New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2005 :  10:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All:

Donations for helping make the AYP writings available to everyone around the world are accepted, and may be made through Paypal. Paypal membership is not required. Just enter your donation amount and click on the "Donate with Debit or Credit Card" link.

In addition to Paypal, donations to AYP can be made through Stripe covering Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc.

It is preferred that any donations be for value that you feel has already been received, rather than for expectations about the future. In this way, the benefits that you have received can be translated into opportunities for others to receive similar benefits.

Your support is much appreciated, enabling us to continue sharing the free AYP lessons and resources around the world.

Thank you, and all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

PS: AYP is not a non-profit tax exempt entity, and donations are not deductible for tax purposes in the USA.

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  12:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to make a Paypal donation to help subsidize Yogani's expenses on this generous offer (I'm quite certain there's no strings attached to his offer....so I'm just going to do my part to help it stay stringless!). Would anyone care to join me? Here's the link: AYP/Paypal Donation Link
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  12:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

I've joined you in making a donation to AYP. I feel it's the least I can do for all the positive changes that Yogani and AYP have helped bring into my life. I hope that it will help ease at least a small portion of some of the financial burdens that Yogani is bearing to bring these teachings to us and to keep this forum up and running for everyone's benefit.

I hope others will do the same, for more ways that people can help please see this below link to an earlier post on this subject.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=556

Anthem

Edited by - Anthem on Dec 06 2005 12:16:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  4:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great, Anthem, glad to hear it.

Yogani's expenses will be ongoing, and he could probably use some support on a continuing basis. And I'll be enjoying AYP (the practice, the forum, Yogani's input) on a continuing basis, as well. So rather than try to figure out "what AYP is worth to me" and pay some inflated figure right now and deem my obligation over, I've just shot 40 bucks to help cover shipping of meditation guides. When I think of it (or hear some expense has cropped up...or after a few months go by) I'll send more. And every once in a while when I realize how much AYP has helped me, I'll send as large amount as I can stomach. If there were a pricetag of several thousand bucks on the AYP "product" at, like, Walmart, and I knew how much it'd improve my life, I'd purchase it in a split second. I will bear this in mind as I contribute. Maybe others haven't gotten as much out of the practice, but I'm trying to think of a reason why Yogani doesn't deserve like 1% of my yearly income. That might seem extreme, but, again, if someone were able to take away all the benefits of practice and charge me $$$$$ to regain them, I must admit: I'd find a way to pay. And it's hard to get past that (though my stingy brain is working overtime to think of rationalizations).

In any case, just as we're practicing AYP for the long term, we ought to consider our support to be likewise.

This is just my personal way of seeing it, obviously. I'm not trying to impose my view on anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  01:52:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the same point of view as you Jim and Anthem too.
The value that AYP has improved my life this far is much more than I can donate right now, but a little each time adds up in the long run, and hopefully your initiative can get a snowball rolling. And I'm sure Yogani's generosity will come back multiplied one way or the other.
Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  6:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani-

Before donating I have a quick question:

The email address is yogani99@yahoo.com but I read somewhere that this is not your address. I just wanted to confirm before hitting the donation button.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  6:57:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeekingShiva

Yogani-

Before donating I have a quick question:

The email address is yogani99@yahoo.com but I read somewhere that this is not your address. I just wanted to confirm before hitting the donation button.

Thanks

Hi SeekingShiva:

Yes, that is the correct email address.

Thanks much for your support!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  7:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is that PayPal link still valid? How do you donate?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  8:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

Is that PayPal link still valid? How do you donate?

Hi Anthony:

Yes, the "AYP on Paypal" link in the first post of this topic is still good. Or the aforementioned yogani99 email address can be used on Paypal as well.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SeekingShiva

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  12:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit SeekingShiva's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

I am very very thankful to you and the wonderful job you are doing for sharing all these things without any strings attached.

We cannot put any monetary value to your help as it will be insult and cannot be justified by the mere small amounts which I can donate.

In old days people use to spend years and years in ashram to learn all this sacred knowledge and here you have provided us with all the details.

So being said that, please accept my small donation and also please accept my virtual bow down to your holy feat for providing us this knowledge.

