New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2023 :  6:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also found this helpful. I have never heard of amrita being expressed externally.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2023 :  10:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Yesterday I filmed a short podcast looking at the question: "What is kundalini?".

It is available to watch here

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Parsifal

Poland
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2023 :  1:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Tristan. As always, when I hear about your experiences during many years of yoga practice, it motivates me even more to continue my own AYP practice.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2023 :  7:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Last year I recorded a short podcast answering the question: "Why practise asana as part of yoga?" I recorded it as audio only at the time, but have just re-filmed it, this time in video format. My daughter, Ishana, is one of the asana demonstrators. She is the one with the colourful trousers.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2023 :  12:34:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I just posted a new podcast looking at how to deal with a painful kundalini awakening. I also talk a bit towards the end about the global spiritual awakening and the need for more education. It is on YouTube here with timestamps.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2023 :  8:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I just put a short podcast on YouTube looking at the question of how meditation leads to enlightenment.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 04 2023 :  5:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Part of a talk that I gave on an AYP teacher training course in Spain in 2019, on the subject of the relationship between yoga and religion.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 12 2023 :  3:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I posted a new YouTube video last night on the topic of the opening of the heart chakra, and what the experience of it is like. It is a clip from a talk given on the chakras during an AYP yoga teacher training course in Spain in 2019.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Wil

Sweden
150 Posts

Posted - May 12 2023 :  4:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi all,

I posted a new YouTube video last night on the topic of the opening of the heart chakra, and what the experience of it is like. It is a clip from a talk given on the chakras during an AYP yoga teacher training course in Spain in 2019.

The video is here: https://youtu.be/ATdFdr-NaXM

Christi

Nice video! Some bonus under-the-hood things too
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 13 2023 :  12:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 17 2023 :  1:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I posted a short video yesterday on the topic of the opening of the crown chakra. It is a section of a class given on an AYP yoga teacher training course that took place in AndalucĂ­a, Spain, during 2019.

I talk about some of the symptoms that people often experience as the crown is opening, and how it fits in to the whole journey of spiritual awakening.

It can be found here

Subtitles are available on the video, and there is a link to YouTube where translation is also available.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 23 2023 :  9:14:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

A short video on the role of concentration in meditation and entry into samadhi.

https://www.aypinternational.com/po...nto-samadhi/

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2023 :  01:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

A few years ago I was asked the question: "Why did the Buddha say there is no Self?". I have just filmed a short podcast to answer this question. It is on YouTube here:

https://youtu.be/WChHm9YLFzI

The short answer to the question is that he didn't say that. So, the podcast really goes into the question of why people think that he did,and what he really said about the Self.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Jac

Switzerland
28 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2023 :  12:43:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, thanks Tristan !
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2023 :  6:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

This video on YouTube was made from part of a talk I gave on an AYP Advaita retreat, in Germany, in June this year. The talk is on "Pure abiding as the last practice of jnana yoga".

https://youtu.be/4H4tK9vchxE

Auto-translate is available on the video. To make it work, first, turn on the subtitles in English (cc), then go to -Settings - Subtitles - Auto-translate - (Select the language). You can then drag-and-drop the subtitles around the screen.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2023 :  9:54:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

New Podcast on YouTube: "Where to Practice Meditation?".

https://youtu.be/EYE9KtRbg4E

A short clip, taken from an AYP Teacher Training Course in Spain.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2023 :  11:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Over the last few years, a number of people have asked me about the teachings of Krishnamurti and about how these teachings relate to the practices of yoga. Basically, Krishnamurti taught that meditation is not something that you can do, but a state of being where the mind is silent and there is no "centre".

So, I have recorded a short video for YouTube on this subject, including how we can know if we are ready to make use of Krishnamurti's teachings.

https://youtu.be/dmEAmT3GEiI

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2023 :  2:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

New video on YouTube, which I filmed to answer some of the questions that people asked about amrita since the first video I filmed on the subject. It is here:

Eight questions about amrita
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2023 :  09:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Last year I was asked how long it takes to become enlightened, and if there is anything we can do to speed up the process? So, I have recorded a short video on the subject for YouTube which is here:

How long does enlightenment take?
Go to Top of Page

Jac

Switzerland
28 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2023 :  10:25:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Again and again, thank you for your teaching Tristan.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2023 :  1:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2023 :  1:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I have just put a new podcast on YouTube called "Entering Samadhi". It is here:

https://youtu.be/XUESRNsXGbs

It is a video from an online video course I am currently filming about Deep Meditation practice. I am hoping the video course will become available over the next few weeks.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2023 :  07:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

People occasionally ask about the 8th chakra above the crown chakra, and what its relevance is in yoga?

This is a short clip from a talk I gave in spain in 2019 about this chakra:

https://youtu.be/3TOvb7e46S0
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2023 :  7:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I was asked the question: "What does the One Ring represent spiritually, in the Lord of The Rings?" So, I filmed a video for YouTube about what I believe the ring is an allegory for. It can be found here:

https://youtu.be/5Tr2ya_-BD8
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2023 :  6:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I recently made a video about entry into samadhi. After posting it I was asked what the relationship was between the experience of samadhi, and enlightenment. This is something that is not often talked about in yoga, so I have recorded a video for YouTube to answer this question. It can be found here:

https://youtu.be/zrRG58b4-0A
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000