New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  8:51:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,

I thank you for your kindness. Life is much better now ( not so heavy). Good luck on your path!
Go to Top of Page

ddingal

India
14 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2014 :  06:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to lucid and mathurs, only nostril is not choked, rightside esophagus is also seemed choked, sufficient saliva not developing in right part of my mouth. After forced release of gases sometime breathing continuing normal.Is there any relation with gas and breathing restriction. I think the gas is creating positive pressure inside and is not allowing air to get in. Also inter-coastal muscle and diaphragm seems strained at right side squeezing lungs and i think that is creating restriction of breathing. I once asked an Art Of Living teacher and she replied that reason is the excess depression.
Any comment should i need muscle massage to release strained diaphragm?
Go to Top of Page

NewbieGG

Bulgaria
52 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  03:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim , thanks for sharing your story . It is funny that between your first and last post there are seven years distance .

It is amazing to see how your mind set has changed over the years . At start- in-depth analysis , research , effort , examine !!! Later on you start advice to do practices , let go and carry on living

Both practical information and wisdom can be found here . Highly appreciated . Many thanks

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2014 :  3:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
NewbieGG,

It's more that I'm trying to correct the notion that this is stuff to obsess over; to master; to endlessly tinker and play with. The info is useful, but its misuse is counterproductive. I tried to stave off misuse back in my very first posting, but, having dumped everything I know about this particular issue, there's nothing left to do but keep urging people to be less geared up about their process for making themselves less geared up :)

I'm still pretty analytical about this (and many other things). Nothing wrong with that; we have brains for a reason, so we may as well use them when helpful. But I don't take it to an extreme. Sort of like what I'm talking about here.

I'm so jealous you're in Bulgaria. I love the music and the banitsas.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Nov 14 2014 3:30:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  7:44:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a similar posting about a similar issue, again offering the fruits of years of experimentation: Fixing Assymetry
Go to Top of Page

cdh3

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  9:37:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Used this video on repeat with headphones for vibration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Y...spfreload=10

and this visualization exercise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq4...spfreload=10

and it really helped my jaw pressure/head pressure/neck pain/and waking up during the night that all came on suddenly through meditation. I did get diarrhoea the following days.
Go to Top of Page

no.thing

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2017 :  2:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to resurrect this really old thread as I think it's one of the best on this entire board. It looks like Jim is no longer active here, but I thank him for his posts and hope he's doing well. I'm also struggling with a major front channel block, and wanted to add some feedback. Hopefully this will help someone, or if anybody has any new info after all this time, we can start a new dialog.

First off, I think Jim's suggestion about Pilates is a great one. The sensation of core activation seems to be exactly what is needed to get the energy to descend down the front channel. I have major tightness in the throat area and my observation after doing a lot of Pilates is that when the inner abdominal muscles are activated, it's no longer necessary to hold that tension as the stability comes from the abdomen. Pilates is great at teaching these sensations.

I think the tai chi exercise that Jim describes is basically zhan zhuang. That practice is supposed to be grounding, but I've found it too forceful - maybe for some it would work, but I feel worse instead of better after doing it. I think this is related to what Chinese medicine calls spleen qi deficiency, which Jim also mentions as part of his issue (the trouble with digestion, etc. - when one profoundly relaxes, the energy which is deficient to start with is dispersed, and thus relaxation may make some of the symptoms worse). But in theory it should work, so people with this issue might want to try it. There are great instructions in "The Way of Energy" by Lam Kam Chuen.