Please pass on your blessings that we(my whole family) can devote more and more time on this journey and have time and liberty to follow your instructions.

Please let me know if I could be of any help for this humble cause.

Warmest regards
Go to Top of Page

windh2o

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  11:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit windh2o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani - normally I don't support what I would initially consider to be a religious (non-secular) org - but I think Yogani with AYP has succeeded in whatever it is that he initially had in mind.

Yogani, I hate to disagree: YOU are my Guru (though I don't know your mind-body-sense complex - i'm really saying Yogani=AYP)

My PLEDGE for 2010 (target) $3,000

OM ayyam OM

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hello All:

Donations for helping make the AYP writings available to everyone around the world are accepted, and may be made to AYP on Paypal.com.

Paypal membership is not required. Just enter an amount and go to the bottom of the page to use the credit/debit card option.

It is preferred that any donations be for value that you feel has already been received, rather than for expectations about the future. In this way, the benefits that you have received can be translated into opportunities for others to receive similar benefits.

Also see the AYP Book Quantity Discount Program for obtaining copies of the AYP books. If you would like to participate directly in promoting, translating, publishing, or selling the AYP books, please write to Yogani. All assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you would like to start or participate in a local AYP meditation group or retreat, see related topics in the AYP Helpers forum category, or start a topic there for your own area.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  10:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Friends....

Just thought that I would remind everyone that a donation to AYP this Christmas season would be a great way to share the Christmas spirit, keep the AYP writings and forum going, and show Yogani how much we all value the AYP system. Hope you all can find a small amount to give back this Christmas season.

May you all have a blessed and happy holiday season.

With Love.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  05:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please note that if you are PayPal members for higher amounts (not sure exactly how much the threshold is) you will be asked to confirm your card by typing in a 4-digit code that will appear on your credit card monthly statement. Happy holidays and best of luck for 2010
Go to Top of Page

windh2o

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  01:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit windh2o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani Ji

My pledge is still good --- I'm just trying to figure out how to save the first 500 - the holiday spending hit hard - but this is the only cause I wish to donate to this 2010

Anil

quote:
Originally posted by windh2o

Yogani - normally I don't support what I would initially consider to be a religious (non-secular) org - but I think Yogani with AYP has succeeded in whatever it is that he initially had in mind.

Yogani, I hate to disagree: YOU are my Guru (though I don't know your mind-body-sense complex - i'm really saying Yogani=AYP)

My PLEDGE for 2010 (target) $3,000

OM ayyam OM

quote:

Hello All:

Donations for helping make the AYP writings available to everyone around the world are accepted, and may be made to AYP on Paypal.com.

Paypal membership is not required. Just enter an amount and go to the bottom of the page to use the credit/debit card option.

Also see the AYP Book Quantity Discount Program for obtaining copies of the AYP books. If you would like to participate directly in promoting, translating, publishing, or selling the AYP books, please write to Yogani. All assistance is greatly appreciated.

If you would like to start or participate in a local AYP meditation group or retreat, see related topics in the AYP Helpers forum category, or start a topic there for your own area.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  08:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anil:

Your interest is supporting AYP is much appreciated. But please don't create a burden for yourself with it.

There are many ways to help, and each will do what they can according to the heart.

From my side, the preference is for any donations to be for the perception of benefits received already, not for anything in the future. No expectations.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy! I have that wish for everyone, released in the stillness we all share...

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  2:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello AYP members;

I have 9 Bundled packages of "AYP Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living eBooks ( Volumes 1 & 2 )" that I would like to give away while stocks last.
If anyone is interested plz don't hesitate to contact me.

Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

Kundalinigal

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2012 :  4:30:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IWe have just made a donation to this site. We use it everyday!
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  07:16:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello yogani and all,

I was thinking of donating to aypsite in a way that also promotes the teachings and practices and is extra fun.
Hence this question: Is purchasing ebooks from the aypsite for friends an effective way to donate?

In other words: which percentage of the amount spent on ebooks can be used for the operating/developing of aypsite, and which percentage is the paying of costs to not directly involved parties (which I guess would be mostly the financial intermediaries)?

