Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 For those with 24/7 bliss, is that all there is?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  05:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been into ayp and similar disciplines/practices since my early 20's. I am 30 now and am fortunate enough to have been in 24/7 ecstatic bliss for 10 years now. For those of you who are much older or have been in ecstasy for much longer, is there anything to look forward to in the living other than self realization and nirvana?

Is having this degree of metacognition and prana for so long never led to anything other than that? No siddhis? No way for the self emergent to really effect the physical through the nervous system?

I'm honestly more than content if bliss and self understanding is all there is, but I'm also curious as to if anyone is really reaching different boundaries? If there is anything else to look forward to? Anything else real, not just scenery?

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2022 :  11:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lkwthnu,

It sounds like you are doing well on the path. If you have been following the AYP writings, then you will probably be aware that ecstatic-bliss is a stage on the path. A milestone, that we "barely notice" as we fly on by.

The stages on the path after ecstatic-bliss are unity, liberation and Divine Love. This is a gradual dissolving of the sense of "ego", the sense of separation. Once we reach this stage we could not be asking the question "is there anything more", because it wouldn't make any sense. Anything more for who? In unity, everything simply is, like emptiness dancing. Everything dancing in love, and as love. This is the only real siddhi there is.

If you find yourself asking the question "what more is there?", then that is the call to continue with your practices. It is the call to take the next steps on the path. The transition to unity, is seeing that we do not exist in the world, but rather that the world exists within us. We can see this directly, in any moment. It is always already the case. It is just that we have been fooling ourselves for so long, that we sometimes find it difficult to notice. And this transition to unity is also the transition to Divine love. Because, when we realise that the world exists within us, and that we are pure consciousness, we see directly that everyone else is that same pure consciousness. There is nothing that separates any of us. And that seeing of the absence of separation, is love.

There are various ways that work to lift the veils of the mind: Samadhi, bhakti, self-inquiry and so on. How we do it is not so important. The key thing is "surrender". That we gradually surrender the sense of being someone who is going somewhere, who is "progressing on the path", or moving forwards in time.

At this stage, the path is like walking a tightrope. We have to be able to do two things simultaneously. One is to practice in order to progress on the path. The other is to gradually see through the illusion. To see that there is no one who can progress on the path, and no path to progress on. Gradually we see that we are that which contains everything that moves, and we are everything that moves.

Seeing That requires grace. So, fundamentally, at this stage on the path, we are making ourselves worthy of grace, through the process of surrender.

This process of surrender, and becoming fully receptive to grace, is discussed more in this lesson:

Lesson 338 - Bhakti - You are the Doorway

The process of transitioning to the state of unity is described more fully in this lesson:

Lesson 350 - Practices for Moving Beyond the Witness Stage

Christi

Go to Top of Page

greymatter

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2022 :  9:05:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate. I am 29 and have been at this since I was 19. Entering your 30s can be a difficult adjustment. I personally feel like I was meant for something great, but remain obscure and irrelevant to society despite my efforts. Do you have a career or a family of your own?
Go to Top of Page

hawd90

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2022 :  02:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, I don't know if it is the same for you but I have had all negative emotions disappear completely. For a while anger was the only one left to get rid of, but I recently increased my daily practice, to increase the energetic load and that too has now disappeared. As well as this my desires for external things have completely disappeared also. As a result I have found myself not even working anymore because money is meaningless to me. I have enough to survive on and I don't require any more than that.

I have had this happen to me despite being in the ecstacy and bliss for only 1 year so far (via spiritual practice).

Have negative emotions and worldly desires been eradicated for you to?

Edited by - hawd90 on Oct 06 2022 03:21:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2022 :  04:37:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have no real career or family of my own. Have a lack of negative emotion or worldly desire in general. Kind of funny just chopping wood and carrying water in complete ecstatic union, makes me question is this really it? Seems so.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2022 :  06:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by hawd90

Hi, I don't know if it is the same for you but I have had all negative emotions disappear completely. For a while anger was the only one left to get rid of, but I recently increased my daily practice, to increase the energetic load and that too has now disappeared. As well as this my desires for external things have completely disappeared also. As a result I have found myself not even working anymore because money is meaningless to me. I have enough to survive on and I don't require any more than that.