I also wanted to say that Chinese dietary recommendations may be more useful than Ayurvedic ones in this case. The ayurvedic recommendation for out-of-control kundalini seems to be to reduce pitta (stop eating spicy food, drinking alcohol, etc.) and increase kapha (eat heavy). While this is logical, it is likely that someone with firey energy rising to the head lacks firey energy in the digestive system. Therefore, eating heavy will dampen that already weak digestive fire even if it grounds the kundalini energy. It is necessary not only to reduce the firey energy in the body but to get it to descend to its proper place in the digestive system and kidneys. Chinese medicine has sophisticated ways of dealing with this and a person with this issue should probably both see a good Chinese doctor to get some recommendations and devote some effort and study to learning to diagnose themselves. For example, your body might be able to tolerate heating spices like ginger and garlic and they may make you feel better because they heat the digestive system without causing the energy to ascend wildly. The body is probably also depleted of moisture due to the out-of-control heat, but if you add the moisture back in right away it will dampen your already weak digestion. Chinese medicine provides specific advice on how to address these issues and in what order. I don't think diet or herbs will solve this problem, but they will provide some symptomatic relief.

There's also a particular kind of meditation that I've found very useful. The instructions are in a book called "Second Zen Reader," translated by Trevor Leggett. The Zen master Hakuin went to a Taoist hermit named Hakuyu in search of a remedy for zen sickness, which based on his description is exactly the same thing as out-of-control kundalini. The hermit takes his pulse by Chinese methods and offers the following suggestion:

quote:
If the student finds in his meditation that the four great elements are out of harmony and body and mind are fatigued, he should rouse himself and make this meditation. Let him visualize placed on the crown of his head, that celestial So ointment, about as much as a duck's egg, pure in colour and fragrance.

Let him feel its exquisite essence and flavour, melting and filtering down through his head, its flow permeating downwards, slowly laving the shoulders and elbows, the sides of the breast and within the chest, the lungs, liver, stomach and internal organs, the back and spine and hip bones.

All the old ailments and adhesions and pains in the five organs and six auxiliaries follow the mind downwards. There is a sound as of the trickling of water. Percolating through the whole body, the flow goes gently down the legs, stopping at the soles of the feet.

Then let him make this meditation: that the elixir, having permeated and filtered down through him, in abundance fills up the lower half of his body. It becomes warm, and he is saturated in it.

Just as a skillful physician collects herbs of rare fragrance and puts them in a pan to simmer, so the student finds that from the navel down he is simmering in the So elixir.

When this meditation is being done, there will be psychological experiences, of a sudden indescribable fragrance at the nose-tip, of a gentle and exquisite sensation in the body.

Mind and body become harmonized, and far surpass their condition at the peak of youth. Adhesions and obstructions are cleared away, the organs are tranquillized and insensibly the skin will begin to glow.
If the practice is carried on without relapse, what illness will not be healed, what power will not be acquired, what perfection will not be attained, what Way will not be fulfilled?

The arrival of the result depends only on how the student performs the practices.

This meditation seems to do a good job at getting out-of-control heat to descend. It's one of the most useful I've tried. Hope this helps someone. I'd like to hear more suggestions as well if anyone has them.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  04:53:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The water breath works pretty well for me.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=15161

quote:
Originally posted by no.thing

I'm going to resurrect this really old thread as I think it's one of the best on this entire board. It looks like Jim is no longer active here, but I thank him for his posts and hope he's doing well. I'm also struggling with a major front channel block, and wanted to add some feedback. Hopefully this will help someone, or if anybody has any new info after all this time, we can start a new dialog.

First off, I think Jim's suggestion about Pilates is a great one. The sensation of core activation seems to be exactly what is needed to get the energy to descend down the front channel. I have major tightness in the throat area and my observation after doing a lot of Pilates is that when the inner abdominal muscles are activated, it's no longer necessary to hold that tension as the stability comes from the abdomen. Pilates is great at teaching these sensations.

I think the tai chi exercise that Jim describes is basically zhan zhuang. That practice is supposed to be grounding, but I've found it too forceful - maybe for some it would work, but I feel worse instead of better after doing it. I think this is related to what Chinese medicine calls spleen qi deficiency, which Jim also mentions as part of his issue (the trouble with digestion, etc. - when one profoundly relaxes, the energy which is deficient to start with is dispersed, and thus relaxation may make some of the symptoms worse). But in theory it should work, so people with this issue might want to try it. There are great instructions in "The Way of Energy" by Lam Kam Chuen.

