Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 bhastrika + antara kumbhaka = zap
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rerince

Austria
15 Posts

Posted - May 19 2022 :  09:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
bhastrika followed by antara kumbhaka results in a pressurized building of energy, then a powerful "surge" wherein I occasionally lose my senses for a bit (2-6 seconds)

When I come to, I'm slowly involuntarily exhaling while my whole body is buzzing. It's slightly uncomfortable.

The more breath I take in prior, the more likely the surge is to happen.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 19 2022 :  10:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - May 25 2022 :  5:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is good to lower your breath count before antara kumbhaka at this point. Just do as many you can do for a comfortable kumbhaka. You will see over time that 1. during one session of practice you might increase the amount of breaths (e.g. first round 5 breaths before kumbhaka, second round 10 breaths before kumbhaka,...) and 2. you might be able to increase after many weeks or months of practice.

In AYP bhastrika is even done without kumbhaka. Before I found AYP I used to do bhastrika with many many breaths and kumbhaka, but since I tried the AYP version without kumbhaka, but with a longer breathing duration (several minutes) and breathing in the spine, I started to even prefer it as it is less demanding and still very effective. I found there is no point of doing intense bhastrika kumbhakas
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000