Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 What did I experience during DM?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bonsai

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2023 :  5:44:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been working though and practicing the AYP lessons for a few months. Before that I spent about 6 months doing daily vipassana meditation. What I've experienced so far in meditation is a greater overall sense of wellbeing and occasionally brief moments of stillness during meditation when I'm able to really quiet my mind and focus on the mantra.

Today while doing DM and repeating the mantra "shree shree I am I am", I started really noticing where in my body I was feeling each part of the mantra. For the most part, it felt like where you would feel the vibrations in your body if you were to say the mantra out loud. Shree felt a little bit like a high pitched bell in the top of my throat. "I am" slowly changed into "I-um" and I could feel the um starting in my throat and moving lower towards my diaphragm.

This is when things got interesting. The "um" felt like it was moving from my throat down the front of my chest and then when I got to the "mmm" part, it felt like it was scooping upwards behind my heart and there was resistance. Like it took physical effort to finish and move the mantra up past my heart. It created a pit-in-my-chest type of feeling and it continued each time I got to that part of the mantra and lasted for a few minutes.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Was I working out some kind of blockage inside? Or maybe I was just getting distracted during my meditation and should have gently shifted back to saying and hearing the mantra. Curious what other think.

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2023 :  3:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bonsai,

The mantra can work in different ways in the body and mind and can be felt moving in the body. So, this is quite common.

And yes, if you notice you are becoming distracted by the movement of the mantra in the body, then gently come back to the mantra again. Also, if you notice the mantra has changed to a different sound, like AYUM, then gently come back to AYAM again.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000