New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  04:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Piruz,
The energy climbs up the "front-side" for me as well. It's cool. It also "drains" down like a laundry chute which clears my head.

Take care,
Lori

How does it drain down and what does this draining down feel like and is it brought about by grounding and if it than which type exactly?
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  04:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

quote:
Originally posted by Piruz

Also (and please bare with my I know how annoying I can be) how would you like me to get back to my practice? Lotus position? I'm told lotus position isn't good for grounding. Lotus is how I've been meditating for years, and I've been practicing 4 days a week one hour a day.

Ahh, now that is your problem.

Lotus can be powerful so no.

1 hour a day is a long time.

Cut back to 15/20 minutes a day, just sit cross legged in bed. Once things smooth out, do that twice a day.

You want me to do lotus position 15 minutes a day? Thought lotus was too strong? Also isn't the best meditation position supposed to be on a case-by-case basis? I mean surly someone with blockages in the back is not advised to practice the same way (or at the same pace as) someone with blockages at the front is supposed to, right?

See this is what's making me crazy! I'm almost certain that a "holistic grounding solution" for all kinds (and regions) of blockages doesn't exist and it's why I'm dying to get some advise on my specific case.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  07:27:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
You want me to do lotus position 15 minutes a day? Thought lotus was too strong? Also isn't the best meditation position supposed to be on a case-by-case basis? I mean surly someone with blockages in the back is not advised to practice the same way (or at the same pace as) someone with blockages at the front is supposed to, right?

No, Jonesboy is saying do not do lotus (feet atop of thighs with crossed legs) and simply sit cross-legged, feet off of thighs. You can also just sit upright in a chair without crossed legs. Jonesboy is saying only meditate for 15-20 minutes maximum, not an hour. Please read through the free AYP lessons (https://www.aypsite.org/10.html). There are over 400, and you will understand everything about silence and energy there, and how the interior mechanics work.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  09:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

quote:

Hey Tom,
"If you can find a real guru, he can provide that extra space for someone like you or Piruz to let the obstructions go. To make the process smoother."

That's not my experience. I know it is yours and a couple of others that's why I mentioned it.

I believe you did experience exactly that. Did you not find extra space to drop issues when you were caught up? I can remember a few times when it helped with you.

Not in the long term. I'm not sure anything was really dropped. Do appreciate your willingness to help.
P.S. Tom is not my guru.

Dropping obstructions is not always easy, fast or readily apparent. Sometimes it is just about easing things when someone is upset, helping to calm/silence the mind.

No, I'm not your guru, just a friend who I hope you know is always here for you. Someone you can always hug if in need.

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  11:42:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not the least bit upset, Piruz, and I would love to help. I've already tried very hard, via all my best stuff. None of it has landed. We're actually going backwards.

You are looking for something, and your bhakti will not accept anything but that thing. This is the strong bhakti that brought you to this point. You will one day view it as a feature rather than a bug....while paradoxically detaching yourself from its vise-like obsessions.

That won't happen by indulging fiery brash impulses; it will happen by immersing and dilating in the wordly world while maintaining a meditation practice like AYP. Restore balance via cool still silence rather than via hot fire. Cool the heavenly fire with worldly cool water. Watch Bugs Bunny. Learn French. Wait in line at Costco. All while committing to a good meditation practice (again, I suggest AYP).

That's my advice, which I've now repeated to the point of obnoxiousness. For now, you are unable hear it (it's not a character flaw; it's inherent to your current imbalance). You want someone to say the thing that you want them to say, and lead you in the manner you want to be led. In your stated confusion, you maintain an unflappable conviction of precisely what you need. And it should be obvious by now that I'm not the guy for that. And when you get what you seek, my prediction is it will be the typical "be careful what you wish for" scenario.

But you'll survive it. You'll survive it all. And you're always welcome to return and re-read my thoughts in this thread at a later time, when they may prove helpful. Good luck.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Jun 27 2019 12:12:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2019 :  9:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Piruz

quote:

Piruz,
The energy climbs up the "front-side" for me as well. It's cool. It also "drains" down like a laundry chute which clears my head.

Take care,
Lori

How does it drain down and what does this draining down feel like and is it brought about by grounding and if it than which type exactly?

