Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Muscles cramping, strange perceptions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbqmaster

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2021 :  5:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey folks,

I'm writing today with some concern. My muscles have been cramping up more and more over the last months, until recently it's becoming a problem. I will see my doctor soon, but wanted to ask if anyone has experienced anything like that as a result of yoga practices.

Also my joints seem to be popping all the time, and feel... weak. This has been increasing steadily since I started last year. Shoulders are popping when I lift my arms up suddenly.

My practice is only 3mins sbp + 10-15 mins dm. No more locks and switches, none of that seems necessary. Simple hatha feels very ecstatic, especially around the legs and groin areas - which need constant stretching. Head still bobs up and down a lot.

My feet are buzzing softly, almost all the time. My tongue has started to buzz sometimes, too.

The top of my head... that's a different story. It's like I have a baseball cap on, backwards. It catches me when I'm daydreaming, like there's something on my head all of a sudden. With some people it begins to heat up. Other times it's like there is a rod, or a thing going from cerebellum to the third eye, diagonally.

Is this the crown?? Does this sound like normal development??

Guys there is so much novelty happening to me that I can barely keep up. I need the mental silence so badly, but any DM practice increases the energy, so I don't know what to do...

Here's another one. This one's all psychological. Has been happening for months now, I don't even know how to explain it. I know it will offend some people, and I apologize for that but cannot control it. My wife just gave me a sideways look and moved on...

I am seeing women as men!
And, to the same extent, men look like women.

I would look at the most gorgeous angelic female face and see a soft, beautiful male. I cannot stop seeing the male features in even the most attractive faces. Conversely, males appear very female, especially the ones with active Kundalini. The employees of music stores tend to have a strong female/motherly vibe.

I don't know what to do about this perception, it's causing some adjustments in my psyche. I happen (?) to be a people photographer, and needless to say I am having some difficulty. I'd have a beautiful lady model walk in my studio and while I am running my session on the surface, I have this nagging humorous understanding at the back of my head, that she is a male pretending to be female.

Weird, and again I apologize and do not mean to offend. It's like I'm re-living my teenage years again, so much confusion. Is this the Kundalini at work?

I am very attracted to bass sounds and seem to have become increasingly sensitive to colours, especially in a certain range. For once, this last development is useful in my work

Guys I wonder what kind of practice I should do?? Any dm seems quite strong. Should I expand the mantra to go more slowly? Twice a day 20mins seems both good for mental silence, but also taxing on the body.

Even as I finish typing this, the top of my head is warming up.

Also, how to ground?? I have tried being out with the feet in the grass, but now it's frozen.

Any help or comments, or shared experience, very much appreciated!
Much love

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2021 :  6:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bbqmaster,

This all seems like quite normal progress, with some adverse kundalini side effects coming in due to sensitivity. Your experience with the crown is quite common, for those going through a crown awakening. When the crown comes into play, to begin with there can be a lot going on energetically. These energetic movements caused by the crown opening are not limited just to the top of the head. They can take place anywhere in the body or mind.

Have you looked at the lesson on making adaptations to your practices if you are very sensitive to energies? It is here:

Lesson 367 - Suggestions for Over-Sensitive Meditators

And also have you looked at the lesson on grounding practices? That one is here:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

You may also find these lesson additions useful:

367.1 - Using Nadi Shodana when Sensitive to Spinal Breathing

367.2 - For Sensitivity, Meditating Once Per Day?

367.4 - Passive Awareness Technique for Very Sensitive Meditators

367.6 - Sensitivity vs. Progress with Different Styles of Meditation

I would say at this stage, stepping down from Deep Meditation practice with the mantra, to breathing meditation would be a good idea. Or to the passive awareness technique, if you have enough abiding inner silence present. If changing the meditation object is not enough, then switching from spinal breathing to alternate nostril breathing as discussed in lesson 367 would be advisable. If you change your meditation object, then stick with the new one for at least 6-months. That will give you time to settle in.

And spending an hour or two walking every day in nature would be a good idea. Or swimming, or gardening etc. Any kind of gentle physical activity will help to ground out the energies.

As for seeing men as women and women as men, this is not uncommon. Everyone has both masculine and feminine energies inside them, to varying degrees and as we awaken, we begin to see this more and more. Eventually we do not identify anyone as either a man or a woman, or as either masculine or feminine. We see them simply for what they are, pure bliss consciousness and divine love.

It could be a good idea not to go around telling people this though. It is quite normal for people to identify fairly strongly with their perceived gender, or to identify strongly with being non-binary, and they may not take kindly to someone having a different perspective about them. Luckily it seems that your wife is quite chilled out! You were obviously meant to be together.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

bbqmaster

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2021 :  4:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Christi, thank you very much for making me feel a little normal.
No I wouldn't dream of talking about these things to anyone. It took me a few months to bring up courage to ask u guys.

Actually the more is revealed to me internally, the less inclined I am to talk about the Kundalini and things like that. My wife thinks all this stuff is a little crazy, but puts up with it anyway.
Sometimes I think she is a realized master staying with me for my benefit, haha

I have switched to breath as an object this morning, starting low at 12 mins. Trying hard to not let it turn into pranayama.

Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2021 :  10:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have switched to breath as an object this morning, starting low at 12 mins. Trying hard to not let it turn into pranayama.

Hi Bbqmaster,

Essentially with pranayama, the breath is changed in some way, usually either deliberately slowing it down, or speeding it up, or stopping it all together. Or we are doing something with our attention as with spinal breathing. If you are using the breath as a meditation object, then it is with the natural breath and there is no attempt made to deliberately change the breath in any way.

If you find yourself deliberately changing you breath, then when you notice you are doing that, you would come back to the natural breath again. Or, if you find yourself tracing the spinal nerve, again, when you notice, you would easily favour the natural breath with your attention, over that experience. So, it is a question of what we come back to, when we notice we are off it.

This does not mean that the breath cannot change on its own. It can, and certainly will. As the mind becomes calm, the breath can naturally slow down on its own, and even stop all together for periods of time. But that is not pranayama, because we are not doing it deliberately.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  07:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear BBQ,

There are other threads in the forums of others reporting suddenly becoming attracted to the same sex - you may wish to dig around for them.

Enjoy the chaos. Use it to unleash your creativity. I wish all the best.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  7:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"When you make the two into one,
and when you make the inner like the outer
and the outer like the inner,
and the upper like the lower,
and when you make male and female into a single one,
so that the male will not be male nor the female be female,
when you make eyes in place of an eye,
a hand in place of a hand,
a foot in place of a foot,
an image in place of an image,
then you will enter [the Kingdom]."
Gospel of Thomas (22)

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4371 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2021 :  10:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000