it is scenery) and that is a sign for you that you are made for this. Infact all of us made for realizing our true nature.

Take time off to get back to normal and then self-pace and try everything you can to stick to practice (with safety). Even 5 minutes is fine too. It is important to keep the habit of daily practice. Definitely back off when you see negative effects but at the same time dont give up everything.

So balance both safety and practice but dont give up practice altogether or think that you are not made for this.

- Near (Your friend's brother )
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  12:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

On the fourth day I went on and on for 40 minutes in meditation experiencing some scenes and suddenly I hit one white wall nothing but light.I had some kind of happiness I never felt in my life before and after that I slept.

Hi Tulasi, :)
I too have hit that wall of white light and extreme bliss a few times now. I experienced a joy beyond anything I've seen in 'normal' life. It is like, all of a sudden, everything disappears and you are submerged in this bright white light, it feels so good, so blissful you don't want to leave. It is just incredible. I usually can't stay there very long.

quote:

Next day I have started doing the same in the morning,afternoon and night before going to bed.I was looking
for the same expereince to be happen but it did not.and I was confused and worried and ...

The way I believe it works is this. There are different levels of consciousness, and one of those levels is the that state of white light and immense joy. It is one of the stages of consciousness that one goes through when one dies, according to the Dalai Lama.
When you are successful in letting go of your normal every day conciousness, you naturally go to one of the higher states of consciousness. Periodically, you might end up in that white light state.
However, striving for it, trying to reproduce the state is counter-productive, because the 'trying' keeps you grounded in normal consciousness. And what you have to do is transcend your normal consciousness by letting go or letting be. Even if you get too excited, it won't work.

The good news is this. The white light state is always there. As you meditate more and more, sometimes you will see it. It is easiest to see the light through one of the chakras. Or, if you continue with mantra repetition, gradually you will dig a hole that will reveal the light at a deeper level. That is what has happened to me.

quote:

But I was more worried after knowing this becoz my sleep got disturbed ( unable to sleep whole night )and was scared to continue.

As you get into the higher states of consciousness, there is more energy and power. Dipping into a higher state of consciousness (like you did) charges the mind. Just a split second deep dip can make you feel like you've drunk 10 cups of coffee. This is normal. Many teachings tell you that a deep meditation is like getting 3 to 6 hours sleep, depending on how deep you go.

quote:

Agin after one week of this, one day while doing meditation I felt some shaking in mooladhara and suddenly my ears,throat,body everything started moving towards my heart at a same time.suddenly opened my eyes and realised I was in meditation for 18 minutes.

This motion of moving towards the heart is what happens when the mind shuts off. It dissolves back into the source. The Buddhists say that "you" live in the indestructible white drop in the heart. When the mind and all the senses shut down, they dissolve into the central channel and flow back down into the heart. It feels like you are taking an elevator back down to your self, your true self. You've probably experienced that falling sensation at the end of your dreams, normally. It is nothing to be afraid of.

I think you are gifted. Have you ever had any dreams of being a yogi in a previous life or two?

You remind me of me.

Good luck with everything!

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

knowsoul

13 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  05:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near ,
Iam glad to see your post.
Surely I will start as am back to normal...Lesson 367 gave me a lot of confidence.
Thanks for your encouraging comments(as usual)

-Tulasi
Go to Top of Page

knowsoul

13 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2011 :  05:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice,

Thanks a lot for explaining bit by bit wonderful.
Its glad to know that you had the same experiences as me.
I have some questions-
Your sleep patterns were normal after the practice?
Have you reduced the time after such experiences?
Are you using the same mantra or concentrating on breath(as mentioned in Lesson-367)
Thanks once again.

Tulasi
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  12:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Tibetan Ice,
Thanks a lot for explaining bit by bit wonderful.
Its glad to know that you had the same experiences as me.
I have some questions-
Your sleep patterns were normal after the practice?
Have you reduced the time after such experiences?

Hi Tulasi, :)
My sleep patterns were normal when I started meditating at least twice a day, four years ago.

But every now and then since then, sometimes I would either overdo something, experience a great kundalini surge or go very deep and then I would have trouble sleeping.

My sleep patterns haven't been that normal, especially recently.

Usually, for my standard practices, I try to do them early in the day, once before lunch and once before supper. Doing them early in the day lets me dissipate any energy that builds up. Also, heavy food is a good way for me to ground some of the excess energy. Going for walks also helps.

That said, sometimes I sit for practices three or four times a day, like lately since I am on holidays. And, yes, on some nights I don't sleep at all. But just to clarify, my body sleeps, and "I" watch it sleep (and listen to it snore!). But usually, I still feel pretty good the next day, and if I don't the morning meditation usually fixes me up.

Yes, if I overdo it, and I spend too many sleepless nights, I cut back on my practices or length of practices. But sometimes cutting back doesn't help. Sometimes, if the conditions are right, if I focus on the third eye for even 1 minute, I will get a surge of energy from the root up the spine and then I will spend the rest of the day and some of the night feeling internally sun burnt, hot and tingly and hyper.. So it matters how effective your practices are.

quote:

Are you using the same mantra or concentrating on breath(as mentioned in Lesson-367)
Thanks once again.

Tulasi

I used the "i am" mantra for 4 years, twice a day, but I didn't have the proper technique. I tried too hard and really focused on it. And I would visualize the mantra and stretch it out. It wasn't until I realized that just by intuiting or simply 'thinking the mantra' on the same level as the other thoughts that were occuring, that I started to see the white light and feel the bliss. Using mantra meditation, I dip into the light for short periods of time. Recently, I am getting two or three dips per session. I also have other mantras that I use differently. I am probably not a good example of someone who does just one thing.

