Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP Video Courses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2023 :  4:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

We now have an AYP video course available teaching Deep Meditation in Portuguese. This is the first AYP material available in the Portuguese language. The course has been built by Freddy Isacksson who lives in Brazil. It is a 4-week course. Full details about the course are available here

We are planning to release more courses soon in English and German. Courses that are currently being filmed are listed here

Christi

Parsifal

Poland
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2023 :  08:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
These online courses are definitely a great idea for people who are new to AYP and want to learn and try some basic practices. However, I wonder if these courses will also be beneficial for people who already know AYP techniques and practice them regularly for a shorter or longer period.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2023 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parsifal,

The Deep Meditation course in Portuguese that has just been completed is an introduction to the practice for people who are new to AYP. We are planning to release a similar course in English soon (filmed by me), and one in German (filmed by Michael Seidl), both introducing people to Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing Pranayama, plus a separate AYP asana course, filmed by Devrim Zahir, who teaches on the AYP teacher training courses.

After that, we will be filming courses on more advanced topics, such as mudras and bandhas, advanced pranayamas, samyama, and non-duality (advaita).

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal

Poland
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2023 :  2:43:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi for the clarification and additional information about future courses. I think those first courses focusing primarily on learning deep meditation are very important for attracting new people to AYP. Even though I'm not a yoga teacher, over the past few years I've been encouraging my friends to take up the practice of meditation and showing them the AYP website, especially Lesson 13, but very few have been interested in trying the practice. Now that it will be possible to learn deep meditation with video instruction and pay a reasonable price for the course, I think it will attract more people to AYP.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2023 :  6:52:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parsifal,

Yes, this is true. A lot of people want to learn yoga from a teacher they can see, and interact with (ask questions, get feedback from etc.). So, the plan is that this new video course platform will be able to provide that.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2023 :  10:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Over the Winter, Devrim spent several months filming a 21-day AYP Asana Video Course. The course is currently being edited, but should be available in the next couple of weeks.

It includes practice instruction for the AYP asana sequences including:

The AYP Abbreviated Asana Routine
The AYP Asana Starter Kit
The AYP Enhanced Asana Routine

It also includes instructions for a longer Extended AYP Routine, as well as some additional practices such as Upa Yoga, Surya Namaskar and the Five Tibetans. The course also covers how to integrate the mudras and bandhas, and siddhasana, into a yoga asana practice.

Devrim is a very experienced yoga teacher, and he teaches as a lead instructor on the AYP Teacher Training Courses.

The course takes 21-days to complete online, but access to the course is for two years, so you can progress through the course at your own pace. There is the opportunity to ask questions as you progress through the course.

When it is completed, it will be available here:

https://www.advanced-yoga-practices-academy.com/

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2023 :  3:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Devrim's 21-day AYP Yoga Asana Video Course is now available. It is an online video course, so you can take the course in your own time and at your own pace. If you want to take the course you can enrol here. There is a short video on that page by Devrim, where he talks a bit about what is in the course.

The first three days of the course and the last asana class are publically viewable. They can be accessed via the curriculum on the page linked to above.

The course is taught in English.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2023 :  1:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I have spent the last month in the Himalayas filming a video course about Deep Meditation practice. The course is now available. It is a 5-week course covering the basics of DM practice, some of the intermediate stages of the path, such as the cultivation of the witness, and some of the more advanced stages of the path of meditation.

The course is rolled-out gradually, with new videos becoming available each week. There is also the opportunity to ask questions using the comments sections inside the course. Access to the course is for two-years.

Full details and sign-up are here

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2024 :  07:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I have just finished filming a short online course which is an overview of the AYP system. In the course, I talk a bit about the different areas of yoga that AYP covers including things like Samyama, Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, managing kundalini and so on. Do feel free to take the course (it's free). Also, if you know anyone who is interested in AYP, but is not sure what is involved and what the system covers, then do share the link to this course with them.

It is about 40-minutes of video in total (15 videos) and is in English with subtitles. Towards the end of the course, there are links to help people find various things such as the Public AYP lessons, this forum and other AYP support forums, Yogani's radio interviews, AYP training events and so on.

Details can be found here:

www.advanced-yoga-practices-...ourse-english
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000