I also wanted to say that Chinese dietary recommendations may be more useful than Ayurvedic ones in this case. The ayurvedic recommendation for out-of-control kundalini seems to be to reduce pitta (stop eating spicy food, drinking alcohol, etc.) and increase kapha (eat heavy). While this is logical, it is likely that someone with firey energy rising to the head lacks firey energy in the digestive system. Therefore, eating heavy will dampen that already weak digestive fire even if it grounds the kundalini energy. It is necessary not only to reduce the firey energy in the body but to get it to descend to its proper place in the digestive system and kidneys. Chinese medicine has sophisticated ways of dealing with this and a person with this issue should probably both see a good Chinese doctor to get some recommendations and devote some effort and study to learning to diagnose themselves. For example, your body might be able to tolerate heating spices like ginger and garlic and they may make you feel better because they heat the digestive system without causing the energy to ascend wildly. The body is probably also depleted of moisture due to the out-of-control heat, but if you add the moisture back in right away it will dampen your already weak digestion. Chinese medicine provides specific advice on how to address these issues and in what order. I don't think diet or herbs will solve this problem, but they will provide some symptomatic relief.

There's also a particular kind of meditation that I've found very useful. The instructions are in a book called "Second Zen Reader," translated by Trevor Leggett. The Zen master Hakuin went to a Taoist hermit named Hakuyu in search of a remedy for zen sickness, which based on his description is exactly the same thing as out-of-control kundalini. The hermit takes his pulse by Chinese methods and offers the following suggestion:

quote:
If the student finds in his meditation that the four great elements are out of harmony and body and mind are fatigued, he should rouse himself and make this meditation. Let him visualize placed on the crown of his head, that celestial So ointment, about as much as a duck's egg, pure in colour and fragrance.

Let him feel its exquisite essence and flavour, melting and filtering down through his head, its flow permeating downwards, slowly laving the shoulders and elbows, the sides of the breast and within the chest, the lungs, liver, stomach and internal organs, the back and spine and hip bones.

All the old ailments and adhesions and pains in the five organs and six auxiliaries follow the mind downwards. There is a sound as of the trickling of water. Percolating through the whole body, the flow goes gently down the legs, stopping at the soles of the feet.

Then let him make this meditation: that the elixir, having permeated and filtered down through him, in abundance fills up the lower half of his body. It becomes warm, and he is saturated in it.

Just as a skillful physician collects herbs of rare fragrance and puts them in a pan to simmer, so the student finds that from the navel down he is simmering in the So elixir.

When this meditation is being done, there will be psychological experiences, of a sudden indescribable fragrance at the nose-tip, of a gentle and exquisite sensation in the body.

Mind and body become harmonized, and far surpass their condition at the peak of youth. Adhesions and obstructions are cleared away, the organs are tranquillized and insensibly the skin will begin to glow.
If the practice is carried on without relapse, what illness will not be healed, what power will not be acquired, what perfection will not be attained, what Way will not be fulfilled?

The arrival of the result depends only on how the student performs the practices.

This meditation seems to do a good job at getting out-of-control heat to descend. It's one of the most useful I've tried. Hope this helps someone. I'd like to hear more suggestions as well if anyone has them.

Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  2:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi guys,

As you know I posted couple of months ago as I have tremendous head pressure. The thing is I was not aware of what was I doing and through Youtube videos and guided meditations I created this severe head pressure which has literally destroyed my life.

I read what Jim has wrote and will try to stick to it as much as possible. Somethings like Chinese doctor I cannot fulfill cause there is no TMC in my surronding. What do you think can I order some herbs via internet without being check by TMC?

Since my life collapsed in most brutal ways due to this my parents took to psychitrist who thinks that I am imagine all of this and he gave me anti psychotics . What do you think should I take those, is there a chance that it will help me since I am mentally disturbed now?
I saw that Jim said lots of engagement with world which is impossible to me right now as I am totally screwed right now and can't work. Is going to some smaller city with nature and sea good idea to be on my own , somehow I feel need to do it?