This way of donating is appealing to me because it could be a nice way of (1) sharing why I love the teachings on aypsite, (2) making friends happy with a gift and (3) supporting aypsite financially.
It might have (4) some other rollover benefits as well. For instance more people reviewing the books on amazon or elsewhere.

Thank you

Omsat

quote:

Hello All:

Also see the AYP Book Quantity Discount Program for obtaining copies of the AYP books. If you would like to participate directly in promoting, translating, publishing, or selling the AYP books, please write to Yogani.

If you would like to become a local planning contact in your area for an AYP meditation group, training, or retreat, please visit the "Local Contacts" page where there are instructions for becoming a contact.

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

The guru is in you.

Note: AYP is not a non-profit tax exempt entity, and donations are not deductible for tax purposes in the USA.

Edited by - Omsat on Jul 31 2013 07:41:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  10:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat:

Thanks much for your kind note and sharing. All funds that come in to AYP are used for further developing and sharing the knowledge, so any book purchase (the main source of funds) will be toward that end. Gifting AYP books to others is a good way to help AYP also, while at the same time providing exposure to the knowledge for others.

Direct downloads of ebooks or audiobooks through AYP, or through any of the channels shown on the books page, are more or less equal in their financial support to AYP, so the best channel to use is the one that best suits your needs.

And, of course, direct donations are welcome also, as is any support anyone may wish to provide for their region for organizing meditation groups, retreats, etc. There are many ways to help out with AYP. Whatever works best for you.

Many thanks, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2013 :  11:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear yogani,

Thank you very much for clarifying and adding useful information in your reply.

For my friends in Western countries I would opt sending them the eBook.

However, I'm currently staying in the Philippines and quite a few of spiritually inclined friends here don't have easy access to internet. For them a hardcopy would be better.
For the Philippines, do you advise purchasing from Amazon China, Amazon India, or another channel?
Amazon China makes much sense geographically, but I don't speak Mandarin..

I read about the Quantity Discount for paperback books on the other thread. Which is the quantity of books that makes this option worth (considering the location: Philippines)?

Would it help if some arrangement is made in which I purchase the electronic version and print the books here locally, while paying the due share (excluding printing costs) to aypsite?
I imagine this would be interesting for you to consider only for a certain amount of books being printed, to avoid practical hassle for little return. If so, please advise me on the quantity required, so I can decide.. I live in a small place, far away from the city and live a little bit a secluded life, so too large amount would make this option less suitable for me.
In that case, I could make a donation every time I print and share a book instead, if this is in accordance with the copyrights?

Thank you for further advising,

Omsat

quote:

Hi Omsat:

Thanks much for your kind note and sharing. All funds that come in to AYP are used for further developing and sharing the knowledge, so any book purchase (the main source of funds) will be toward that end. Gifting AYP books to others is a good way to help AYP also, while at the same time providing exposure to the knowledge for others.

Direct downloads of ebooks or audiobooks through AYP, or through any of the channels shown on the books page, are more or less equal in their financial support to AYP, so the best channel to use is the one that best suits your needs.

And, of course, direct donations are welcome also, as is any support anyone may wish to provide for their region for organizing meditation groups, retreats, etc. There are many ways to help out with AYP. Whatever works best for you.

Many thanks, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Edited by - Omsat on Aug 01 2013 02:44:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  10:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat:

There are several ways to go:

With the direct downloads, you can order an ebook (or audiobook, which includes the ebook) in your own name for another person and forward the download email to them. This is preferred over sending ebooks around as email attachments, which sends the wrong message. They are not for email attachment distribution hither and yon.

If those you would like to share AYP with do not have computer or internet access, you can print the direct download ebook (PDF version) and share it. In that case, it would be essentially the same as a third party published/printed and distributed translation, for which AYP receives a 10% royalty in US dollars on the paperback edition list price. List prices can be found on Amazon USA (do not use the Amazon discounted prices for royalty calculation). For the enlightenment series books, that would be 10% of $11.95, or $1.20 for each hard copy book distributed, which can be sent back totaled every few months using the AYP Paypal donation link.

