Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Bliss from touching finger tips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TensorTympani

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2023 :  12:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi there,

I just thought I share this new "feature" I discovered 3 weeks ago and which I find very fascinating.

So what's new is that when I touch my index finger and thumb, or middle finger and thumb, like in these common hand mudras, there is an immediate rising of bliss. The point where my fingers touch (the lightest touch is enough) is also quite ecstatic, but more interesting to me is this immediate switching on of bliss that isn't localised to my fingers but penetrates my whole body and mind. This works also in daily life situations, even walking around. It always works and there is no concentration needed. It's really like a switch.

The immediacy of this effect is surprising to me because it is much faster than the effect I get from doing kechari or shambavi, both of which I have been doing regularly during sitting practices, and which usually take a while and some concentration to produce bliss.

Having bliss available without drugs was one my primary desires for starting a meditation practice, and now I have it literally at my fingertips

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2023 :  9:46:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Tensor

From my understanding of the AYP process, the deeper you feel inner silence, the more purification happening in your neural pathways, the stronger you witness and inquire of thoughts, the easier the body registers sensation. One sensation is not higher or preferred over another, subtle layers, the paradox of them being separate and together. When this body is in a state of simply being, relaxing the reins, I believe one day the understanding of the state of liberation will come from surrendering daily.

We are lucky to feel sensation, so many cannot. It is good you are playful in your yoga, life should lean into levity. Allow your play to arouse and play out, and radiate what you feel. More of a sponge than a jar. if you are concentrating too much to induce bliss, maybe inquire into that.
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2023 :  01:00:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dogboy,

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions. Radiating, self inquiry, and moments of witnessing have already sneaked into my life too. But I don't seem to be able trigger or control them in any way.
As a science-minded person I tend to report only those things which I'm very certain of. The bliss and ecstasy related things are just very cleanly reproducible for me, and there is absolutely no doubt for me that they are real and due to AYP.

Two months ago I switched to solar centering, which made my meditation much calmer, with less bliss and ecstasy. I tended to place the mantra at ajna (inside the brain close to the forehead) during DM which produced a lot of bliss. I think my DM and samyama sessions have become more effective with the solar centering because there is less distraction. Currently my desire is to find myself more often in that witnessing state during the day, so that I can explore its potential. I think there might have been progress in the last month, but it's too early to tell. I will report back once I'm sure, and enjoy the ride

Edited by - TensorTympani on Oct 03 2023 02:35:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

TensorTympani

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2023 :  12:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently searched the forums for "hand mudras" to see if other people discovered similar effects on their fingers.

I found these two old posts:

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...14070#119793

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...14657#124192

In the first one SeySorciere wrote:

quote:
[I]t is only very recently that I really understood "closing the energy circuit" much talked about, when the tip of my forefingers lit up upon touching the thumbs - totally cool. It was like I was holding a candle flame but much brighter between forefinger and thumb.

In the second post bewell wrote:
quote:
We all know of the hand mudra with thumbs touching pads at the tip of first fingers. No big deal. But then slide the thumbs down to the pad beneath the first knuckle of the first finger? Feel anything different? Now what happens when joy stick (erect or flaccid) is held between thumbs and first fingers at those second pads? ... with gentleness and joy.

There is a very reproducible effect for me when I hold my "joystick" (a dogboy-ish term) between the second pad of my index finger and the top pad of my thumb. It's like two point-like candles on both sides of my joystick are lightening up instantly and produce very intense but non-escalating pleasure. Very interestingly the effect is much stronger with the second pad of the index finger compared to the top pad of the index finger (in contrast to making the mudra without a joystick sandwiched between the fingers).

Is there any under-the-hood theory for this kind of stuff? How many easter eggs are there?

I'm kind of temped now to touch every part of my body with every other part to see what happens...

I wonder how many cool secrets like this are hidden in the depths of this forum. If anyone knows more please share!

One I just discovered today lying on the sofa when my feet slightly touched each other, the back of the left heel against the sole of the right foot.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2023 :  04:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We experience our spiritual aspects through our neurobiology, so it is really no wonder, once our system is ripe enough, to experience enhanced touch as we are having neural moments each time we touch ourselves with intention. I feel I have matured since that thread in that the challenge is now in the not doing; surrendering control when sensations arise, for instance, while deep in DM. Back then for this yogi it was push, build, and effort; now I am more observer, surrendering to ebbs and flows that come from my intention/attention, as one would a lover.

Enjoy your touch, it is a powerful and earned siddhi

Edited by - Dogboy on Oct 17 2023 05:01:18 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000