I have had this happen to me despite being in the ecstacy and bliss for only 1 year so far (via spiritual practice).

Dear Hawd,

If I may out in a word of caution, losing interest in engaging productively in the world is a sign of DM overload and self-pacing is required. Remaining lost in ecstatic bliss is not the end goal. DM must be balanced with daily activity.

Best wishes on your path,

Sey
Go to Top of Page

nina

USA
31 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2022 :  2:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit nina's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lkwthnu,

You may also be interested in this lesson as it addresses the question in some detail: Lesson 258 - Divine Ecstasy - Is That All There Is?

Nina
Go to Top of Page

hawd90

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2022 :  3:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

quote:
Originally posted by hawd90

Dear Hawd,

If I may out in a word of caution, losing interest in engaging productively in the world is a sign of DM overload and self-pacing is required. Remaining lost in ecstatic bliss is not the end goal. DM must be balanced with daily activity.

Best wishes on your path,

Sey

Hi, my current daily practice consists of 1 hour pranayama, 1 hour chakra meditation and 1 hour samyama. I now have a lot of energy surging through me, but it is nothing I can't handle, as I have reached higher states before. In between spiritual practice I do a daily 10 mile run, walk the dog multiple times and do general odd jobs around the house, so I do move around quite a bit. It's just the material world doesn't interest me, along with money and everything it can buy. I think this is because I feel 100% complete on the inside and I know anything outside of myself is just an illusion anyway, just like a mirage.

The highest state I reached was after I had just finished a chakra meditation and the last chakra I was spinning was around 2 metres above my head. I came out of it obviously full of estatic energy inside my body and full of unconditional love pouring out of my heart area, but also I felt a force field of energy enveloping the outside of me. This outer force field effect only happened that one time. My theory is that this was the etheric body that surrounds the material body being supercharged and thats why I could feel it moving around the outside of me like electricity. Along with this came a huge urge to go out exploring and an inability to sit still.

Back when I was doing chakra meditation exclusively (3 times a day), day by day the energy swirling at each chakra location became stronger and stronger. Eventually it became so strong that it felt like a violent throbbing in the direction I was spinning it. So I then experimented with it and moved my focus all around and sure enough it felt like a finger was being pushed and dragged around my body. I think what was happening was the regular chakra medition was honing my ability to focus the prana more and more, so what i was experiencing was the increase of energy concentrated on the particular point of focus.

Not long after that, after I had done a chakra meditation the previous night where I stayed spinning the bindu for around 30 minutes, that's when the amrita started to pour out of the back of the head, where the bindu is located. The amrita is completley distinct from the bliss and ecstacy and I would say it feels even better. There is something really other worldly about it. The amrita only lasted for around 2 weeks as I never spent the same amount of time focused on the bindu chakra again, due to exploring different practices.

These are just a couple of things I have experienced in higher states, as well as there being some kind of protection bubble effect, as if reality bends more and more the higher you get and things just seem to constantly go your way. It is for that reason that my goal is to keep reaching higher and higher to see what else can happen.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2022 :  6:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hawd, Your post has stimulated a variety of thoughts. First of all, it sounds like you are having quite the adventure. I've been surprised over time how rich these experiences can be and how removed from the day to day experiences of most people they are. It does sound like your path is very different from AYP. This will likely result in much push back on this forum. Having 3 hours to meditate daily, do a 10 mile run and walk the dogs multiple times puts you in a unique position with more free time on your hand than most people. As such, it is hard to completely relate to your journey.

Yogani describes his journey, at least from a fictional perspective in his book The Secrets of Wilder. AYP is a refinement of his explorations, distilling a focused and effective path for others to travel without the trappings of energy overload AND with the intention of providing a practice that can be done by "householders", i.e. people who have a job and families to engage with and time limitations. Your journey reminds me more of the stories I read of people who go off to India and go deep into practices in an Ashram. Ultimately there is no way to compare these different approaches.