I also do do breath meditation, but not just simply watching the breath. I do anapanasati, as recommended by Buddha. It is similar to "sensing the inner body" by Eckart Tolle. In that practice, the watching of the breath is secondary. You only watch the breath to know "I am breathing quickly", or "I am breathing slowly", or "I am breathing short breaths" or "I am breathing long breaths" etc. The main focus is really on the sensations in the body, to relax and feel the life force and just let go, and to understand the connection between bodily sensations, the breath and thoughts and develop equanimity towards them.

Also, in some Buddhist books on watching the breath, you are supposed to watch the breath until you can sustain a continous stream of attention on the breath. Once that happens, you go on to the next step, which is when lights or visions (nimittas) appear, and if they don't appear, then you pick a pleasant sensation in the body and then focus on that. Then, you keep your attention on the nimitta or that pleasant sensation. Doing so will propel you into a state of samadhi known as the jhanas.

In AYP there is no mention of what you are supposed to do after you can sustain attention on the breath indefinately.

AYP is more geared towards mantra repetition. The main staples are the Deep Meditation and the Spinal Breathing. And, if done correctly, they are very powerful in their own right.

I believe Yogani may be concerned about you having a premature kundalini rising, which is why he suggested that you cut your meditation time down to 10 minutes.

If you are concerned about kundalini, I would suggest just sticking to meditation for now until you stabilize. I have never read any stories about TM or Deep Meditation causing a kundalini awakening on their own (although it is possible). That style of meditation is for dipping into the higher states of consciousness. However, the spinal breathing, especially with the bhandas could awaken kundalini if it is not already awake.

It is good that you inquire and learn as much about meditation techniques and kundalini as you can.

Do you have any previous experience with meditation?
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
Have you read many books?
Do you do any yoga or similar activities?

God Bless you and keep you safe.

:)
TI

Go to Top of Page

knowsoul

13 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  7:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice,

Thanks for your post and sharing your experiences.

-Do you have any previous experience with meditation?
I have practiced yoga 6 years ago for a while and discontinued.
Again I have started meditation a month back as mentioned.

-Have you read many books?
I read few books and continuing it again.

Thanks
Tulasi
Go to Top of Page

merline

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2011 :  4:31:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like a bit of advice please. i'm new to all of this but when i googled what's going on with me i found kundalini was the recurring theme.
i have the rash. it started just over two weeks ago on my forehead but rapidly spread down my neck and across my chest. Now my whole torso is completely covered and it's spreading down my arms and legs, to my wrist today! i was going into lectures last Monday when someone said to me - 'there are pregnant women in there'. this upset me greatly. it doesn't hurt but is most unsightly and i feel it at night when the sensations across my skin can wake me.
I hear very high pitched frequencies in my ears all the time, but sometimes the frequency can change in an instant. i feel also that there is something moving up my spine, slightly on the left.
When I was in the lecture hall i kept drifting off although i'd had a full eight hours sleep, i couldn't keep my eyes open. I felt that there was someone next to me whispering to me, I was just about to learn something but as i realised this i woke and didn't respond. three times this happened. the woman was sitting first to my left, then right, then slightly in front of me to my left; she had long dark hair, but I was actually sitting alone.
i get into my car to go home, but then i feel like i'm drifting off and have to wait until reality comes back plus i can't keep my eyes open when i have a few minutes to spare; tired or not.
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2011 :  11:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Merline

It sounds like something has awoken! You are in the right place: there are many people here who have came to AYP with energy symptoms.

I would suggest that lesson 69 ( hee hee) would be a great help.

I have had ringing in the ears for quite some time now and it comes and goes.

This search on 'rash' and this topic might be of some help. The Freaking Rash Will Live On After I Am Dead

I know what you mean about falling asleep in lectures, although I was just bored. The voice and presence you felt could be just the phenomenon of what happens when you are bordering on the sleep state. I used to experiment with that quite a bit and I saw heard all sorts of weird things.

All the best!

Edited by - woosa on Oct 03 2011 4:42:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

knowsoul

13 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  05:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste,
**Name chage from Tulasi to Knowsoul**
Sharing my experiences once again.
Now a days doing SB for a minute (5 times Breathin and out) and DM for 10 to 20 minutes.
Recently I had visions during DM and rolling of eyes upwards and tongue touching my palate.This continued for a week and was enjoying my practices.
But since from one week especially in the evenings my heartbeat increases suddenly and I could feel my heartbeat when I close my eyes just heartbeat nothing else for few seconds and sometimes intense chest pressure.
Here comes selfpase.So have decided to cutdown SB and reduced DM 5 to 10 minutes and now am back to normal no more discomforts
I am experiencing these kind of issues only when SB is added to my practices.why is this happening as Iam just doing it for a minute not more than that and taking rest after practices
One more thing actally on weekdays I do DM once and weekends twice,is this matters?
Please advice.

-Knowsoul
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4383 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  06:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Knowsoul,

That's quite normal. Once the kundalini becomes active you do not need to be doing much to bring yourself over the edge. Even a few minutes, or even breaths of Spinal Breathing may be too much. It sounds like you are self pacing to the right level if you are getting no discomfort.

It doesn't matter at all that you are practising twice a day at weekends and once during the week. Whatever you have time for is fine.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000