Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Blood in the mouth after meditation (1/2 cup)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2022 :  10:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello there,

I practicate using the AYP method for over a year. I carefully follow the structure: pranayama, deep meditation with the mantra, samyama, Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka, then I rest for a few minutes, in order to make a smooth transition to my active life. I used the mantra « IAM », which I recently (2 months ago) expanded to « SHREE SHREE IAM IAM », which led to positive results. I experienced a lot of colours, and also the Sri Yantra during the Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka.
One day i tried meditation with the mantra « OM », which of course was not recommended by Yogani. However, I could feel the power of the « OM » mantra in my stomach, producing very interesting vibrations. This drives my bakhti in a very strong way. For a week I switched to the mantra « MOI » (which I already used as a little child, without any introduction to meditation in any way.), very similar to « OM » and kept using this. Yogani was not advising at all… but i did it anyway, driven by my growing bakhti. I felt in my daily life the growing presence of the « swa » , and many manifestations of something bigger than the common experience.

Today, after my weekly swimming session (30 min), i began my daily meditation, and this is when the « blood thing » happened. I’m still under a certain emotion when i write these lines.
Things have gone very intense, very rapidly. I have had very weird reactions, like those of a warrior, showing my teeth and growling. After that, I stopped it, engaged pranayama, and experienced what some would call a cosmic orgasm. Even though i’m a male, I experience intense « cosmic » chills, and then a penetration in the pelvian region. I became sexually really activated and felt like a female in the middle of a very beautiful orgasm, rubbing energetically my genitals on my bed.
I have tried to raise this great energy to my ajna, with spinal breathing . My entire body was in a state of vibration. The moment i inspired, i felt a rush of blood in my mouth. It were not a few droplets, it were approxiately a half cup.
I don’t feel safe at all about having so much blood coming out of my throat, and saw no one experienced on the forum until now I lied for a few minutes, with big chills, no pain, but a very intense relief. I came to my wife who appeased me for a long time.

Can someone tell me what should I do? I feel lost and would need help on that one.
Love

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2022 :  01:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Neils, welcome.

I have never heard of blood in the mouth as a spiritual symptom before, and it sounds distressing, a symptom perhaps related to a gastrointestinal problem? An ulcer perhaps? I would rule out any physical malady first, and schedule an appointment with your doctor.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2022 :  06:19:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Niels,

I also do not have any comment on the bleeding - it has never been reported in the forums. I wish to comment that you are clearly over-doing. I would strongly recommend scaling back and grounding.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2022 :  09:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In addition to my first post:
I’m 29 years old and do amaroli on a daily basis. I also chant the gayatri mantra when I have a few minutes in my day. I don’t do asanas, since I never found suitable practices for spiritual enlightement, only highly marketed classes, that only target well-being. Beside Yoga I’m a musician, and I also do sports, in order to keep the mind-body balance.
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2022 :  10:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot for your support. I already went to the doctor, which notice nothing particular in my blood test. Since I have no pain, he could not engage further diagnosis. The blood is only rushing during meditation, or shortly after. With all due respect, I don’t think doctors give the best piece of advice in that situation.

After a night of sleep, I came to the point that the bleeding has something to do with the swimming a few hours ago. I could feel the heat in my body, particularly in my lungs. Sports, so practiced, is definitely not compatible with meditation, although the feeling gets particularly intense and drive my Pratiahyara like never before. The rush of blood might be something like a purge, or cleansing.
I will keep my practice on the low for a few days. Love, Niels
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2022 :  10:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Niels, Welcome to the forum. I had two reactions to your posts. First, I would not give up on exploring a medical cause for your blood. Second,the variety of practices and the quick adding of different practices you describe does raise concern for an excess situation. When you say "I will keep my practice on the low for a few days" I would suggest longer. Bakhti is important but too much of a good thing can be a problem. Grounding and self pacing in this setting are very important as you may find things spinning out of control. When you suggest you ignore Yogani's advice that should tell you something. Other than the blood this does sound like a Kundalini excess to me. Although I can appreciate the draw of the cosmic orgasm you describe, there is a price to pay for pushing too hard. The good news is you will be able to tap into these wonderful ecstatic energies but take it easy so you don't burn out too fast.
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2022 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Paul,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the bakhti. I have to say that I feel wonderful, delighted, with a very clearly mind. I also feel my anger has been released through that experience, and I can feel myself « being the silent witness » in my daily life. To summarize, it has helped me a lot, and brought me a few steps forward.
There’s no blood anymore. Even when blood was there, there was no pain, no coughs, just intense energy flowing through me. I read in this forum (another topic) a post about the Qi, that goes: « Where the energy goes, there goes the blood ». So here we are.

Yesterday, before going to the bed I just read the lesson #250 which insists on the importance of the practices, rather than the experiences. Yogani says that the experiences don’t take part to the enlightment process; they just happen, and that’s all. What matters is how you feel during the day and also the quality of the sleep. Having read this, i went on with practicing, returning to the previous mantra « SHREE, SHREE, IAM IAM », and everything went fine. I believe stopping my practices is not what I should do at the moment.

I’m very thankful about your posts, It really helped me. I hope it will help other people, who are on the same delightful, divine path. There are moments which are more intense and difficult than others, but I strongly believe it makes you stronger. Well « what does not kill you… »

Love, Niels
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2022 :  8:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Niels, Glad to hear things have settled down and that you are feeling better. I will admit the physician in me gets activated when I hear concerns raised on this forum that are more suggestive of medical than yogic cause. 1/2 cup of blood is always something not to be ignored. I agree these practices are powerful and the energy is likely associated with increased blood flow to various organs. Should the blood return I would get it checked out again. I share in your enthusiasm for the practices and agree one should keep at it and not get too focused on the "scenery", although Yogani frequently cautions about overdoing things and "self pacing" is a regular theme of his teachings. After a stable period of practice I have had to self pace and dial things back as I recently experienced the "flywheel effect" and have found more aggitation in my daily living after a long period of stability. Based on your comments about releasing anger and feeling wonderful you may very well not need any significant adjustments at this time.
Go to Top of Page

Niels Jacob

France
40 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2022 :  6:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Paul, which kind of « flywheel effects » have you experienced ?
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2022 :  05:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Niels, Sorry to be elusive. Yogani speaks of the flywheel effect as experiencing increased "purification", i.e. kundalini symptoms well into a stable practice as one becomes more sensitive to practices that have previously been tolerated. In recent weeks I have become more irritable in my daily life which I've attributed some to increased ecstatic symptoms. Fortunately, at this stage in the game, it seems relatively easy to dial things back.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000