Enlightenment Milestones
 Cant do karma yoga still.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2022 :  4:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,
I was just trying to vent out my spritual experience to you lovely members in this site.
I know there are advanced practioners here who can give advice. Offcourse I used to follow aypsites method in my past but don't really follow it anymore. I learned about the pranayama and "I am" meditation.

So I used to smoke weed and meditate for 4 hours a day for a month. This was 12 years back.. So predictably I got premature kundalini awakening. I was about to die but I held on and didn't really let go of my body so I didn't get the enlightenment experience of all is God...
But I know and experience that I am not my body or mind.
I actually strongly follow advaita vedanta and communicate with my gurudev with bhakti yoga..so mantra meditation 1st then advaita meditation of just trying to be the awareness then 5 minutes of rest like aypsite says.. just modified ..haha
So I lost my strong awareness self after I had near death.it was only there for 3 months...
So now currently I feel really aware but also I have lot of bhakti bhaav towards my ishta deuta ganesha..
Also now I am trying to psychedelic shrooms..Of course ganesh bhagwan told only to try very little...and also I still smoke weed..I am very Tamsic but also spiritual and have this daily practice. Only do one time a day though... also not consistent in the weekend

But my thing is I haven't been able to karma yoga..like I try do karma yoga and it only last for few seconds before I get lost in the Maya and start thinking I am the body and mind...Say in normal life I am mostly a normal person and have to Remember that I am a ganesh bhakta or sat chit amanda...but it only last for few minutes or let's day temporarily in this bhyabharik world..I am advatic and dualistic and believe both is really the same.
Any advice for me guys

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 21 2022 4:36:52 PM

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2022 :  8:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance,

Good to hear you are making progress!

With karma yoga, it sounds as if you are aiming a bit too high, too soon. Remembering the Divine constantly, whilst engaged in action, is a karma yoga practice, but it is high level. Who can do that? Maybe a few people, but not many. Remembering that we are pure-bliss-consciousness (sat-chit-ananda), whilst engaged in action, is also a high level practice that few people could manage for more than a moment.

My advice would be to start out simple. Start by paying attention to your thoughts and motivations during actions. Why are you doing the action? Who for? What do you want to get from it? Are you able to act without ill-will, or resentment towards others? Are you able to act in a peaceful and loving way? Just noticing these things from time-to-time, will change the way we act.

Then, after some time, begin to notice if you are holding on to the fruits of your actions? Or are you able to let go of the fruits? To "surrender" them. If you clean the floor, are you then attached to the "cleanness" of that floor, or are you able to let that go? When you do something to help someone else, do you expect to be thanked and praised when you finish? Or, are you able to simply serve, asking for no reward?

These are simple and easy ways of beginning the practice of karma yoga. It does not matter if we are advaitic, or dvaitic in nature. Everyone can do these practices. Then, gradually, over time, as we act more and more in a peaceful way, with no ill-will, acting out of service and love, and we are able to surrender the fruits of our actions, then we will find that we are remembering the Divine. This is because the qualities of the Divine are love, and peace, and surrender. We will also gradually come to notice our true nature as sat-chit-ananda, because the qualities of that are the same.

There is more on this topic in lesson 120

Christi
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2022 :  2:34:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @Christi

That is very helpful. I have recently talked with two vaisahnavs.One was hare krishna school and other was Vish*ta Advaita guy.
I could answer all the question from advaitiv view point.We had a friendly discussion but ya they tend push the agenda that only Krishna Consciousness can achieve us the ultimate Knowledge. So according to them a Buddhist, or Chirstian can never attain it.
hehe.
So I also just clearly understood that we need to have a Bwitri or Thoughts about the Highest self as much as possible.Somehow that didn't feel as important as it is.
Now I understand it fully. That's why I posted here after a long time and I already god good advice..Thank you the creator of Aypsite #9996;#65039; #128591;
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2022 :  2:37:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think Aypsite mostly follow Pantanjali which seems to be Raja yoga. I also know we ask to have bhakti bhav here. So where does ayosite fall under?
Bhakti yoga and Raja yoga?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2022 :  3:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance,

AYP does embrace Bhakti Yoga, and Raja Yoga. But also includes Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Karma Yoga, Dhyana Yoga, Tantra, Vedanta and so on. So, it is an integral approach, that can be practiced by anyone. That includes Buddhists, Christians, Jains, Muslims, Shaivites and Vaishnavites.

