Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Vajroli Mudra Practical
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ParamMudra

India
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  02:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit ParamMudra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I am doing yoga for 3 years. I m very new to "Vajroli Mudra". Can anybody help-
how do i start vajroli mudra ( these days i doing bundhas only)?
Kindly provide all the steps that i hv to do for attaining the complete mastery in this Mudra..
Is this mudra diagrammatically presentated on any site?

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  02:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As far as i know, this mudra one should never use in the long run. shortly one can just use root lock, and relax.

It took me along time to accept spinal breathing as being "exactly" what i was looking for, but it seems this combined with a light root lock, is all one needs, then just a good momentus flow.
But! im still learning, sublimination should happen awsomely, without the use of strenuiouse root locks and mudras. though mudras are good.

Read the free main and tantra lessons, it talks about it in their.

Go to Top of Page

ParamMudra

India
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  06:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit ParamMudra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks avatar, for ur suggestions.
Is there any video or book which can help me in vajroli mudra.
If any then plz tell me what r those n where can i find them
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  09:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2007 :  11:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ParamMudra, and welcome!

You have good feedback from Avatar. For some added perspective, check this post: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2951#25816

Also, mudras and bandhas (with some kumbhaka) added over time during our sitting practices (with a foundation of deep meditation) have a large effect on the rise of ecstatic conductivity and natural vajroli -- these include sambhavi, mulabandha, kechari, yoni mudra, dynamic jalandhara (chin pump), nauli (during asanas) and so on...

Sorry, I don't know of any video or graphic illustrations for mechanical vajroli. Maybe someone here does. It is sort of a moot point in AYP, since we don't recommend the athletic version of vajroli -- it can become a tangent in relation to maintaining a balanced routine of integrated practices, which is where the best results will be found.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  07:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering, what exactly is mechanical vajroli? Anyone wish to explain?

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2007 :  11:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering, what exactly is mechanical vajroli? Anyone wish to explain?

Hi Christi:

Mechanical vajroli mudra has been popularized through the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and is very misunderstood.

It is intentionally creating negative pressure (suction) in the bladder using uddiyana bandha, nauli, mulabandha/asvini, and additional control of the muscles around the bladder and prostate gland. The metric for this is how much fluid can be sucked into the bladder through the lingam. Some may use a catheter to develop this ability.

It is a practice that can bring much distraction in yoga, on the belief that it represents something ultimate in yogic accomplishment. It does not.

Vajroli mudra is only useful when ecstatic conductivity has been awakened, and then it happens automatically, with sexual essences coming into practical utilization in the evolving neurobiology higher up in the body. Until that happens, the forced drawing up of sexual essences is mechanical only, with little spiritual consequence. That is why I call it "mechanical vajroli."

Mechanical vajroli is sometimes viewed by men as a way to exploit women, aiming to literally suck the sexual essences out of women along with their own expelled semen. Some so-called yogis have bragged about this vampire-like practice in their memoirs, much to their discredit. It's got nothing to do with what we are doing in AYP.

As mentioned earlier, natural vajroli occurs (in both men and women!) with the awakening of ecstatic conductivity (kundalini), resulting from a balanced routine of daily practices over time. This is a much more practical and holistic approach supporting the fulfillment of yoga, rather than risking an extended sexual obsession, health problems, etc., for very little return with mechanical vajroli.

Mechanical vajroli (also referred to as athletic or gymnastic here) is not part of the AYP system of practices. Natural vajroli is.

For more on the AYP approach to vajroli, see: http://www.aypsite.org/T30.html
and
http://www.aypsite.org/T46.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  02:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Thanks for clarifying that.
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  2:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Guys,

Hi Christi:
Mechanical vajroli is sometimes viewed by men as a way to exploit women, aiming to literally suck the sexual essences out of women along with their own expelled semen. Some so-called yogis have bragged about this vampire-like practice in their memoirs, much to their discredit. It's got nothing to do with what we are doing in AYP.
All the best!

The guru is in you.

Hi yogani,

Why is that exploitation of women? It's the fluid that would have wasted anyway, correct?

