New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2021 :  12:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Over the next few months I will be doing a series of short podcasts on different aspects of yoga.

The first one is available and can be found here:

Do we need to practise asana as part of yoga?

It is in answer to the question: "Do we need to include an asana sequence as part of our yoga practice, or can we simply practice meditation? And if we can only practice meditation, then what is the body missing out on by not having an asana practice?"

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2021 :  4:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi for offering this teaching
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2021 :  6:51:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2021 :  1:53:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, Great podcast! Looking forward to the next one.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2021 :  5:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As am I
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2021 :  5:06:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, excellent.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  2:24:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

New podcast available in answer to the question: "Why does meditation seem to get harder after a few years?".

On the AYP International Website

On YouTube

On Apple Podcasts
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2021 :  7:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi. I didn't think I was having a harder time with meditation. As I listened to your podcast I realized I have been experiencing prana infusing the stillness of meditation lately. Fortunately, having understood this is a normal part of the process, I've not been distracted by it. Hearing you describe it, I felt even more comfortable with this normal process. I am looking forward to your next podcast.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2021 :  12:06:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2021 :  10:38:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

One of the questions that I often get asked is how to begin a Self-Inquiry practice? I made this podcast to describe a simple practice that I have used for many years, and which is very effective. Some degree of inner silence is needed, in order to engage effectively in practices like these.

It can be found here:

AYP International Private Facebook Group

YouTube

Spotify

Apple Podcasts
Go to Top of Page

Presence Light

Algeria
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2021 :  11:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2021 :  02:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, Thank you for continuing to create these helpful podcasts. As I venture down the self inquiry path it is helpful to hear your suggestions for training the mind to take on less complicated stuff.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2021 :  08:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2021 :  8:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I was asked the question: "Can Neo-Advaita teachings be dangerous?" It is not a simple subject, so I created a short podcast to answer that question.

It is available here:

Youtube

Spotify

Apple podcasts
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 18 2022 :  12:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I created a short podcast in answer to the question: "How is it possible to experience bliss and sadness at the same time?"

YouTube

Spotify

Apple podcasts

Christi
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 18 2022 :  5:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, Thank you for sharing another helpful podcast. I have experienced both bliss and ecstasy with emotions such as sadness. I've had to let go of a belief that bliss and ecstasy result in the end of pain. Yogani often points out pain is a part of life, suffering does not have to be.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - May 19 2022 :  08:52:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul,

Yes, there is a difference between pain and suffering. It is possible to experience pain without suffering. When suffering is not there, it is actually possible to feel things more fully, because aversion is not there. So, we can experience grief fully, despair fully, sadness fully and so on. And we are no longer frightened to experience the pain of others.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2022 :  3:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I filmed a short podcast yesterday to look at the question: "What does the word Yoga mean?". It goes into some detail about the various different aspects and limbs of yoga, and why they are all called "yoga". It is available here

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Jac

Switzerland
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2022 :  11:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting, thanks Christi !
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2022 :  03:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

A few people asked if I could enable auto-translate on the video, so I have done that now. To make it work, first, turn on the subtitles in English (cc), then go to > Settings > Subtitles > Auto-translate > (Select the language). You can then drag-and-drop the subtitles around the screen.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2022 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, Thanks for sharing this. I found it a very helpful summary of yoga. You've made me curious about digging into the Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita. Do you have any specific recommendations on translations/commentaries that you have found particularly good for these texts?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2022 :  02:13:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Interpaul,

For the Bhagavad Gita, if you want an easy read (which I would recommend), then "The Bhagavad Gita: a Walkthrough for Westerners" translated by Jack Hawley is very good. It is not a literal translation, but keeps true to the basic meaning and message of the Gita. It is 193 pages.

If you want a slightly heavier read, which is more true to the actual text then "God Talks with Arjuna" by Paramahamsa Yogananda is very good. It is 1224 pages.

For the Upanishads, "Hindu Scriptures" translated by Dominic Goodall is good. It is 410 pages and contains six of the Upanishads plus some other texts. It does actually contain a translation of the Bhagavad Gita as well, but the two books I mentioned above are a better introduction to the Gita.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2022 :  03:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  01:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I re-filmed a short podcast today called "What is Amrita?". I originally filmed this last April.

It is available here

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  04:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A compelling listen, thank you. I especially appreciate the Sanskrit spellings, not my strongest ability
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2023 :  12:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000