Some of the teachers that have inspired me the most over the years include The Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama), Jesus of Nazareth, Jalal al-Din Muhammad Rumi, and Krishna. I see them all as teaching essentially the same thing, which is how to end the perception of division and separation, and how to live a life founded in love.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  02:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christi,
I just looked at the main topic in the left of the site and yes, you are right.
Yogani is a true online Guru for me. I am a very spiritual kinda person and all the different sadhanas from different school of spirituality is just mind blowing to me..
I have just decided to be more open and try to follow more spiritual experiences and pathways.
I liked the idea of Tantra and kundalini yoga. I alsonfelt my energy merge with my wife once but then was when I had no idea about spirituality..

I am also gona try Shrooms soon. Also I had a question for u guys here, have u done psychedelics?
I have read a lot of trip report and there many counts when a user feels like existence it self, while some experience being looked at by the whole universe like with Arjuna when he sees Biratroop of this universe.. Also this experiences really seems similar to visuals u see when focusing on Chakra in kundalini Yoga.
I communicate with my Ishta Deuta Ganesh. And he told me to just try very less shrooms..So I am gonna try 1 gm ... Usually we need 5 gms for a heroic dose which usually gives ego death experience without any need of meditation and practices.. As long as u know what is going on...Thats where Gyana Yoga is important..I think I am prepared now but still scared when I remember I was about to physically die due to kundalini !
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  08:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear iseekbalance,

If your intention of doing shrooms is to catch a glimpse of the expanded State of Consciousness and Oneness, then it can probably give you that - but the experience will last only as long as the effect of the psychedelic is there. I believe, however, what we are all aiming for is to live from that State of expanded Awareness, right? So psychedelics will not help there.
In fact, one key aspect of living from the non-dual State is non-attachment and you cannot achieve this if you get attached to the use of psychedelics (not saying that you are). So psychedelics are not the best tool in my opinion. We are left with the "hard way", which is daily practices. Daily practices is your best bet.

Wishing you the best on your path.

Sey

Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  10:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere,
Thanks for the reply and advice.
So ya I want to do it for a experience. I do not expect it to last but do expect some good effects to last for few days to weeks to months.
Now the thing is in Advaiata, You can known the Ultimate Truth once you hear about what its true nature is via Upanishads, reason about it, and then Anubhav it or experience it.
Since I have already mentally reason out what "I" or the "ParamAtma"s true nature is .. If I get the experience of it too then I would expect it to be permanent (According to Advaita as I would have the Shruti, The reasoning and then Anubhav) .

Please anyone who also follow advaita vedanta advise if that is the case.
Also, My assusmotion is that the psychedelic trip where u experience you being the God of the universe is same as the one we get after all the spritual practices. Of course, This is just my assumption. I have never used psychedelic before.

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 23 2022 10:15:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  10:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance,

Usually direct perceptions of the true state of reality (the Self/ Paramatma), come at first in fleeting glimpses. It could be a long while between one glimpse and the next. Usually it takes many years to transition from the stage where we begin to have glimpses, to that state becoming permanent. How long that takes, will depend on the state of purification of our subtle nervous system.

In general, drugs, including hallucinogens, will tend to damage the subtle nervous system. So, even though they can give momentary glimpses of truth, which will wear off in a few hours, or days, the overall journey may eventually take longer than it would have done otherwise, because of their use.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Jac

Switzerland
28 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  1:20:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi iseekbalance,

About drugs this AYP page might interest you :

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...OPIC_ID=2109

I wish you the best on your way.

Jac
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  1:29:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for that Christi.
I definetly never thought I would ever try shrooms but after hearing trip reports I want to try it once.
I didnt know that shrooms could mess with our nervouse system after use.
Hmmmm ..But hopefully trying it once doesn't effect it much.

Now , I watched a Video of Swami Tadatmananda experiencing Kundalini Yoga . So I never focus on my third eye from the lesson I read here.
So , Today I did Ishta Deuta Mantra Meditation but focusing the third eye and All I can say is the Form of Lord Ganesha was more Visually real then normal.
Also, Lot of visual psychedlic visuals people get focusing on each chakra was very similar to Shroom user's trip reports.
Even Lord Ganesh Told me to try less shrooms so I will not over experiment with it.

