Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Strong sensation at back of head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  02:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All;
I've been having strong sensation at back of the head especially during meditation...any idea what that is?
thanx in advance.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  09:24:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,
What kind of sensation do you feel? Pressure or pain or energy movements (feels like ants crawling or something flowing/moving)?

If it's just energy movements, you don't have to worry, it is just purification and it will go away. If it makes you uncomfortable, you can self pace a bit by cutting back on meditation time.

If it is pressure or pain that you feel, do you feel it only in meditation or throughout the day?

If it is only during meditation, does it make you uncomfortable and takes you out of meditation? If it is not bothering you, you can continue with what you are doing, if however you feel discomfort and it is making your meditation unpleasant or hard to do, self pace by cutting back on practice time.

If this happens during the day, do self pace... cut back on practices, any time you feel the pressure, consciously bring your attention to the lower part of your body... chest, stomach area... do grounding stuff like take walks, exercise, stay away from spiritual books, music,art... just till this excess passes.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  1:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for asking about this Delara I have the same thing, although it flows and feels very pleasurable..seems to radiate from the base of the skull and the center of the head, sometimes down the back and arms.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  4:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti & faileforever;
the closest description would be vibration and the ant crawling thing.It's pleasant not annoying.However;it's distracting from mantra thought.
It happens sometimes for no particular reason during the day.
And as u said faileforever I sometimes get similar sensation in the back.
I don't read spiritual books or anything related...except for reading/scan reading AYP site for sometimes everyday.
I walk alot in addition to rope jumping,set-ups and push ups daily.

I look forward to do my meditation practice and feel tempted to stay more than 20 mins...so no plans to cut down on its time ...except if that's necessary.
thanx Shanti for ur quick reply and yea it helped

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  5:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,

It is a minor chakra on the back of the head associated with the occipital lobe. Some say it is the back end of the ajna chakra (6B so to speak).

You can see it marked on this diagram:

http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/Fig7-3.gif

It is a normal part of the enlightenment process and is nothing to worry about.

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2011 :  2:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting image!
thank you Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  06:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am on the same page as Delara here.

I just wonder because I feel energy sipping through this point at the back of the head during spinal breathing, initially I thought it was meant to go trough here in proper SBP so I did so but then I followed the treads and lessons and it seems like the centre could be more forward? Im confused anyhow, and now I practice SBP with intent on center of head even though it tends to pass the ’chakra at the back of the head.

Kind regards
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  01:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Anahora,

With SBP you start at the root, trace the spinal nerve up to the center of the brain and curve forward to the point between the eyebrows and a little beyond. So you should end up between the eyebrows.

Good luck with your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page

dietarydongguan

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2020 :  5:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the same thing happen to me sometimes
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000