Also,I started to smoke as well due to stress. Do cigarettes effect my condition with head pressure?

How can I know if this is kundalini or some sort of severe pranic imbalance due to benaural beats and improper meditation practice?

Sorry for this random questions I am so confused right now.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  03:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi filip,
Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

It is not a wise idea to give you advice about medicine here. And as you will know yourself already, smoking cigarettes is not a good idea either in case of headache or pressure. It could make it worse, just like caffeine.

Do you have a spiritual practice at this moment? What exactly do you do?

Maybe you can fill in this questioner so we can advice you.

At this moment the only advice I can give you is to ground, like taking long, some hours, walks in nature. Eating healthy, and socialize with good friends so you will have some pleasure.

Love to you

Edit: you can trust your own feelings, sea, nature, it will all nourish you

Edited by - Charliedog on Sep 15 2017 04:17:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  4:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Chariledog for your kind words , I will certainly follow your recommendation.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  08:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Filip

There is a post somebody wrote a few days ago, which might be helpful to you:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....16804#144972
Premature kundalini awakenings are uncomfortable and confusing, but they do settle down. It's a trying time, but there is a reward at the end, a reward beyond anything you can imagine.

I know it's easier said than done, but what you need now is patience. Fighting the energy will not help. Grounding and maintaining a healthy lifestyle do. I second Charliedog in encouraging you to quit smoking if you can.

quote:
Originally posted by filip
Is going to some smaller city with nature and sea good idea to be on my own, somehow I feel need to do it?

That sounds like a lovely idea. Swimming and walking barefoot on sand are good grounding activities.

Your parents are, naturally, worried. They have turned to a medical professional for help because they don't have any better solution. But if you can prove to them that you can get a grip on the situation (quitting smoking would be a a good example) they may be persuaded to give you some space to find your own solution. It's worth a try. If you can persuade them that you are acting responsibly, then maybe you don't need those drugs after all (that only you can prove. As Charliedog has already pointed out, we cannot give advice about medication on this forum).

Trust that things will work out for the best and be patient. I'm sending my prayers your way. Take good care of yourself. Do let us know how you are getting on.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Sep 16 2017 09:03:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  5:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you BlueRaincoat for the words of encouragement.

I will follow Chaliedog recomendation and create topic.
Go to Top of Page

Anjesh

India
4 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  10:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim\Anyone,

could you explain in detail(images\videos) how to do "throat dilation" .
Its urgent...

--concentrated heart beats - not able to sense - did not work
--water breath did not work
-- concentrating on pulse in thumb tip, when we are in chin mudra-- did not work, sometime worked
-- sat and concentrated tailbone back for morethan 30 min with open eye -- did not work
-- As Jim told means "talking", i spoken to my "self", observed downward movement after talking for 30 mins. --sometimes--
--- Always observing tingling\something moving at the bottom/like water flowing sensation in perinium
--- Excretion problem, Oh!
--- My mind always suggests(thaughts) on happened scenario or will be happening scenario, still i will drag my mind to PRESENT.
--concentrated tummy movements with open eye - work to some extent
With closed eye --> :(
--- Streching\Splits\-- Sometime helps and not always
--- Cant' see TV and mobile for time, gets pressure, beacuse i did more trataka in initial days
*** focus moves back to forehead and pressure automatically***
*** dreams\movies in sleep**
Have searched lot in internet, "HE" showed me this website.
"HE" means guru in me :)
So please please!

Edited by - Anjesh on May 11 2018 1:47:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  2:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Anjesh

Could you please fill in this questionnaire:
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...PIC_ID=11628
so that we can understand what the problem is?

It may be best to start you own topic.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 11 2018 :  4:50:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anjesh, I'm afraid nothing in this thread was offered as emergency treatment for any sort of urgent crisis situation. It would be a mistake to view it or use it in that way. I'm afraid your guru let you down on this one.