The fundamental question that comes up for me in reading your story, and many others like it, is what is the destination. Is it to live in higher and higher levels of ecstasy, removed from reality? Christi offered some nice links sharing the AYP vision of Unity. I have been in conversation with other seekers who have reached these intense ecstatic states ultimately to question what's next as even in the most rarified places they sense a calling to something more. Although this idea of "outpouring of divine" love sounds very lofty, as does "enlightenment" I can't help but wonder why we are really here. My naive gathering thus far is to be a source of love, trying to make the world a little better than when we came.

Please come back and share your insights from your journey. Yogani's teachings can serve as a lighthouse for you if you get lost on the path.
Go to Top of Page

hawd90

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2022 :  05:08:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

hawd, Your post has stimulated a variety of thoughts. First of all, it sounds like you are having quite the adventure. I've been surprised over time how rich these experiences can be and how removed from the day to day experiences of most people they are. It does sound like your path is very different from AYP. This will likely result in much push back on this forum. Having 3 hours to meditate daily, do a 10 mile run and walk the dogs multiple times puts you in a unique position with more free time on your hand than most people. As such, it is hard to completely relate to your journey.

Yogani describes his journey, at least from a fictional perspective in his book The Secrets of Wilder. AYP is a refinement of his explorations, distilling a focused and effective path for others to travel without the trappings of energy overload AND with the intention of providing a practice that can be done by "householders", i.e. people who have a job and families to engage with and time limitations. Your journey reminds me more of the stories I read of people who go off to India and go deep into practices in an Ashram. Ultimately there is no way to compare these different approaches.

The fundamental question that comes up for me in reading your story, and many others like it, is what is the destination. Is it to live in higher and higher levels of ecstasy, removed from reality? Christi offered some nice links sharing the AYP vision of Unity. I have been in conversation with other seekers who have reached these intense ecstatic states ultimately to question what's next as even in the most rarified places they sense a calling to something more. Although this idea of "outpouring of divine" love sounds very lofty, as does "enlightenment" I can't help but wonder why we are really here. My naive gathering thus far is to be a source of love, trying to make the world a little better than when we came.

Please come back and share your insights from your journey. Yogani's teachings can serve as a lighthouse for you if you get lost on the path.

Hi, this whole thing started for me over a decade ago when I was not spiritual at all. I met what they call a twin flame and that is when I started having spontaneous chakra openings accompanied by strong visions of this person. As well as this my pineal gland was expanding every day flooding me with ecstacy, this is when i first experienced it and I became addicted. It would happen to me while running, hence why I still run to this day. After 2 years of this and many twin flame related paranormal experiences, it stopped. I was then back in a low state of conciousness and the materialism and negative feelings returned.

During the next 10 years, my life fell apart and I knew the answer was to get back into the ecstacy, as I noticed that my external reality was definately affected by it. The only problem was that I knew nothing about spirituality and I thought the answer lay in exercising intensely to bring it back. Obviously I failed, until one day I decided to give chakra meditation a try, as someone had suggested it to me and to my suprise it worked.

I understand that most people don't have the free time that I do, but that is because I have a small mostly passive income from software I wrote quite a few years ago, so that has given me the opportunity to do this.

To answer your question, yes I want to reach higher and higher levels, because I have a drive deep down inside of me to do it. I feel that doing so will give me the answers that I have regarding the twin flame. Such as who are they (on a soul level) and what is the purpose of it. I'm not really the religious type but I have been listening to a few of the hindu gitas and I think they are correct on what they say about breaking the reincarnation cycle, so this is also my goal, as I definately don't want to come back.

You see the problem with the twin flame label, is that it has been popularized and the majority of people claiming that they are one, are simply not. They are getting caught up on a thing called the 'chaser/runner dynamic' and they are skipping past the key characteristic which is the spontaneous chakra openings, upon meeting the person in question. That makes it very hard for me to find other genuine twin flames, so that I may hear their stories.

I did read that one trait of twin flames is that they have the capability of rapid spiritual growth. This explains why the effects were so quick for me upon starting spiritual practice.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2022 :  06:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Hawd,

My awakening was also kick-started by a Twin-flame and exactly as you described, I experienced spontaneous opening and alignment of the chakras at a time when I did not even know what a chakra is. And that happened from the very first moment I met this man (complete stranger). I also experienced many paranormal and astral experiences related to him. Our conversations were half verbal, half mind. Then I fell so low that I woke up.
And someone introduced me to AYP.