I've dropped the idea of grounding. Remember? I understand what you are going through all to well. I'm not the person to listen to. You are welcome to throw my advice in the garbage. You seem to respond more to Jim. There's several of us in this thread. If I'm gonna give advice, explore what he is saying. You seem drawn towards that. Tai Chi would be super fun as well.

Take Care,
Lori
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  12:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

quote:

No, Jonesboy is saying do not do lotus (feet atop of thighs with crossed legs) and simply sit cross-legged, feet off of thighs. You can also just sit upright in a chair without crossed legs. Jonesboy is saying only meditate for 15-20 minutes maximum, not an hour. Please read through the free AYP lessons (https://www.aypsite.org/10.html). There are over 400, and you will understand everything about silence and energy there, and how the interior mechanics work.

Alright. I'm going to carefully read through the lessons, something which I should have done from the very start but was too agonized to see. I'm gonna take my time, too.

Ill stop seeking ready-made answers for now, but that doesn't mean I won't come back with questions, hopefully more profound and original ones this time.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Alright. I'm going to carefully read through the lessons, something which I should have done from the very start but was too agonized to see. I'm gonna take my time, too.

Ill stop seeking ready-made answers for now, but that doesn't mean I won't come back with questions, hopefully more profound and original ones this time.

Taking your time in the lessons is key. Maybe follow along in AYP DM the first dozen lessons to see if AYP is a good fit. Even if you don’t go with DM, you learn how important surrender and patience is to the process. Education, discipline, and experience will get you to the knowing, your spiritual confidence will develop. Maybe approach your yoga with the playful heart of a child. Remember how fun play was?

P.S. edit: Always come back with questions, better yet, updates and reports. We all can learn from other’s experience as much as our own.

Edited by - Dogboy on Jun 28 2019 09:34:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2019 :  7:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update: I've been reading the lessons for a while now (I'm on lesson 63) and things seem to fall in place but I had a really nasty cold 4 days ago (one of the worst in my life) and therefore have not been able to exercise (grounding), so the energy fluctuations are again more severe. But it's not the same. I don't know what's happening exactly, but when I woke up yesterday (and I only sleep after hours of torture trying to sleep) I really thought I was having a heart attack.

This is what happened. The left side of my body was tense, volatile (don't know why the left side is always more problematic) and hot and the "energy" somehow made its way to my heart and stayed there. It's like the vessels to (or in) my heart are tight (I swear to God it feels like thrombosis!). The left side of my back felt the same as well. This is pain and it's not just irregular activity even though rapid heart palpitations do happen but it's not the only thing that happens.

However, the moment I changed my sleeping position and slept on my right side, the energy distribution became more even and my heart as well as left side of my body was finally relieved. Crazy huh?

Is this the heart chakra finally opening up? Is the energy circuit finally about to be complete (I hear the heart chakra is a crucial connecting point)? Would it help if I went back to workout (grounding activities) after this period of sickness? I don't want my heart to explode or for the energy to tear it apart! Is this even normal? Is it going to result in cardiac illnesses if left undressed?

Your input is again very much appreciated guys!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  02:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Piruz,

quote:
This is what happened. The left side of my body was tense, volatile (don't know why the left side is always more problematic) and hot and the "energy" somehow made its way to my heart and stayed there. It's like the vessels to (or in) my heart are tight (I swear to God it feels like thrombosis!). The left side of my back felt the same as well. This is pain and it's not just irregular activity even though rapid heart palpitations do happen but it's not the only thing that happens.

If this pain comes back I would strongly suggest a medical check-up!

quote:
Would it help if I went back to workout (grounding activities) after this period of sickness?

Don't forget that the body needs time to recover. Take time to heal before going back to work-out practices, start slowly with some (not to long) walks for instance.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 13 2019 02:50:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Piruz

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  12:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay now the pain/tension is in my upper stomach/chest, right in the middle and travels upwards as usual. It kinda feels like when you're really hungry and your stomach has nothing to chew on, except it's ten times stronger and like a thousand times more frequent. This fluctuation of locality and pain is what makes me certain it's yoga/kundalini and not a physical health problem.

I had a long and well deserved walk yesterday (with some power walking) and could feel the "energy" traveling upwards during exercise, but for some reason the body is better able to digest it when you're moving around and doing things. I was still breathing hard when I was trying to sleep but I got that distinct feeling of an electric current running along my spine, usually an indicator that energy is moving and isn't stuck.

Edited by - Piruz on Jul 13 2019 1:03:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000