Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Experienced Samadhi for an instant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wonderd

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  02:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone. While I was following along the below Kriya Yoga meditation daily, I experienced Samadhi for an instant. I lost perception of the body, and as soon as I realized it, I snapped out of it. My question is, how can I advance myself past this?

https://youtu.be/gCyoa2XPV5o

The Samadhi experience was towards the very end of the meditation where he makes you imagine your heart is radiating light and expanding.

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  2:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Practice -practice- practice.

You got to samadhi not by chasing the experience, but by practicing meditation. Keep meditating and it will happen again.

If you want to learn more about the process of meditation, you could start with Lesson 13 and its following lessons. The method used in the AYP is different than what you do, but the underlying process is the same.

Best wishes on your chosen path.

The guru is in you.

Edited by - Blanche on Sep 13 2022 2:40:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  6:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderd, I completely agree with Blanche. It is a key tennet of Yogani's teachings. I was attracted to AYP initially after a kundalini awakening with a different practice. I wanted to reexperience this intense energy. What I found by commiting to a regular practice was a variety of wonderful experiences opened up to me that I didn't even know could exist. It is so easy to cling to pleasurable experiences. If you can trust in the process and commit to a stable and regular practice you will find yourself bathing in bliss, but it will require focusing on the process, not the experience. Good luck on your journey and reach out if you have questions.
Go to Top of Page

wonderd

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  8:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000