AYP Helpers
 Forum reader for smartphones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  09:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

How about implementing a Tapatalk plug-in into the AYP forums, so we could access them comfortably from our mobile devices? It is a nice little forum reader for smartphones and it makes life much easier. Many forums out there use it.

Edited by - mimirom on Mar 12 2011 2:29:50 PM

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  12:19:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mimirom:

Thanks for the suggestion. We are looking for ways to make the AYP website and forums more readable on smart phones. Nothing has emerged as a clear option yet.

A brief look at www.tapatalk.com revealed this, so our Snitz Forum software appears not to be compatible with Tapatalk:

Q: Which forum system does it currently support?

A: Currently phpBB3 3.0.x, vBulletin 3.6.x/3.7.x/3.8.x/4.x, Invision Power Board (IPB) 3.x and Simple Machine Forum (SMF) 1.1.11+/2.x are supported. You can also look for other forum system plugin developed by third party developers using Tapatalk API at our Developer Support forums.

We will look into it further, since we will have to do something about all those small screens out there sooner or later.

BTW, all of the AYP ebooks are compatible with small screens via reader apps from Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks, Barnes and Noble Nook, KoboBooks, etc.

Any further suggestions will be appreciated on apps for making the AYP website and support forums more readable on smart phones. Preferably, implementation from this end should be easy. I am not a computer programmer. Only a human neuro-biology programmer.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2011 :  4:39:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello;
I can easily access the forum with my E72 Nokia mobile
As far as I know,the whole point of using these plugins is to provide a compact size files that save the bandwidth of smart phones.
here on this forum it's only html! no big deal! it can be read with any browser...no flashy images...etc
I'm not sure if I'm on the same conversation track with you:)
Peace
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2011 :  04:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,

yes I can access the forums too with the basic web browser on my phone. But it becomes quite a lot easier with a specialized forum app. Especially posting and editing posts becomes considerably easier.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2011 :  09:03:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanx mimirom for explaining...I can see what you mean now:)
So one is left with two options:
either uses a plugin that is supported by as many mobile OS as possible and can interact with snitz forum system...
Or
if you can't get such plugins for forum so maybe a second option would be to use another forum system for your website that can be interacted with by as many plugins as possible...
I wish I have more knowledge to help here...but unfortunately it's not my domain...
just felt like sharing my opinion!
All the best
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000