I have offered here some chilled-out grounded ways to chill out and ground yourself, gradually, over the long term. It's a tonic if you've been engaged in overly geared-up practice. Unfortunately, from time to time highly geared-up people come across this thread in a geared-up state looking for geared-up solutions they can apply in a geared-up manner to fix problems they're all geared-up about. That's not what this is, I'm afraid. This is more about gearing-down.

If you want to take a nice cooling exhalation and embark on an approach that may eventually ground and chill you out, there's lots of advice above. I'd especially heed my oft-repeated suggestion to just act normally and do normal stuff with normal people and avoid falling into hyper-analysis of the terribly meaningful stuff going on with you. It's not so meaningful, I promise (you'll feel sheepish about it later, in fact). Your body is a bag of organs, well-optimized to function if you'll just let it do its thing while you play laser tag or learn pottery or play with your neighbor's kids or whatever. You don't need to manage it.

Get exercise. Walk...a lot. Cut back drastically on whatever spiritual stuff you've obsessed over to reach this state. Practice AYP - lightly, until you feel better - and heed its many, many "overdoing" warnings.

Good luck.

And please do answer BlueRaincoat's questionairre as a new discussion. This one is already getting super-long.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 11 2018 5:06:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Anjesh

India
4 Posts

Posted - May 12 2018 :  05:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Anjesh, I'm afraid nothing in this thread was offered as emergency treatment for any sort of urgent crisis situation. It would be a mistake to view it or use it in that way. I'm afraid your guru let you down on this one.

I have offered here some chilled-out grounded ways to chill out and ground yourself, gradually, over the long term. It's a tonic if you've been engaged in overly geared-up practice. Unfortunately, from time to time highly geared-up people come across this thread in a geared-up state looking for geared-up solutions they can apply in a geared-up manner to fix problems they're all geared-up about. That's not what this is, I'm afraid. This is more about gearing-down.

If you want to take a nice cooling exhalation and embark on an approach that may eventually ground and chill you out, there's lots of advice above. I'd especially heed my oft-repeated suggestion to just act normally and do normal stuff with normal people and avoid falling into hyper-analysis of the terribly meaningful stuff going on with you. It's not so meaningful, I promise (you'll feel sheepish about it later, in fact). Your body is a bag of organs, well-optimized to function if you'll just let it do its thing while you play laser tag or learn pottery or play with your neighbor's kids or whatever. You don't need to manage it.

Get exercise. Walk...a lot. Cut back drastically on whatever spiritual stuff you've obsessed over to reach this state. Practice AYP - lightly, until you feel better - and heed its many, many "overdoing" warnings.

Good luck.

And please do answer BlueRaincoat's questionairre as a new discussion. This one is already getting super-long.

Thanks, I specified "urgent" in the thread..To get reply from old thread.this experiences are there since 1 year. You gotsame exp as like me.i believed guru with in me,saving me always.you are another form of me who tasted this problem already.i will follow what you told.
I believe solution will be same irrespective of problem size.

Let us all be in peace....
He is braveness for me...
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2020 :  06:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jim and anyone else reading,
jim and his karma

I have tried the troat dialation exercise. In which I feel like a warm yawn close to the colarbone without tensing jaw and while having a relaxed toungue on the bump behind the teeth. I have studied the ’popping of ears and it feels like I apply this but to my throat dialation.

My questions are:

Do you mean that one shall dialate the full throat or do mean just the base?

Experiencialy , what does a flow down the front feel like? I have had some symptoms but I’m not sure whether to regard this as AYP related or under the hood-throat dialation related? My symtoms which I have experienced through my 2 weeks of carefully doing throat dilation: loosing feeling in my lower body, feeling cold sparkles in hands, feeling a bubble in my chest, plenty of warm feelings in feet and an ocational nice tingle in palms. These symptoms doesn’t usually flow without applying the dialation.

Sometimes when I dialate I notice how my neck muscles get tense, I sometimes relax them and sometimes not. Do you know if this is connected to the same muscle system or maybe it is just me? I feel it is specially connected to the earpopping feeling of it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000