Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Purification of Sexual Energy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MagusDraconis

Israel
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  8:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP Forum, I have recently bought Yogani's deep meditation book and practicing it twice daily for more than a month.

While I am on the spiritual journey for many years already, I have noticed how with deep meditation, and with observing my thoughts, lots of lustful thoughts surface and sometimes I act on them as self-pleasure and sometimes I become aware of it and it stops there. I was wondering if it is also part of purification or should I be more concerned? Thank you

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2022 :  03:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Magus, welcome!

One month in, I would not expect much purification has happened yet, although continuing with a dedicated daily practice will move things soon enough in that direction. One of the hardest things for beginners is recognizing you have left the mantra because of “thoughts”, and dismissing them by again putting gentle attention on the mantra. This difficulty lessens the more you meditate daily. In time, inner silence increases and thoughts lose their foothold on your attention.

Lustful thoughts surfacing, particularly if they have appeared unexpectedly, could be the result of purification. If they are occurring in practice, dismiss them and return to the mantra. If they are occurring outside of practice, it might be helpful to be with them in silence to examine and ask of them why this, why now? When inner silence is strong enough, sometimes an answer steps forth. It is also worthwhile to inquire of yourself if you should act on these thoughts. The mind is threatened by silence, and random thoughts are one way it manufactures a distraction from silence. By using the silence you are developing from your disciplined practice to examine these very thoughts, you may soon discover why have manifested. Witnessing your thoughts is an early fruit of practice.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2023 :  09:07:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Interesting topic.

2 schools of thought. exxamine the thoughts and figure out why they are coming too.

Or do not feed the thought. Dismiss them and they can no longer feed off of you, if that is not the path you wish to pursue.

In terms of lust.

What i found when i was practising SBP and DM consistently for months, was suddenly during meditation the sexual urge was sparking. And i have always been someone with a low sex drive. I had read about it on here, and took it to be a sign of progress

quote:
Originally posted by MagusDraconis

Hello AYP Forum, I have recently bought Yogani's deep meditation book and practicing it twice daily for more than a month.

While I am on the spiritual journey for many years already, I have noticed how with deep meditation, and with observing my thoughts, lots of lustful thoughts surface and sometimes I act on them as self-pleasure and sometimes I become aware of it and it stops there. I was wondering if it is also part of purification or should I be more concerned? Thank you

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000