Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Advice regarding healing Specific Health issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aditya69

India
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2022 :  05:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi! Im Adi.

My spiritual journey so far: I have been doing Dr Joe Dispenza’s meditations for 5-6 months, I have read books By Dr David Hawkins, Neville Goddard and other related manifesting stuff. I have some questions regarding Manifesting healing and Manifestation in general. I have a very visible skin condition (vitiligo) which makes me very insecure and self conscious. It has obliterated my self-confidence and is a huge barrier in me living my dream life, being confident, finding a partner etc. Any help would literally change my life so please bear with me. My understanding to manifest healing is: picture (with heartfelt feeling) an event which implies my skin has healed and the colour has returned, and then have faith in the wish fulfilled (Neville Goddard way) My questions:

1: Will simply doing the above mentioned steps be enough (without any specific effort to make spiritual progress but simply remaining in a state of joy from within) or I have to focus on consciously energizing my chakras or a specific chakra or awaken the kundalini, stimulate the 4th chakra because Dr David Hawkins says Love heals?

2: How does meditation play into me manifesting my healing? Any specific recommendations?

3: If 1&2 are not correct, a detailed step by step solution would be very appreciated!

4: Can one progress spiritually towards higher levels of consciousness and still pursue goals like a dream partner, house/car, job (not for show-off but simply to enjoy these material objects? Because otherwise, what is the point if not to enjoy all that life has to offer. I would like to experience that fast exciting life first before the calm, serene, laid back, relatively uneventful, constant blissful ecstatic life (as described some advanced people on this forum) life of the spiritually advanced (I might be wrong on this)

With warm regards and love,

Adi

Moderator note: Edited for formatting only

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2022 :  6:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adi, Welcome to the forum. You raise some interesting questions. Although this forum is not here to provide medical advice I do have some experience with this condition. The emotional impact it can have on individuals can be profound. Although medical treatments are limited, there certainly are options for treatment and for camouflage. With respect to manifesting healing, that is the territory this forum is more set up to address. Having been an AYP practitioner for ~ 3 years I can relate to your desire to manifest changes in your life whether on your skin or in your relationships/job etc. Within AYP there is the practice of Samyama which I see as the link to this world of manifestation, however, this practice is more about releasing one's intention into the world without any control. Yogani shared these lessons as a method to help people find a safe path to enlightenment. The journey is one of letting go of our need for control and moving in the direction of trust in an inner knowing. Your desire to experience "the fast exciting life" is normal and appropriate for someone in their 20s. One can develop a deeper inner life and still enjoy excitement in one's outer life. You will not find advice here on stimulating the 4th chakra or intentional effort to manifest healing as that is not how these teachings are structured.

Now to your specific questions
1. I don't think so. Scientists have a long way to go to understand autoimmunity. A positive attitude can go a long way to easing suffering. There is a trap in putting such effort into an attempt to reverse the assault on ones melanocytes. I have never seen a person will their skin to regiment. I suspect there are yogis out there who have achieved these types of effects but after years of inner work. You are potentially setting yourself up for a lot of suffering if you spend a lot of effort trying to reverse this poorly understood immune imbalance. I recall spending a lot of time as a younger man trying to move objects with my mind. There may be individuals who can do this but likely when they finally have that ability that is not something as important to them. I, interestingly, after some very intense concentration trying to move a coin saw the odd feeling I felt in my head was the feeling of my new found ability to wiggle my ears!
2. The mantra based meditation that is reviewed in these lessons is powerful. It is the first step on the path to health. I do strongly recommend committing some time to these practices. I suspect you may find some of what you are looking for after doing the practices. In the end this life is a challenging journey. Spending time being grateful for what you already have and taking the steps to create changes in your life through actions are going to lead to a more reliable outcome than the power of intention. This isn't to say releasing your good intentions into the world won't have effects, I just feel we can put too much attention towards these things and get distracted from more practical solutions to our problems. Ultimately you will attract your dream partner by becoming a dream partner. Follow your passions. Work hard in the real world to make things happen. Let go of repetitive thoughts that don't add value in your life. For me meditation is a powerful tool to focus the mind. Smart phones and the internet have made us all very distracted. Social media has created a platform for people to feel inadequate. Within the still mind is peace. Within that place of stillness comes access to your true power. These are the thoughts of one guy thousands of miles away decades older than you. I wish you a happy life and know it is available to you but may require some more flexibility in terms of how you achieve it.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2022 :  11:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Adi

I would agree with Interpaul, in that pursuing a spiritual path is best done with an open mind with regards to the outcomes. It is possible that it may solve your skin problem, but there is no guarantee. What you can be sure of, is that the spiritual outcomes will be worthwhile, whether it will be better health or something else, something that is not even on your wish list right now.

quote:
Originally posted by aditya69
My understanding to manifest healing is: picture (with heartfelt feeling) an event which implies my skin has healed and the colour has returned, and then have faith in the wish fulfilled (Neville Goddard way)

This approach may have benefits for people in which the Witness/consciousness is already well developed (either because they have been born with this gift, or as a result of an effective meditation practice). Unless this condition is present, this approach will not give results.

quote:
or I have to focus on consciously energizing my chakras or a specific chakra or awaken the kundalini, stimulate the 4th chakra because Dr David Hawkins says Love heals?

