Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Dharma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

th1996

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2023 :  5:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,

I have a question to the community. How important is living my dharma for my spiritual transformation? Can it be that I don't cultivate the witness because I don't live my dharma?

A little background: I practise since 7 years at least deep meditation for 10 minutes daily. I think there 'should' be some wittness. But I don't have the wittness, yet. I have some good energetic experiences. On the energetic side I can't complain but on the stillness part there seems nothing to happen. So, thats the reason I ask these questions.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2023 :  06:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear th1996,

I am not sure what you mean by dharma in this context. It sounds like you are talking about what we, at AYP, call The Witness. The Witness (aka Pure Bliss Consciousness) can be very subtle at the beginning of the journey. It is first felt as a certain calm during the flow of your daily activity or as peace /bliss when you are not active. It can be felt as an awareness of your inner space during your sitting practices.

Does any of that ring a bell for you?

My question would be - why are you limiting yourself to only 10 mins of Deep Meditation? Is it a time constraint or sensitivity to meditation.

Wishing you joy on your journey

Sey
Go to Top of Page

th1996

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2023 :  07:58:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Sey for your answer.

It is because of otherwise it would be too much. But currently I am at 5 minutes spinal breathing, 10 Minutes DM and 5 Minutes Samyama.

Yes, I sometimes feel such energies which have a calming effect, but it is not constant.

With Dharma I mean living the purpose of our/my soul. Like, there is the one way which my soul is meant to go. At example in the job, I have one job which fits to my soul. Do I need to find the "perfect" Job for me to cultivate the witness?

I have troubles with Depression and less energy in my live and a certain feeling which is drawning me down most of the time. I am in help which means I am doing a job which is meant for people which are mental ill. But sometimes I ask myself when I would be a yoga teacher espiacially ayp yoga teacher would I be happy and would there be more wittness?
Go to Top of Page

kapardine

India
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2023 :  1:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit kapardine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello th1996,

What do you mean by Dharma here? Dharma means 'truth'. Your dharma will be your truth. AYP practices (and any practice for that matter) should enable you to find your truth and be it. Already following your truth should add a nitro boost to your practices. It is much like Bhakti described by Yogani. Both of these should complement one another. As long as there is a conflict within oneself, the practices will remain 'stagnant'. I learnt a trick somewhere - 'Instead of addressing yourself as 'I did this, I did that', say 'kapardine did this, kapardine did that'. This should help you isolate yourself from yourself? Maybe this nudges a rise in witness?

- kapardine

Edited by - kapardine on Apr 18 2023 4:11:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

th1996

Germany
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2023 :  07:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kapardine

Hello th1996,

What do you mean by Dharma here? Dharma means 'truth'. Your dharma will be your truth. AYP practices (and any practice for that matter) should enable you to find your truth and be it. Already following your truth should add a nitro boost to your practices. It is much like Bhakti described by Yogani. Both of these should complement one another. As long as there is a conflict within oneself, the practices will remain 'stagnant'. I learnt a trick somewhere - 'Instead of addressing yourself as 'I did this, I did that', say 'kapardine did this, kapardine did that'. This should help you isolate yourself from yourself? Maybe this nudges a rise in witness?

- kapardine

Hello kapardine,

yes, with Dharma I mean this what you described. Thank you a lot for your answer. Yes, there is a little conflict in me. How do you think I can solve this conflict?

And this trick is amazing. Timo will implement this in his life :D

Best wishes Timo

Go to Top of Page

kapardine

India
18 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2023 :  06:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit kapardine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes, there is a little conflict in me. How do you think I can solve this conflict?

Courage? Really analyzing and finding out what is needed to be done (not wants to do)and then just doing it without thinking about ifs and buts. Lots of courage. Courage will come from will. Where to get will from? I really don't know. I am struggling with the same. Taking the entire jump in but my own mind is stopping me. The only resolution is will->courage->doing what needs to be done and there cannot be any other way. If there is any other alternative to it, I am all ears.

- kapardine

Edited by - kapardine on Apr 20 2023 08:57:29 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000