Bhabani
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  2:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I could do it for a while, but have lost it (which is ok, I'm not really interested in working further on it at this point). But I dug up an old posting of mine that might help:

There's a little trick to hasten this. Lie on your back, and make a horizontal wrinkle in your abdomen, just below the rib cage. Move the wrinkle down, like a wave, through your navel and down to the pubic bone. Be aware that you're moving energy as well as flesh. Just before you get to the pubic bone, you'll find that your testicles jump (if you're male....for females I've heard it doesn't work so good). Practice hitting that point.

If you 1. have enough bhakti and discipline so that your orgasm buildup is always directed upward (rather than outward), and you 2. learn to do that move at the right time (it only happens if you master #1), you get natural vajroli.

OTOH, Yogani's absolutely right when he says, in the lessons, that it's counterproductive to put a lot of time into learning vajroli, because of the energy lost as you try to learn the move. My point here isn't to entice everyone into losing their energy trying to learn a skill. It's just a potential shortcut that may or may not get people there quickly. If not, don't sweat it. Learning it has not changed my life much.

from another old posting of mine:

work on pulling the energy before and at orgasm northward. it's not that hard to do, just requires bhakti and presence of mind. And once you do, the intensity level re: the sexual end of the orgasm won't matter a bit, because the heart is a much more satisfying conductor of this energy anyway.

In fact, the intensity level will soon matter so little that it'll be a cinch to integrate yogani's hold back method or to develop vajroli mudra. The downward/outward stuff will feel like a superfluous detail.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Oct 24 2007 2:37:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  3:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

quote:
Originally posted by gentlep

Why is that exploitation of women? It's the fluid that would have wasted anyway, correct?

Hi Gentlep:

The exploitation isn't primarily in the act itself, but in the psychology. There is little to no yogic value in this practice. So why do some men go to so much trouble to develop it? ... usually at the expense of developing a more balanced and effective routine of yoga practices. It's a macho thing that's got little to do with real yoga.

There is a logical sequence to the development of yoga practices that is tied to the process and experience of human spiritual transformation, as indicated more or less in the sequence of the AYP lessons, with vajroli being pretty far down the list. So why do some men come in obsessed with such a down the list practice? Sexual issues cannot be effectively resolved in this way. Much better to start at the beginning with deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama, and then learn the essential principles and practices of (pre-orgasmic) tantric sex as needed. By these means, sexual obsessions will unwind over time, and natural vajroli will be there as part of the evolving ecstatic neurobiology.

Natural spiritual development like this has nothing to do with focusing on mechanical vajroli and developing an ability to suck fluid out of women, which is a gross misallocation of sexual desire. Much better to redirect our desire into the mainstream of spiritual practices, which will facilitate our transformation much more effectively.

To put things in perspective, with the rise of ecstatic conductivity, natural vajroli occurs equally in women as it does in men. If it is not something our women can experience, we probably ought to think twice before running off on an obsessive and exploitive tangent. There are much easier and more pleasurable ways to keep the horse in the barn that will lead to good results for both sexes.

It's always your choice. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  1:17:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again All:

It can be added that from the point of view of ecstatic conductivity, sambhavi and energy flow in the head have a direct role in stimulating the rise of natural vajroli down below. In fact, with ecstatic conductivity and the accompanying linkage of sambhavi and mulabandha/asvini, natural vajroli is essentially a done deal, because it is the concurrent rise of sexual essences that feeds ongoing ecstatic conductivity. Vajroli is the natural upward flow of sexual essences through the urethra and bladder to support the spiritual biology in the mid and upper body, particularly the radiant form of digestion that occurs in the GI tract.

Of course, all of this is pretty much in the background as inner silence moves outward into daily living on the wings of our expanding ecstatic radiance. Who will pay much attention to the inner biology while dancing joyfully in the light?

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

taotanvir

India
21 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2018 :  10:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does mechanical vajroli lead to fertility problems like permanent retrograde ejaculations? Does it affect the erection potency Yogani?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000