New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2022 :  02:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. As mentioned above, Jono, it takes desire, discipline, and intuition. It took me a quarter year of 5-minute tongue extension exercises (extending tongue outwardly, the tip pointing up, out, and down) and then guiding the tongue backwards toward the soft palette with my index finger. These daily 5 minutes of exercise usually happened after rest in sitting practice, when my body was relaxed and open, but sometimes at random idle moments of the day. How long it would take to succeed varies individually. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Virochana

New Zealand
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2022 :  12:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Virochana's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by th1996

Is it possible without cutting or other practises to reach stage 2 and 3 ?

Yes definitely. Kechari is part of an overall development. Even if you were born with a tongue that can reach all the way into your nostrils, or stay inside the top of your nasal area - that in itself may not give you much.

It is how you apply that, the awareness you bring to it. The stretching and amount of time it takes is itself a journey which helps you to prepare, to understand, and to release restrictions in your face, jaw, and as a revelation you can understand that you have the ability to reshape your muscular structure and tendons, and over time do what you did not think you could a year or two before.

The nectars that Kechari brings us in touch with our half physical / half beyond physical. In that way they are not different than our sexual essence which we all are already aware of. So the journey of Kechari teaches us this relationship, and what the nature of nectar is. With that we can meditate, cultivate, and connect. Kechari helps to make that connection stronger, but without knowing what you are connecting to, it is of limit use.

It is really an amazingly beautiful connection, and seems an almost instinctual part of kriya. But not only can you achieve Kechari without snipping, you also do not need to start with it. The formless and happy nectars inside the heart expand into the head as they grow. The whole body makes a connection from your root, from you heart, in you head - and this wholeness develops a force that works with your tongue.

Why would you want to skip out on this journey by cutting part of your tongue. Doing so, except possibly for those born with some kind of malformation, does not shorten the path in the long run - but can lengthen it. Do not be in a rush in this way, and there is so many ways we can apply ourselves into our inner space, which as it matures, then gives us that calling to achieve kechari for the right reasons, and not because of some promise that was read in a book.
Go to Top of Page

Gabereal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2024 :  11:30:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Then don?t cut . I did and achieved kechari rather quickly. If it was a result of cutting I?m not sure . Lahiri gave his technique with eroded the ferenulum as it grinded over the front bottom teeth .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000