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 23 2022 2:31:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  2:31:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2022 :  7:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Iseekbalance, I was intrigued by your comments in your latest news "Been more than 1 month and 2 weeks when i understand what life is.." I admire your enthusiasm for connecting with Truth. Looking back on decades of seeking I have found few people have found an "understand(ing of) what life is". Often looking back they realize ego has a powerful way of framing things. Psychedelics are a powerful gateway to altered states. I have had some experiences that left residual karmic baggage that has taken years to clear. For many people psychedelics open themselves to other realms. Sam Harris talks a lot on this subject. He was inspired by his psychedelic experiences and now focuses on meditative practices as they are the more stable path. Yogani has outlined a very safe path which, after years of other explorations, I have vetted to be a powerful and safer road to self discovery. I wish you safe travels however you explore.
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2022 :  02:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

Iseekbalance, I was intrigued by your comments in your latest news "Been more than 1 month and 2 weeks when i understand what life is.." I admire your enthusiasm for connecting with Truth. Looking back on decades of seeking I have found few people have found an "understand(ing of) what life is". Often looking back they realize ego has a powerful way of framing things. Psychedelics are a powerful gateway to altered states. I have had some experiences that left residual karmic baggage that has taken years to clear. For many people psychedelics open themselves to other realms. Sam Harris talks a lot on this subject. He was inspired by his psychedelic experiences and now focuses on meditative practices as they are the more stable path. Yogani has outlined a very safe path which, after years of other explorations, I have vetted to be a powerful and safer road to self discovery. I wish you safe travels however you explore.

Hi Paul,
Haha .I feel I was given a cheat code with all these incredible plants.. I have to say my pre mature kundalini awakening was due to smoking weed. If I hadn't smoked weed, I couldn't have meditated for 4 hours..hehe..It was like a very fun thing to do after smoking weed. Like it was more fun than gaming.. And I have to say after I met person from aypsite in a park I'm baltimore. he introduced me to Aypsite. From this point of view in the present, Yogani might be my 1st or 2nd guru..Hehe.
I went to bhakti yoga due to knowledge in this site. I am a born hindu but spituality was a much for me. My elders talk about God everyday but that is die to our culture. I never felt they actually known it..Sonthats why this site really felt logical and I got a lot out of it.

After checking back here after 10 years or so. I am again intrigued with all the different sadhanas and perceptions I haven't explored.. Especially Tantra .. I want to have Thouhjts about spirituality and I must say I can't find any forum where I can get an actual advice from a spiritual person..
Unfortunately, I don't have anyone physically spiritual close with me so I have to 100% really in the guru within me and my Gurudev Ganesha
.And actually this is not to bad eyyyy ..
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2022 :  04:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Iseekbalance, When you say "I can't find any forum where I can get an actual advice from a spiritual person" I am not sure that is true. There are many spiritual people on this forum. It is true Yogani doesn't frequent the forums much anymore but his wisdom has infused all of our lives and their are many here who have a deep connection with spirituality. If you are looking for a personal guru, that isn't something you will find here. Yogani's teachings are all about finding the guru within. With respect to psychedelics opening the doorway to your awakening, it is definitely a path for some. AYP is more about a slow, stable path to enlightenment. 4 hour meditation sessions and intense experiences, although fun, often create instability, premature kundalini awakenings and lack a true stable path to the Truth. Many find an interest in spiritual matters after intense experiences (as I have) but the real journey is the path of the tortoise not the hare.
Go to Top of Page

iseekbalance

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2022 :  03:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

Iseekbalance, When you say "I can't find any forum where I can get an actual advice from a spiritual person" I am not sure that is true. There are many spiritual people on this forum. It is true Yogani doesn't frequent the forums much anymore but his wisdom has infused all of our lives and their are many here who have a deep connection with spirituality. If you are looking for a personal guru, that isn't something you will find here. Yogani's teachings are all about finding the guru within. With respect to psychedelics opening the doorway to your awakening, it is definitely a path for some. AYP is more about a slow, stable path to enlightenment. 4 hour meditation sessions and intense experiences, although fun, often create instability, premature kundalini awakenings and lack a true stable path to the Truth. Many find an interest in spiritual matters after intense experiences (as I have) but the real journey is the path of the tortoise not the hare.

I mean forums other than Aypsite.. I know there are great practitioner here that's why I have started posting here. I knew in my mind this is the place for advice. Sorry if my language made you think otherwise. I don't expect yoganis reply. I didn't even knew he replies in this forum.Haha. Aypsite made me realize about pacing and balance. I don't really need a physical guru .. My true guru is my Gurudev Shree Ganesh.

Edited by - iseekbalance on Aug 25 2022 04:15:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000