Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 I have question about Nadi Sodhana Pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jolly

Korea
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2023 :  04:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello
Im in asia, and I'm interested in third eye chakra, kundalini yoga and such, but here, there are no serioous spiritual yoga classes, so I'm stuck with practicing alone until I can travel abroad sometime later to get proper classes.

I have some questions.

1. In my research, I found that for safe kundaini awakening, all the nadis have to be purified by hatha yoga asanas.
After doing a year of hatha yoga poses and asanas and nadi sodhana pranayama, can this akwaken sushumna ?

2.Does Nadi Sodhana on its own, if done consistently, awaken sushumna nadi?

Jac

Switzerland
29 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2023 :  2:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jolly and welcome to the AYP forum,

It is not necessary to travel abroad to follow spiritual yoga classes, just follow the AYP teaching starting here:

https://aypsite.org/10.html

The practice begins with deep meditation:

https://aypsite.org/13.html

After a few months you can, if you want, add spinal breathing pranayama:

https://aypsite.org/41.html

The combination of deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama will safely awaken kundalini, nadi sushumna and third eye chakra. Spinal breathing pranayama acts directly on the sushumna nadi, while nadi shodana acts on the ida and pingala nadis.

If you want, you can do some asanas before the meditation.

The next online retreat will deal with kundalini awakening:

https://www.aypinternational.com/on...3-kundalini/

Jac

Edited by - Jac on Jan 25 2023 2:51:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4370 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2023 :  2:16:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jolly,

Welcome to the forums.

You have received good advice from Jac already.

To answer your questions specifically, both yoga asanas and nadi shodhana are very gentle practices, when it comes to purifying energetic channels and activating kundalini. This means that they could both be practiced for many years, without having much effect on the subtle nervous system. And we see this being played out in yoga classes around the world. There are many yoga classes where all people do is asana practice, with a short period of nadi shaddhana at the beginning of the class. And the people who attend the classes, do not, in general, experience the awakening of kundalini. In a few rare cases, it can happen. And when it does, it is often because the person was already very sensitive to spiritual practices.

That does not mean that we should not engage in these practices. They are both very useful in yoga, and will have some effect. But, their effect is mostly to prepare the body and mind for more serious practices, such as Spinal Breathing Pranayama and mantra meditation. It is these latter two practice, that are much more effective at purifying the body and mind, and preparing the student for the awakening of kundalini.

I recorded a short podcast last year for YouTube, on the subject of asana practice, and its role in relation to yoga here. I don't mention nadi shodhana in the podcast, but that can be regarded as similar to yoga asana practice, in its effects.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000