Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Celebrating one decade of AYP practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2023 :  5:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey #128075; everyone
I am celebrating the completion of 10 years of AYP practice. I started my DM practice exactly 10 years back. A lot has happened in these years. I was struggling with depression (and obesity) when I started out. Sometimes I forget how dark those days were. I am very grateful that I came across AYP. My practice has been steady throughout all these years, thanks to the very clear emphasis laid on the importance of regular daily practice in the lessons by Yogani.
Many thanks to Yogani and the AYP community here.

I do not post very often in the forum. Hopefully, I will be more active here in future. Anyway, Goodbye #128075; and all the best.
Just felt like sharing this with you all.

Edited by - Umang on Jan 22 2023 5:57:16 PM

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  12:52:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a half year behind you and the path is fresher than ever, me thinks and feels
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  06:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing Umang. Glad to hear you have made it past the 10 year land mark.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  1:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Umang, well done. Congratulations!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  2:56:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Umang.
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal

Poland
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2023 :  3:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations Umang . 10 years is a very long time. I too would like to stay on the AYP path for so long. For now, I have barely two months of continuous practice.
Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2023 :  04:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone
Hopefully, I will be able to maintain the same dedication for as long as it is needed.
Namaste Parsifal. Yes, we all share the same desire to stay on the AYP path for a very long time. During the initial years, it was relatively easy for me because I worked as an assistant teacher. School timing was regular and I had very few social obligations. During the school hours also, I had a lot of free time available to read the AYP books. So, I guess those things made a big contribution in maintaining a steady routine of practices. The forum also could have helped a lot, unfortunately I haven’t been very active here.
After a couple of years, I was hooked to the AYP practices and there was no chance of leaving it. I did come across other teachers and paths but I always approached them for ‘food for thought’.
I assure you that you won’t have to look outside of AYP for spiritual practices. If you want to do yoga for health or fitness, you might want to explore other resources. The very good thing about the AYP path is that it is compatible with any kind of lifestyle. There is enough room for creativity at the same time it is rigid enough so that one does not get lost. It is kind of like the path of a river, where there is complete freedom to move ahead and at the same time river-banks are there to make sure that one does not spread too wide making little progress.
Just as the river reaches the ocean eventually, I pray that we will reach the ocean of bliss.
All the best on your path!
All glory to the lord and his devotees.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  06:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inspiring words, thank you Umang
Go to Top of Page

nina

USA
31 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  5:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit nina's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations, Umang!
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2023 :  8:05:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000