I spent the following 10 years chasing him in anyway and anywhere (State) I could - trying to find answers. During the past 16 years, with consistent AYP practices, I have evolved spiritually and was slowly able to let go of this experience (who am I kidding? Almost. ). Longing for him turned into longing for Truth and the Divine. And a letting go off trying to find answers.

We live in a realm of duality. Highs will always fall into lows. The approach is transcendence leading to integration of highs and lows -"the middle way" (Buddha)

I wish you the very best on your path.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

hawd90

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2022 :  3:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Dear Hawd,

My awakening was also kick-started by a Twin-flame and exactly as you described, I experienced spontaneous opening and alignment of the chakras at a time when I did not even know what a chakra is. And that happened from the very first moment I met this man (complete stranger). I also experienced many paranormal and astral experiences related to him. Our conversations were half verbal, half mind. Then I fell so low that I woke up.
And someone introduced me to AYP.

I spent the following 10 years chasing him in anyway and anywhere (State) I could - trying to find answers. During the past 16 years, with consistent AYP practices, I have evolved spiritually and was slowly able to let go of this experience (who am I kidding? Almost. ). Longing for him turned into longing for Truth and the Divine. And a letting go off trying to find answers.

We live in a realm of duality. Highs will always fall into lows. The approach is transcendence leading to integration of highs and lows -"the middle way" (Buddha)

I wish you the very best on your path.

Sey

Hi, yes I can totally relate to your experience, especially the half verbal, half mind conversations. I remember their being a lot of strong empathic episodes and of course the connection never dies, it just fades and then comes back with a vengeance. The universe seems to not want you to forget them, because I have lost count of the events that have occured since then, that have clearly been designed as triggers.

In my case they too were a barely a stranger, who I would regularly bump into and have small conversation with. We have no contact with each other, so I have no idea of what they experienced on their end.

I'm guessing it is the same for you that you are attracted to them on a soul level and their face has a familiarity to it that you can't explain, as if your body is telling you that you have known this person for ever, but your logical mind says no you don't.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2022 :  01:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moving, and sad simultaneously, chasing it down to let it go. Peace to you both.
Go to Top of Page

Aknaton

Zambia
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  12:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lkwthnu

I've been into ayp and similar disciplines/practices since my early 20's. I am 30 now and am fortunate enough to have been in 24/7 ecstatic bliss for 10 years now. For those of you who are much older or have been in ecstasy for much longer, is there anything to look forward to in the living other than self realization and nirvana?

Is having this degree of metacognition and prana for so long never led to anything other than that? No siddhis? No way for the self emergent to really effect the physical through the nervous system?

I'm honestly more than content if bliss and self understanding is all there is, but I'm also curious as to if anyone is really reaching different boundaries? If there is anything else to look forward to? Anything else real, not just scenery?

Hi hi, the path of awakening your self and expanding/growing in it doesn't usually lead to siddhis or energetic manifestations. Like it's said, there's a shiva side where you learn about your self, and then there is a shakti side where you learn about purpose/manifestion of that self.

We see that Yogani awakened self, grew and expanded and through this, his AYP system, books, retreats and miscellaneous resources have helped many many people. What you have is a self awakened nature, what you are missing is a 'reason d' etre' if I can call it that.

Awakening to self is one side, now you have to sojourn on another path of understanding the purpose of that self you have awakened to a great degree. Why were you born? What effect must you have in this universe before you leave? These questions unlock purpose, and purpose is manifested shakti. Your awakened self now seeking to express itself in the various bodies, gross, astral, causal, so on and so forth & understanding why you are given/wearing these bodies. If awakening is all, then you become an arahat. That's may have a good imprint on humanity in general to some degree, but if you can't benefit sentient beings, then your an arahat. Buddha chose not to be an arahat. He awakened and identified his purpose to spread the dharma. Enlightenment was there, but it wasn't in a systematic and well elucidated form as the Buddha shared it.

Are you meant to be a guru like Yogani? Are you meant to be a healer or a shaman? Who knows, maybe a politician, lol!!! I believe that's your next step, finding purpose & executing it, it's a beautiful path! A fragrant flower isn't a flower until we see its radiance, smell its fragrance & tasted its sweetness!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000