An option for obtaining AYP paperback books is to order the India editions from Grasroutes in New Delhi. These are printed in India and are much less expensive than the USA and UK printed books. However, international shipping from India to the Philippines could be costly and/or unreliable. Check with Grasroutes for particulars, including any quantity discount.

Other options for obtaining paperbacks would be Amazon in China or India as you suggested (or Japan), but these prices are based on UK publishing and tend to be high for Asia. So is international shipping, and there is no guarantee the books will get there. In general, we have not had good experience with shipping books internationally. The same applies to the USA or UK quantity discounts direct from AYP's printer -- not recommended outside the USA, Canada, UK, EU and Australia due to shipping cost and reliability issues.

Many thanks for your interest in sharing AYP!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2013 :  12:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogani,

Thanks for the very informative and extensive reply.

I have had some failure with sending internationally from India as well in the past (other than aypsite materials) and I have heard import in the Philippines is not always reliable also.

I'm happy the option with the donation link is fine with you, that seems very convenient. It's also relatively cheap to print in the Philippines.

I always feel good in my heart when talking/sharing aypsite teachings and wisdom. So, I can wholeheartedly say it's a pleasure to share :) Thank you for making it all happen!!

Warm wishes,
Omsat

quote:

Hi Omsat:

There are several ways to go:

With the direct downloads, you can order an ebook (or audiobook, which includes the ebook) in your own name for another person and forward the download email to them. This is preferred over sending ebooks around as email attachments, which sends the wrong message. They are not for email attachment distribution hither and yon.

If those you would like to share AYP with do not have computer or internet access, you can print the direct download ebook (PDF version) and share it. In that case, it would be essentially the same as a third party published/printed and distributed translation, for which AYP receives a 10% royalty in US dollars on the paperback edition list price. List prices can be found on Amazon USA (do not use the Amazon discounted prices for royalty calculation). For the enlightenment series books, that would be 10% of $11.95, or $1.20 for each hard copy book distributed, which can be sent back totaled every few months using the AYP Paypal donation link.

An option for obtaining AYP paperback books is to order the India editions from Grasroutes in New Delhi. These are printed in India and are much less expensive than the USA and UK printed books. However, international shipping from India to the Philippines could be costly and/or unreliable. Check with Grasroutes for particulars, including any quantity discount.

Other options for obtaining paperbacks would be Amazon in China or India as you suggested (or Japan), but these prices are based on UK publishing and tend to be high for Asia. So is international shipping, and there is no guarantee the books will get there. In general, we have not had good experience with shipping books internationally. The same applies to the USA or UK quantity discounts direct from AYP's printer -- not recommended outside the USA, Canada, UK, EU and Australia due to shipping cost and reliability issues.

Many thanks for your interest in sharing AYP!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  5:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogani

Thanks for all the great knowledge and sharing with all of us. I can see your love, affection and spirtual energy in all the lessons. As a token of love i will do a small contribution to the AYP. Even though I don't have the Paypal account i thnk I can still do that.

Thanks and lot of love

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2013 :  6:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Pkj, it says in the first post here that you don't need a Paypal account to donate.

All this talk of donating from you and Omsat has inspired me to do the same...so easy using Paypal.

The last few months of steady practice of AYP techniques seem to have done more for me than the previous 30 years of sporadic yoga efforts and the thought of it brings tears to my eyes.

Thank you AYP - Yogani.

Go to Top of Page

Clear Benedictus

Ghana
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2014 :  11:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogani,
Could you provide an alternative to paypal for donation? If I recall I made my purchase through google. Could you make that link feasible for donation? Paypal does not seem to provide the same opportunity for both purchasing and, definitely, donation.
Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2014 :  1:05:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Could you provide an alternative to paypal for donation? If I recall I made my purchase through google. Could you make that link feasible for donation? Paypal does not seem to provide the same opportunity for both purchasing and, definitely, donation.

Hi Clear Benedictus:

Thank you for your interest in helping out.

In addition to Paypal, donations can be made through Stripe covering Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc.

Wishing you all the best on your path, and thanks again for you interest in supporting the work!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000