Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 So what are these obstructions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George27

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2023 :  11:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read about obstructions in the nervesystem. Obstructions from this life, even from former lives. And we need to get rid of them using DM and SB, bastrika etc.
But what exactly are these obstructions? How do they look like? Where are they located?

So far it’s all pretty abstract for me. Is there a lesson from Yogani about this specific topic?
Tnx!

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2023 :  02:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome George

Your spiritual self is found within your nervous system. This excerpt from lesson 138 might help, also you can search for answers on the AYP home page.

https://www.aypsite.com/plus/138.html

quote:
"Reconditioning" or "unconditioning" is a bit vague for me on what is happening. I like "purification" and "cleansing" better. Once cleansed, the nervous system becomes a clear two-way gateway to the infinite within us. It is semantics really. Whatever words work for you are okay, as long as you understand your experiences clearly on your own terms and don't misinterpret what is happening. Misinterpretation (and fear, when experiences get way out there) can lead to a loss of motivation to practice, so having an understanding of what is happening is important. Always, the main thing is that we are motivated to be doing our practices and getting reconditioned!”

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2023 :  1:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, George -

Obstructions are expressed as tensions in the nervous system - and overall tensions in all layers of your being before the One. These tensions distort our experience of what is here and what we are.

We are made of layers over layers, starting with the physical body, energy body, mind, intellect, bliss body, and the Self/the Divine/the One. Obstructions in the physical body feel like contractions, tensions, pain. In the energy body, they feel like blockages of energy. In the mind body, they are experienced as misconceptions and unfounded beliefs. In the intellect, they are experienced as misunderstandings. They are so ingrained that it is hard to see them and work them out. And here it comes yoga

Go to Top of Page

George27

Netherlands
13 Posts

Posted - May 05 2023 :  9:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, this is a great help

Edited by - George27 on May 06 2023 04:34:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Drystone

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2023 :  08:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Look out for ‘obstructions’ in dreams. I often wake to kundalini sensations after passing through an obstruction in a dream. It might be a tunnel that gets narrower as you move along it, a locked door or even parked bicycles in your way (just a few examples). These obstructions in my dreams often show up at the same time I experience a kind of irritability in meditation as energy rises and hits the obstruction, it’s a strange feeling which I liken to an inner struggle of some kind. These episodes (for me) are always followed by waking to kundalini sensations in the spine the morning after, which for me are like earthquakes in the body/head and can be followed by a feeling blissful relief of tension.

Not really answering your question but something I’ve noticed in my practice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000