Intepaul has given you the medical take on this. I will add a yogic one:
While skin issues are associated with the 4th chakra, my experience has thought me that there is a basic problem with a chakra targeted approach, especially when you're a beginner in yoga.
Some teachers talk about chakras (whether they mean it or not) as if they were a set of drawers, more or less separate from each other. When you become aware of your spiritual anatomy, you realise the chakras are so interconnected that working on one is very likely an overly simplistic approach. What is, at first sight, a problem on one chakra, may be strongly connected with an imbalance on a different chakra. So I think Yogani is closer to the truth when he proposes a whole system approach, which is how AYP works.

quote:
How does meditation play into me manifesting my healing? Any specific recommendations?

You probably found the answer to this in what I already wrote above. Meditation lays the foundation for any cleansing or healing we might hope to achieve.
You may find that cleaning the subtle body with yoga practice solves some of your health imbalances.
It is also possible that better awareness of your body helps you work out solutions, even when there is no medical help. This has happened to me more than once. As it happens, one of the issues I solved this way was a skin problem, so I'll give you the story, briefly: I am predisposed to melasma, which is the hyperproduction of melanin, leading to unsightly brown spots, especially on the face. At some point in my 30s, it got so bad that I could not conceal it with foundation, so I went to a dermatologist. Who kindly explained to me what it was, and told me there was no fixing the root cause, but bleaching the skin might achieve some cosmetic improvements. Well, I didn't get to pursue the cosmetic solution. In a succession of events that was seemingly unrelated (serendipity? or manifesting results trough yoga? Who knows...) I happened to read something about lipid peroxidation and the effects of excessive amounts of unsaturated fats in the body (free radical damage, free radical chain reaction and all that). So I got really curious about this and I did an experiment on myself - for several months I chucked out of my diet unsaturated fats as much as I possibly could - replacing vegetal oils that are liquid at room temperature with butter, coconut oil and cocoa butter etc. In a few weeks I knew the brown spots on my face were slowly fading away. In 6 months they were gone! I could only conclude (without being an expert) that the excessive melanin production in my skin was a reaction to oxidative stress.
So you see, I did find a solution to my problem, with no aid from the medical profession. But I had to be confident, for all those months while I was doing the experiment, that I was not doing any harm to myself by consuming predominantly saturated fat (which have been vilified for decades). And I was confident, because my self-awareness, after years of yoga, was pretty good, and all the signals I was getting from my body were encouraging me to carry on with my saturated fat diet.
You understand, of course, that I'm not proposing a solution for vitiligo, which has different causes from melasma. I'm only telling you this to illustrate my point that improved awareness can help your health in more ways than one. So a meditation practice will stand you in good stead. Going back to where we started, even if you don't manage to fix your skin problem, an effective spiritual practice holds the promise of a more fulfilled life. Of course we all pursue happiness. If you read through this forum you will see that nobody is here because they've decided to turn their back to what life has to offer. Far from it!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2022 :  08:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One other thought:
If I had an autoimmune condition, I would explore fasting. Go to YouTube and search for David Sinclair (he is a researcher at Harvard Medical School). There are videos in which he explains how fasting triggers autophagy, a process through which the body dismantles faulty genetic material e.g. proteins that are responsibly for giving wrong signals to cells, causing disease and accelerating ageing. The videos include practical info too - how to organise your daily food intake so that you get a period of fasting every day, food supplements that may help (sirtuin activators) etc.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 20 2022 08:11:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 16 2022 :  1:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Adi !

Just wanted to contribute my two cents towards the skin discussion.

I dont think you can go wrong incorporating the practises here! Not at all ! if anything it will bring you into the flow of life, and bring things into ur life that are meant for you and in the right timing. whether thats clearing up a skin condition or any other health condition. When the student is ready, the teacher appears, can be applied in many ways!

Approx two years ago now, i was diligently practising the AYP. What happened was after three months of practise, i met a partner. Well, he was into health big time, and introduced me to his health protocol. One of them was a skin product. I have such sensitive skin and have had skin issues for a very long time. but i was open to trying something new. Well it did improve my skin (not vitiligo) just reduced inflammation and i had seborrheic dermatitis also.

I still to this day use the products as well as my teenage son.
But anyway the point of my post is that with these meditation practises it puts you, in effect, to drawing towards yourself what can heal you. This has been my experience. but i saw a direct correlation between AYP practises and this product suddenly appearing in my life

I did actually manifest this prodcut within my minds eye, but it was rather unconsciously done and lo and behold it appeared.

Hope this helps you a bit.

Edited by - SparklingDiamond on May 16 2022 2:00:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 16 2022 :  2:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BlueRainCoat

I just re read your reply and I'm interested in the oils that you mentioned

I have read that vegetable oils are not great for the body. The only thing i have found is that when i change my cooking oil, which is rice bran oil, over to the fats such as butter or coconut oil or cocoa butter, that these hard fats tend to clog my pores and i break out. Any other suggestions you may havve? I would like to stop using these inflammatory vegetable oils, but without creating a skin condition.

Thank you for bringing up this important health point!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000