Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 earplugs: yes or no ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2022 :  8:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody,

I'm extremely sensitive to noises around me. I have my 5 month old baby crying on the inside and traffic on the outside, which distracts me all the way during my practices. That's why i'm using earplugs everytime I meditate. Are some of you also using it ? Do you think it may have influence on my meditation ?
Thank you for your answers. Bless, Niels

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2022 :  01:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Niels, My take on this is it isn't critical. I am sound sensitive but have found I can now tolerate noises in my environment and still meditate. Wearing earplugs likely will deepen your experience but may make you dependent on them. If you misplace your earplugs on vacation, as an example, it may throw you off. As a corollary of this I often try meditating when camping in nature. I find the idea of it appealing but find it harder to find a comfortable positiion on the ground and often am distracted by insects and environmental stuff. Meditating indoors in a quiet place is a bit like earplugs for me. I definitely don't go as deep when outside just because of the logistics. In the end I do what I can and it all works out in the end. My two cents.
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2022 :  3:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you paul,
I'm actually able to do it without earplugs (tried this morning without them!). Bless, Niels
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000