Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Shiva, Vishnou, Brahman
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2023 :  4:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I began to read about hindouism and particularly the divinities of the trimurti Shiva, Vishnou, and Brahman). In the AYP there’s no explicit reference to them, only to the chosen ideal (ishta). By chance I haven’t receive any kind of spiritual education as a child: In France the education is purely secular and my father were against all form of religion (Free Thinker).

However I felt the need of something superior and choose to adress prayers to Lord Shiva.
In hindouism, He is associated with transformation and also destruction (I understand: destruction of ignorance and impurities). It appears of great help for the process, we are into :). In the same way is Lord Vishnu associated with protection and is Brahman with the origin of Consciousness

I wish each of these 3 deities could help me on my way to realization. Each of them in their own particular way. I also wish that I could meet people here in AYP who also choose them as their ishta, (or maybe just one of them) ! I would also need some piece of valuable information about them, not only random internet gathering :)

Cheers, Niels

iamthat

India
14 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2023 :  5:53:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Niels,

Trimurti: Vishnu , Shiva and Brahma (not Brahman: as in Advaita teachings ,Brahman is the Formless Ultimate reality). Trimurtis or Tridevas as many call them are the prime deities largely worshipped in Sanatana Dharma.
There are usually two systems of sadhana in Hindu system- Nirgun Nirakar (worship of formless) and the Sagun Sakar (worship of deities with form or certain characteristics). Different methods for people of different inclinations

AYP is more like the latter type where we practice specific techniques(DM,SBP,Samyama etc) which are very powerful on their own right to bring about the intense levels of samadhi.

Whereas many people are inclined towards form and shape worship of deities/form even Krishna/Hanuman/Godess Shakti/Lakshmi/Saraswati etc to emotionally connect with their preferred Ishta.Japa,Bhajan,Kirtan,rituals etc are usually the practices here.

Whatever the path is, it needs fuel(Bhakti) to keep going & being regular in whatever path/sadhana one may choose.

Just my two cents.

Peace
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000