Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Blockades in the Head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2022 :  3:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

During the last few weeks I realized that there is a strong blockade in my head region, from lower head to the third eye. It feels like energy can't flow there and I struggle to allow it. It seems like I'm stuck there in my head so to say.

Does anyone have advice or experiences to share?

I remember that there are some lessons on that, but I couldn't find it yet.
I started to do some bhastrika from lower head to the third eye now.

Moderator note: post edited for formatting only

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2022 :  9:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lightandlove,

There are many things that you can do to clear energetic blockages in the head. One option would be to do nothing, but simply to continue with the basic practices, allowing them to clear the blockages when the right time comes.

A second course of action would be to add practices that are designed specifically to work on that region. Shambhavi mudra is designed to increase the flows of prana up to the ajna chakra. So are Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka and Dynamic Jalandhara Bandha. Targeted Spinal Bhastrika will also work on that region, if you choose, say, the heart and ajna chakra, as the two end points. Heart Breathing also works on the same region.

So, there is no shortage of practices that are designed to purify the head and especially ajna chakra. Of course, it is not necessary to use all of them. Keeping it simple can be the best approach. And any that are used should be taken on carefully, one at a time, following the procedure in this lesson.

And these additional practices do not only work to purify energy blockages in the head region and the ajna chakra. As you probably know, they have many far reaching effects on the subtle nervous system and on the process of awakening.

Hope that helps,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

celestialzero

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2022 :  6:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi,

Many thanks for your arrows pointing to those practices. The Dynamic Jalandhara Bandha practice seemed a little difficult to grasp the specifics of what is being described (kind of a head roll, or just a back and forth tilt). But I believe the others will be of some use. It's struck me as just really bizarre. I think I've waited long enough with the 'do nothing' approach for this problem. Perhaps it'd melt away in another 4 years on it's own, but the frequent feeling of it can be quite vexxing. It used to be much worse, so it has improved over the years. But it is still a problem.

Hoping for a big improvement in this soon. Fingers crossed.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2022 :  8:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Celestialzero,

Yes, dynamic jalandhara bandha is a head roll practice. Going around in one direction first, and then changing directions at the end of the inhalation.

There is a video of Devrim doing the practice on the AYP Plus site here

And this is the description from the lessons (underline added).

quote:
"So, we are sitting in siddhasana. We do our standard inhalation from the root up the spinal nerve to the point between the eyebrows, and we hold our breath closing the windpipe in our throat in the regular way we hold our breath using the epiglottis. Then we have ourselves in mulabandha, uddiyana, sambhavi and kechari, and looking out with attention through the third eye, all the same as in yoni mudra kumbhaka. With the chin pump, our hands are resting easily on our knees or thighs.

Now, with lungs full, we begin to rotate our head slowly to the left, then back, then right, and then we let it "fall" down toward the chest in a faster swooping motion, sweeping across the bottom from right to left, and coming back up the left side of the circle, slowing down, and then around and dropping down again, and again, and so on. So we are making a slow circle with our head, except for the faster falling/swooping down toward the chest going from right to left. We keep doing this circular head motion when we are ready to let our kumbhaka out at the comfortable limit and are going back down the spine with our breath... " [Yogani] From lesson 139

And yes, some blockages can take many years to shift, which is why we have all the additional advanced practices available. In fact some blockages can take lifetimes to shift, unless we give them a little helping hand.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

lightandlove

Germany
85 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2022 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

thank you very much for your answer! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000