New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  8:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The AYP website and forum traffic statistics have been updated through December 2010 in the first post of this topic, here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4975

Some highlights:

1. The number of traffic maps has been increased to cover all 50 states in the USA, and the 50 countries/regions having the most traffic. This has been done to provide more information for those interested in organizing and/or participating in AYP meditation groups, training and retreats. It is nice to know when there are folks with similar interests nearby.

2. Especially notable are the countries near the top of the list which would likely not be there without the ongoing efforts of translators of the AYP writings, planning contacts and leaders of AYP events. Many thanks to all who are helping so many to undertake self-directed practice!

3. While the growth of unique visitors to the AYP website and forums was good in 2010 (up 18% to 133,000), the overall page views (hits) were down slightly from 2009. While it is hard to pin-point the reasons for this, it may be be related to more practitioners using the AYP books, which have seen more readers since last summer, particularly since bundled offerings for the AYP ebooks and audiobooks came out.

Wishing everyone all the best on your path for 2011, and beyond!

The guru is in you.

PS: Related links:

AYP Website and Forum Traffic Statistics

International Translations for the AYP Lessons (not included in the traffic statistics here)

AYP Local Planning Contacts

Bundled AYP eBooks and AudioBooks

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  08:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always heard other yogis (some who are teachers!) here in Beirut telling me that they are spreading the word but this is far beyond what I expected and Lebanon is such a small country...

Happy new year Yoganiji for you and the world.

Light and Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  10:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

I always heard other yogis (some who are teachers!) here in Beirut telling me that they are spreading the word but this is far beyond what I expected and Lebanon is such a small country...

Happy new year Yoganiji for you and the world.

Light and Love,
Ananda

Hi Ananda:

And the statistics here do not include the Arabic website, or any other translations of the AYP lessons. There can be no doubt that the translations are feeding back to the AYP English website, and vise-versa. It is all connected.

Very good job!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  11:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani, you might be surprised but most of the people who live in Beirut and the coastal area in Lebanon really hate reading in Arabic so when myself or any of my friends share the AYP msg we usually share www.aypsite.org before sharing the Arabic website.

In Beirut I just shared with a few friends and it spread word to mouth faster then I expected (mainly because the sharing was done with some teachers from other schools.)

As for the new arabic website, it's not getting as much visitors as the old meyoga website.

Ayparabia (which covers the arab world) is getting approximately between 250 and 290 unique visitors a month while as meyoga used to get almost 1000 unique visitors a month. Maybe it's something that has to do with the name... Can't figure this out yet but when one writes yoga in arabic the google results for ayparabia come late while as they used to be shown on the first two or three pages at the times when meyoga was around.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2011 :  11:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda:

Whatever name and URL is used for a translation, it is very important to be consistent and keep it the same over the long term. If it keeps changing and starting over, the readership growth momentum is lost each time. The name itself is not nearly as important as a consistent presence that can be built upon over time.

The guru is in you.

PS: It is likely that traffic coming from all Arab-speaking countries to the AYP English website is getting help from the Arabic translation. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  12:11:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

This is just to let you know that the traffic statistics for the AYP website and forums have been updated through the end of 2013. In addition to the normal quarterly stats update, the annual update of all country/region traffic maps has been completed, and expanded from 50 to 100 country/region maps, giving a much more detailed view of who is visiting AYP from where around the world.

Of note, we just reached one million unique visitors who have visited the website and/or forums since Google Analytics tracking began in 2007. This does not include website and forum traffic from 2003-2006, or the original AYP Yahoo Groups (which continue to draw traffic), the more than 15 international translation websites, or other AYP-related websites that have been started by practitioners over the years. No doubt, much of the traffic we see over here is spillover from these many other sites on the internet, and I am very grateful to all who have been helping to share the AYP resources around the world.

A few things that jump out when reviewing the traffic stats:

1. London continues to be the city with the most AYP visits, followed by New Delhi, Bangalore, New York and Los Angeles. See here for the complete list of city traffic stats for the past 12 months.

In the past, the traffic from India has not been as strong as might be expected, perhaps due to an understandable skepticism about a "guru-less" open resource on yoga practices coming from outside India. The traditions run deep in India, and AYP is anything but traditional Indian yoga. However, the perception has been changing as AYP's reputation as an effective and flexible resource has grown, and now we see traffic from India becoming very strong. That is wonderful. Thank you, India!

2. The USA still brings the most traffic by far, with the UK next in the long term stats (the ranking order we use for the country/region traffic map listing). However, India has moved decidedly into second place for 2013, as can be seen in the 12 month country stats here.

3. There are other countries that have moved up the list dramatically over the past year or so, particularly Mexico and China, which are #5 and #6 on the country ranking for 2013. In years past, the top ten countries were mainly North American and European. Now we are seeing much more traffic from Asia and Latin American.

4. There is increasing traffic from the Middle East also, thanks to the extensive Arabic translation work that has been going on there. Wherever there are AYP translations happening, it tends to bring people to the English website as well.

Thank you again all for helping the AYP resources reach so many seekers and independent practitioners around the world. These are exciting times!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2014 :  1:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo. Bravo, I say, bravo. And let me say, one more time: Bravo. [spoken in a heavy London, gentleman-y accent]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000