Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Meditation seat with prosthetic for Siddhasana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zenflesh

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2023 :  12:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

As a designer and practitioner of yoga, I am interested in exploring the topic of prosthetics for Siddhasana. I am curious if anyone has had any experience with utilising objects to support the perineum during meditation. I was thinking of creating a meditation seat featuring a raised area in the centre, specifically designed to support Mula Bandha. I would love to know what you think about this. Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks so much

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2023 :  5:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have used a racketball during a period when my knee was injured. That worked well for me.
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2023 :  10:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a cool idea. I can imagine that it is very different for people how soft or strong the pressure is wanted (which might be a challenge for this design).
Go to Top of Page

zenflesh

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2023 :  11:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I really appreciate your responses . I have had many people around tell me about using racketballs and other sorts of balls. I think the round shape of it really helps for the purpose.

Thanks @lightandlove, It can get really experimental I think when it comes to the hardness of the prosthetic. I was thinking of fabricating the meditation seat in wood and making the prosthetic a separate component which can be then placed on the seat according to people's comfort. I am not sure as to what materials I can think of for the prosthetic which could be made in different hardnesses so that the product is fit for use to all kinds of yogis.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Jac

Switzerland
28 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2023 :  12:03:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi zenflesh,

I use round stress balls that I cut in half. They are interesting because they have different hardness.
Go to Top of Page

zenflesh

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2023 :  6:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jac,

Thanks for your response. That's really interesting! Your trick not only helps provide varied hardness but also a beautiful hemispherical shape that would work perfect for the perineum
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000